Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fortune Tellers etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Didn't that Derren Brown lad do it a few week ago in England on the telly?
    nah, that was an illusion, plus, he showed how he did it afterwards, twas as a swizz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    The first tarot cards were created in the 15th century in France, I think. Bit late for pre-Christian Celtic Ireland!
    The tarot is just one form of divination; I'm sure the Druids had their own

''Some scholars have argued that Druids originally belonged to a pre-Celtic ('non-Aryan') population in Britain and Ireland (from where they spread to Gaul), noting that there is no trace of Druidism among Celts elsewhere - in Cisalpine Italy, Spain, or Galatia (modern Turkey). Others, however, believe that Druids were an indigenous Celtic intelligentsia to be found among all Celtic peoples, but were known by other names. The mythologies describe Druids who were capable of many magical powers such as divination & prophesy, control of the weather, healing, levitation, and shape changing themselves into the forms of animals''

Right i was always sceptical of this but when a group of friends were going i decided to go see for myself and see what it was all about. We went to a lady up around droghada and to be honest she freaked me out she knew a fair bit about me but alot of what she told me was bollix aswell but the part that freaked me out was when she named a family member to me saying he had a heart problem but didnt know it and it was my fathers name and he had been in hospital alot at the time getting various tests done but aanyways 2 days later i get a phone call from my dad telling me my uncle who has the same name as him just droped dead of a heart attack on holidays, the man was healthy a non drinker or smoker so was very out of the blue. I swear the shiver i got as i got that call freaked me out big time so for that reason i think there must be something to it all although id say 90% of these people are chancers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Lovin View Post
    Right i was always sceptical of this but when a group of friends were going i decided to go see for myself and see what it was all about. We went to a lady up around droghada and to be honest she freaked me out she knew a fair bit about me but alot of what she told me was bollix aswell but the part that freaked me out was when she named a family member to me saying he had a heart problem but didnt know it and it was my fathers name and he had been in hospital alot at the time getting various tests done but aanyways 2 days later i get a phone call from my dad telling me my uncle who has the same name as him just droped dead of a heart attack on holidays, the man was healthy a non drinker or smoker so was very out of the blue. I swear the shiver i got as i got that call freaked me out big time so for that reason i think there must be something to it all although id say 90% of these people are chancers.
    you're right, it's all a load of cobblers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karin_27 View Post
    Ok, I'm going to make this post short as I need to move my ass from the couch ...

I do not believe in any of the mind readers / future readers out there.

There are plenty of spiritual things surrounding us but I think that we , the people lost any kind of links to true spirituality. Feeding our minds with mondene and trivial things doesn't gain us any favours on the spiritual side. Yes, some of us are more clever, better & quicker to judge by a situation and this could make us wonder if maybe these person posses a real gift. But I doubt that any modern man has the real gift now.

Anita, sorry if this offends you, I hope not ...
    No, not a all. I'm well aware that ''ignorance is bliss''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    No, not a all. I'm well aware that ''ignorance is bliss''
    this is one of those "you're great if you believe but ignorant if you don't" scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by blankmannn View Post
    this is one of those "you're great if you believe but ignorant if you don't" scenarios?
    Indeed it would seem that way Ah i like bliss it rymes with what i like to take

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Lovin View Post
    Indeed it would seem that way Ah i like bliss it rymes with what i like to take
    agreed, some people take life too serious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blankmannn View Post
    Take it any way you like

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    Take it any way you like
    deedin I shall, it's my right

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast