Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this a mistake

Reviews

For a start I would suggest you stick to the correct profile name that you wish to get unbanned, you keep saying mclovin which you have already been told is different to the Mc Lovin profile you actually want to get unbanned, stop adding to the confusion!!! As for Eircoms Dynamic ip's, odds of you getting the same ip of a user that has a profile on here yet alone a banned one is very slim, getting an ip the same as 2 banned users is astronmical!!

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    For a start I would suggest you stick to the correct profile name that you wish to get unbanned, you keep saying mclovin which you have already been told is different to the Mc Lovin profile you actually want to get unbanned, stop adding to the confusion!!! As for Eircoms Dynamic ip's, odds of you getting the same ip of a user that has a profile on here yet alone a banned one is very slim, getting an ip the same as 2 banned users is astronmical!!
    Well my understanding would be that the other 2 users are the same person so i possibly shared an ip with 1 other but its not something i would drag out into a long protracted arguement as i cant furnish any proof other than my posting history which didnt breach any rules. I am asuming you know more about this whole ip thing than me i never even heard of it untill tonight. Ye the name thing was my own fault alright i had i even known there was another with that name i'd of went for somthing different but thats neither here nor there at the start of this thread i thought it was a genuine mistake or perhaps a glitch i now know thats not the case and it has become aparent the profile will stay banned which makes me wonder why this ones not since i'm some banned user with nothing better to do than come back all day, either way i've got my answer i was looking for all be it not the one i was looking for but an ans none the less.

Blog Entries

Default Mc Lovin / Why..............

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Why shared an ip with 2 previously banned members joycey and dicuntled punter.
    I was here earlier for a bit and I told you I'd look into this but I had to leave in a bit of a rush but I'm back noiw.........

As HWM says, an Ip check showed you share an IP with 2 banned users........

Here that are, their user names, their joining dated and their banning dates........... along with your joining date.........

joycey:...................Joined: 24.09.09, Banned: 24.09.09
    discuntled punter:....Joined: 25.09.09, Banned: 25.09.09
    Mc Lovin:................Joined: 27.09.09
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I was here earlier for a bit and I told you I'd look into this but I had to leave in a bit of a rush but I'm back noiw.........

As HWM says, an Ip check showed you share an IP with 2 banned users........

Here that are, their user names, their joining dated and their banning dates........... along with your joining date.........

joycey:...................Joined: 24.09.09, Banned: 24.09.09
    discuntled punter:....Joined: 25.09.09, Banned: 25.09.09
    Mc Lovin:................Joined: 27.09.09
    Once again luther thanks for your efforts i'm at a loss to try come up with any way of clearing my name of these banned profiles but i talked with you the night i joined i know your a reasonable chap and your hands are probably tied here. A couple of questions if a profile is banned is it not possible to also ban that ip adress to make this kind of error impossible in future? and if i am a banned user why am i aloud post under this profile name as it pretty much beats the purpose of banning me in the first place?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I have to agree with Anon that it seems unlikely that you would get the same IP as a banned user. However it is possible what was the guy Joycey and Discuntled banned for was it the Saturday night troll.

IP address matching is not 100% especially if it is an ISP that uses dynamic IPs if it was UPC/NTL then I would say it is definitely the same guy but with Eircom it is possible it is a different guy. If it was on the same day I would say it was definitely the same guy I presume you have only checked his IP yesterday so that means it is nearly 3 weeks later if this guy is telling the truth that he turns of his modem every night its possible he has been unlucky and landed with a banned users former IP.

I guess it is up to the mods to assess whether they believe his story or not based on his 3 weeks here.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by why View Post
    Once again luther thanks for your efforts

luther is the man,

fat arse

nbt

Blog Entries

Why / Mc Lovin,

I have to say all the IP etc evidence strongly suggested that you were almost certainly an alias of previous banned users. This is why you were banned, and I don't think the mods made a mistake in banning you. However I appreciate that you have come on here and said you were not those banned users and you are not here to cause trouble etc. I'm not an IT expert enough to decide this either way really, but I think there is a small chance the IP evidence we went on could have been wrong. This could possibly be a strange series of coincidences. So, what I propose is, I unban the mc lovin id now and we start afresh. If we were wrong to ban you, I appologise for that Mc Lovin.

Pat x

Blog Entries

Default He sure is.........

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    luther is the man,

fat arse
    And you're lucky there's a rule about the quote thing of I'd be putting a "from" in between Luther is the man, and fat arse
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Why / Mc Lovin,

I have to say all the IP etc evidence strongly suggested that you were almost certainly an alias of previous banned users. This is why you were banned, and I don't think the mods made a mistake in banning you. However I appreciate that you have come on here and said you were not those banned users and you are not here to cause trouble etc. I'm not an IT expert enough to decide this either way really, but I think there is a small chance the IP evidence we went on could have been wrong. This could possibly be a strange series of coincidences. So, what I propose is, I unban the mc lovin id now and we start afresh. If we were wrong to ban you, I appologise for that Mc Lovin.

Pat x
    Seeing as the Mc Lovin profile is now live again, the reasons for the existence of the "why" profile no longer apply, and as it is not a comedy profile, "why" is now being decommissioned beyond use.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Why / Mc Lovin,

Pat x
    Thanks pat and the mods for being sympathetic to my situation and for giving me the benefit of the doubt i think you guys made the right choice as i'm just here for the laugh like the rest of the guys. And especialy to luther for his work in bringing this situation to a conclusion cheers mate, and all the lads here that suported me in this thread cheers.

My god getting all emotional its like winning a grammy lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast