Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Latin. The language of looooooove and EI ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I banned him, according to the rules for not posting in English.....

I banned T100 lastnight for 3 days for posting in a foreign language after he had been warned......
    Now the record is clear you warned him about Latin he stopped after you said last warning and posted in Irish. You then banned him. Irish is not a Foreign Language in Ireland or in the UK. Hence he was not posting in a foreign language

Wrong again. The heading, and the first line of the rule states........

English Language Only
    We do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t English.
    Yes but the ban edit delete element of that rule only refers to foreign languages and codes Irish is neither.

Now Stewie, that's a weak line. You jumped in without reading all the facts. I didn't delete all his foreigh posts just so people could see some of them. In fact I think I only deleted about 5 of them. They were random forign posts on random threads...........

Regardless of how many of his posts were deleted of not, all 4 of my warnings are there to be seen by everybody. What did you think I kept warning him about??? The same post???

Now if you didn't read all of his remaining posts and all of my warnings, or couldn't piece it all together or understand it, then that's your problem..........
    I have no problem with you banning T100 for posting in Latin as clearly that is a breach of the rules

However you the rule is not clear it asks for posts only in English which is fine but then there is a full stop and after that it sets out codes and foreign languages and the course of action that may be taken if people post in codes or foreign languages as Irish is the First language of this state and a recognised regional language in the UK under the GFA where this site is based Irish is clearly not a Foreign language so does not fall within the rule that posting in codes or Foreign languages may lead to a post being edited deleted or lead to a ban.

Now you posted a warning about foreign languages after which T100 did not post in Latin again he posted in Irish and you answered him in Irish (partly). As Irish is not a foreign language under the rule only english is allowed but you can only ban him for posting in a foreign language or code which he did not do after he was warned.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Default Bloody Foreigners - If you should at them loudly enough they will understand.

I seem to have missed a lot of action here today.

Let me get this right, T100 is now persona non grata and the moderators are some peoples bete noire ?

Is this thread going up a cul-de-sac ?

Anyway I'm off for an aperitif before a menage a trois later this evening with a couple of femme fatale.

I'm such a bon viveur.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Lovin View Post
    Cmon lads in fairness right or wrong how many times did this dickhead have to be told he was acting the bollix and luther put him in his place simple as not worth all the fighting

Of course he was acting the bollix if he had been banned for posting in Latin fair enough but he was banned for posting in Irish.

Fair enough this is an English only site but the rules state you can be banned for posting in a Foreign language or in a code they do not state that you can be banned for posting in anything except English.
    Irish does not fit into either foreign or code it is a sloppy rule and it was a sloppy warning that Luther gave and he never gave any warning on the use of Irish.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    now the record is clear you warned him about latin he stopped after you said last warning and posted in irish. You then banned him. Irish is not a foreign language in ireland or in the uk. Hence he was not posting in a foreign language

yes but the ban edit delete element of that rule only refers to foreign languages and codes irish is neither.

I have no problem with you banning t100 for posting in latin as clearly that is a breach of the rules

however you the rule is not clear it asks for posts only in english which is fine but then there is a full stop and after that it sets out codes and foreign languages and the course of action that may be taken if people post in codes or foreign languages as irish is the first language of this state and a recognised regional language in the uk under the gfa where this site is based irish is clearly not a foreign language so does not fall within the rule that posting in codes or foreign languages may lead to a post being edited deleted or lead to a ban.

Now you posted a warning about foreign languages after which t100 did not post in latin again he posted in irish and you answered him in irish (partly). As irish is not a foreign language under the rule only english is allowed but you can only ban him for posting in a foreign language or code which he did not do after he was warned.
    cal are you giving out again:d

not sure but id say he was banned not because of the language but because he was asked not to do it again,but he did anywaymi cud be wrong because i only made a half ass attempt to read it
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post

Let me get this right, T100 is now persona non grata and the moderators are some peoples bete noire ?

Anyway I'm off for an aperitif before a menage a trois later this evening with a couple of femme fatale.

I'm such a bon viveur.
    can someone ban this guy quick

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post

I'm such a bon viveur.

Second funniest post here today after the one, where luther created that vision in my head of him wiping his arse with his cock

nbt

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fran Tick View Post
    Ah Latin..... brings back memories of my schooldays when I was forced to learn a defunct language which proved to be of absolutely no benefit to me in life.
    Ah if you had been here last night all that time would have reaped a reward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Now the record is clear you warned him about Latin he stopped after you said last warning and posted in Irish. You then banned him. Irish is not a Foreign Language in Ireland or in the UK. Hence he was not posting in a foreign language
    Stewie, you're grasping at straws..........

But to be clear, as far as I know I didn't warn him about Latin.........

Here's the 4 posts I made while dealing with it last night........

Can you stick to posting in English so all can understand...........Cheers..........
    I'll give you one more chance..........

Here's the rule.....

English Language Only
    We do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t English. If you post in code or a foreign language your post may be edited or deleted. We will ban users who post in code or a foreign language after we have warned them not to continue doing so.
    This is your last warning...........

English Language Only
    We do not allow messages which are written in code or a language which isn’t English. If you post in code or a foreign language your post may be edited or deleted. We will ban users who post in code or a foreign language after we have warned them not to continue doing so.
    It'll be slán leat........

If you do it again...........
    And then I banned him.......

You are terminated for 3 days..........I warned you enough times............
    Now, if I mis-spoke myself in the post below as to why he was banned, then I am truely sorry, and beg the forgiveness of one and all...........

I banned T100 lastnight for 3 days for posting in a foreign language after he had been warned......

I have no problem with you banning T100 for posting in Latin as clearly that is a breach of the rules
    Ya, that's the impression I'm getting for you alright........

However you the rule is not clear it asks for posts only in English which is fine but then there is a full stop and after that it sets out codes and foreign languages and the course of action that may be taken if people post in codes or foreign languages as Irish is the First language of this state and a recognised regional language in the UK under the GFA where this site is based Irish is clearly not a Foreign language so does not fall within the rule that posting in codes or Foreign languages may lead to a post being edited deleted or lead to a ban.
    That an interpeitation of the rules Stewie, in the situation I was dealing with last night I saw it differently..........

Now you posted a warning about foreign languages after which T100 did not post in Latin again he posted in Irish and you answered him in Irish (partly). As Irish is not a foreign language under the rule only english is allowed but you can only ban him for posting in a foreign language or code which he did not do after he was warned.
    Again, I don't think I warned him about posting in a foreign language. I think I asked him nicely to post in English as that was my interpretation of the rule.........

Now again to be clear. After I posted my original request to T100 to only post in English he posted 4 times in Latin, 1 post containing Irish and Latin, and then another 3 times in Irish, so your claim that after I warned him about foreign languages, T100 did not post in Latin again is false........

Now Stewie, I'm not going to keep dancing around the school yard with you about this. If you don't have a problem with me banning T100 why are you still going on about it???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Stewie, you're grasping at straws..........

But to be clear, as far as I know I didn't warn him about Latin.........

Here's the 4 posts I made while dealing with it last night........

And then I banned him.......

Now, if I mis-spoke myself in the post below as to why he was banned, then I am truely sorry, and beg the forgiveness of one and all...........

Ya, that's the impression I'm getting for you alright........

That an interpeitation of the rules Stewie, in the situation I was dealing with last night I saw it differently..........

Again, I don't think I warned him about posting in a foreign language. I think I asked him nicely to post in English as that was my interpretation of the rule.........

Now again to be clear. After I posted my original request to T100 to only post in English he posted 4 times in Latin, 1 post containing Irish and Latin, and then another 3 times in Irish, so your claim that after I warned him about foreign languages, T100 did not post in Latin again is false........

Now Stewie, I'm not going to keep dancing around the school yard with you about this. If you don't have a problem with me banning T100 why are you still going on about it???

My problem is your contention that Irish is a foreign language

If you read my post again i clearly said after you gave him the final warning he only posted in Irish after that. That is the case.

It is insulting to refer to Irish as a foreign language which you clearly did.

Blog Entries

Default And it you read my posts clearly you would see.....

My problem is your contention that Irish is a foreign language

If you read my post again i clearly said after you gave him the final warning he only posted in Irish after that. That is the case.

It is insulting to refer to Irish as a foreign language which you clearly did.
    That I warned him about not posting in English, and correct me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, Irish is not English..............

I'll hold up my hand and say that I was incorrect in my explanation as to why her was banned, but previous to his banning I said nothing about a foreign language. I asked him the first time to stick to posting in English...........which he didn't..........

Now Stewie, is this really what you're argument has whittled down to??? That it's insulting to refer to Irish as a foreign language???Which I didn't do...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast