Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Greens are retarded.

Blog Entries

Default I never said it wasnt important.

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    For an econmy that wants to have an educated and skilled work force to attract foreign investment???

Multi national companies won't set up here if we don't have the people to work for them.........
    but adding 500 more teachers i dont go along with at the moment.Have bigger class sizes if neccessary.I think health should have more money put into it at the moment than education.A poor health system will cost us more in the long run.

Multi national companies wont set up here because we are uncompetitive and too costly.We have plenty of educated ppl here,its the high cost of running business here that is the problem.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Perhaps.........

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Multi national companies wont set up here because we are uncompetitive and too costly.We have plenty of educated ppl here,its the high cost of running business here that is the problem.

Westside.
    But an educated and skilled work force is one of our strongest hands in trying to attract them, along with low corporation tax etc........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default True but

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    But an educated and skilled work force is one of our strongest hands in trying to attract them, along with low corporation tax etc........
    even our corporations tax isnt enough.Its simply cheaper to make money elsewhere.When we first had the low corporations tax it was fine but the costs have exceeded any gains made by this lately.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Best of luck with that Fergal

Quote Originally Posted by feargal View Post
    HEY LADS I am trying to mget away from this shit POLITICS
    Best regards Feargal
    Lovingly,
    West.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by feargal View Post
    HEY LADS I am trying to mget away from this shit POLITICS
    Best regards Feargal
    How can one possibly get away from politics or the affects of what our politicians do?........you have about as much chance as trying to get way from women.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    How can one possibly get away from politics or the affects of what our politicians do?........you have about as much chance as trying to get way from women.
    Never had a problem getting away from women. They might have had a problem getting away from me though.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Cake and eat it

even our corporations tax isnt enough.Its simply cheaper to make money elsewhere.When we first had the low corporations tax it was fine but the costs have exceeded any gains made by this lately.

Westside.
    Well u cant have ure cake and eat it,i hear nothing from the people u cant cut wages u must improve work conditions ,unions u must honour wage increases ,lump it or like it
    wages are where we are totally out of kilter if u want to compete in the enviorements u talk about
    personally i think we are wasting our time trying to go down that road as now it wont be acceptable
    to anybody to cut wages to compete with Asia,China India etc.As Luther said then our only option
    is concentrate on high end jobs ,technology and R and D etc and for those education is vital

So we are about to come upon probably the toughest budget in a long long time and The Greens bring on 500 extra teachers and have no third level fees????????????????They are retarded.

They should definatly bring in third level fees based on means testing and fuck the 500 teachers.500 more ppl that work half the year and sit on their holes the rest of it???????????????

Bollox to that.These ppl have no concept of politics at all.They should stick with play station.

Fools,
    Westside.
    Not a great fan of the Greens, however I think what they have achieved is very good for education.

It would be incorrect to say that they spend half the year on their holes, as in the case of a primary teacher they are off for two months thats one sixth, therefore they are working 5 sixths.
    Also their work is very stressful as they would always have some little bollox acting up in the class.

Also the lifting of third level fees has taken the weight off many a family who are already hardpressed.

I am not a fan of means testing as you will find that only kids from disadvantaged areas whose parents are on the dole would qualify, anyone in middle income Ireland who are already taxed up to their bollox would end up paying full whack.

in any event my point is creating more costs at a time when trying to save so much is counter productive.

If they want to spend more money it should go into areas according to importance which should be health etc.

they are retarded,
    Westside.
    The health service in Ireland is one black hole. It would be throwing good money after bad.

The problem is that there are too many vested interests in the Irish health system and it would need someone with balls to take them on.
    That rules out Harney (or does it).
    She has to be the worst Minister for Health as she came in promising change but never delivered anything.
    Consultants can earn up to €250,000 per year in the public Health service Plus they can do private work on top of that. In Germany and the UK the pay for a consultant is arond €95,000.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by lordjohn View Post
    The health service in Ireland is one black hole. It would be throwing good money after bad.

The problem is that there are too many vested interests in the Irish health system and it would need someone with balls to take them on.
    That rules out Harney (or does it).
    She has to be the worst Minister for Health as she came in promising change but never delivered anything.
    Consultants can earn up to €250,000 per year in the public Health service Plus they can do private work on top of that. In Germany and the UK the pay for a consultant is arond €95,000.
    I have a certain amount of sympathy for any minister of any party who is minister for
    health because no matter what they try to do the vested intrests resist at every attempt
    just look how the consultants fought to the bitter end on their contract negotations using
    every delaying tactic they could.The problem with health is not the size of the budget
    but how its spent,we spend 38% of it on administration the Eu average is something like
    18 to 20% but when u try to resolve this the resistance from unions ,civil servants etc is huge
    Until there is a change of attitude its going to be seriously hard to resolve

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast