View Poll Results: Is it a good decision that Barack Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 28.57%
  • NO

15 71.43%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nobel Peace Prize.

The US is the world's biggest terrorist state. In the past sixty odd years, the US has started more wars, overthrown more democratic governments and killed more civilians that any other country. They have the biggest armaments industry and the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons. Just look at the recent history of Latin America, South-East Asia and the Middle East - all of the major conflict in these regions have had US involvement. In spite of his hip cool image, the fact that Obama is President will not change the fundamentals of US foreign policy one bit, and he proved that when he sent even more US troops into Afghanistan. "Might is right" is how the US operates across the globe. Awarding a peace prize to any leading American political figure is a farce and a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
    The US is the world's biggest terrorist state. In the past sixty odd years, the US has started more wars, overthrown more democratic governments and killed more civilians that any other country. They have the biggest armaments industry and the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons. Just look at the recent history of Latin America, South-East Asia and the Middle East - all of the major conflict in these regions have had US involvement. In spite of his hip cool image, the fact that Obama is President will not change the fundamentals of US foreign policy one bit, and he proved that when he sent even more US troops into Afghanistan. "Might is right" is how the US operates across the globe. Awarding a peace prize to any leading American political figure is a farce and a travesty.
    Very well put...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Lovin View Post
    Very well put...
    Wasn't it just.....

Blog Entries

Default Got this on site i go to

And this is why I love Texas. Do you think the RNC would have the stones to send this out?

Email from the Republican Party of Texas:
    ————————————————————–

President Barack Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for, in the words of the Nobel Commitee, intending to promote nuclear disarmament and world peace. In announcing the award, the Committee acknowledged that he hasn’t actually achieved anything on either of these subjects. Or much of anything else.

The Nobel Committee gave the president its most prestigious award for what he wants to do, not what he’s done. That made us wonder, what other prestigious award will the president win next? Surely the Nobel is only the first of many accolades.

He loves NCAA basketall. Perhaps he’ll be awarded a national championship. Or maybe the NBA will name him this year’s MVP. He drives a car. Perhaps Motor Trend will name him Car of the Year.

He has actually written two books. Perhaps a Pulizter, or a Nobel for literature, will come his way.

The president is known to like pie. Perhaps he’ll win a blue ribbon at the Illinois State Fair.

He did host the “beer summit.” Perhaps he’ll be named a Real Man of Genius.

Surely a Cy Young, a Heisman, a Vince Lombardi trophy, and the America’s Cup will take their places on the president’s mantle soon. And his Tour de France shirt and US Open blazer must be in the mail by now.

He could be awarded the NASCAR Sprint Cup, because no one turns left like President Obama.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default I am surprised by Mr Obama's award but

I would think that the people responsible for deciding the award are intelligent and insightful.
    I imagine they have given due consideration to all the nominees and we should all respect that decision. How many previous winners have been challenged as to their suitability in the way that Brack Obama has?

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Blog Entries

We, here is the USA, our just as dumbfounded as the next as to why he won it, and for the most part don't think he deserves it. I, myself, was shocked by the news, and I think it makes the award look cheap and tacky, now that he has it

Sorry Mademoiselle Avenante, but I think that Hillary Clinton, like her scum-bag husband, is a power hungry liar.

During the US elections in an effort to grab votes she claimed - on three seperate occasions no less - to have arrived in Bosnia under sniper fire when she paid a visit there 12 years ago.

However, when video footage contradicting this story came to light, she claimed to have "misspoke".

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pussy Eater View Post
    Sorry Mademoiselle Avenante, but I think that Hillary Clinton, like her scum-bag husband, is a power hungry liar.

During the US elections in an effort to grab votes she claimed - on three seperate occasions no less - to have arrived in Bosnia under sniper fire when she paid a visit there 12 years ago.

However, when video footage contradicting this story came to light, she claimed to have "misspoke".
    Ye anyone thinking hillary would of been the better option is thick as 2 planks the woman is a power hungry monster end of. Also it realy doesnt matter who the presedent is since they are controlled by the bankers who answer to no one so there all just puppets really..

Reviews

Nothing against him, but Obama won because he wants world peace and an end to nuclear arms?

Does that mean that every winner of Miss World is now an automatic nominee for the Prize?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345