Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: "Addicted to money" RTE1 tonight

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    319
    Reviews
    12

    Default "Addicted to money" RTE1 tonight

    So David McWilliams proved them all wrong. "Money makes money" said the young Turks who ruled Irish banking 2004-2007. "What's a recession"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Ya, as soon as this BS about overcrowding in "The joy" is finished......

    Boo fcukin whooo......
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    319
    Reviews
    12

    Default

    Thankfully I have the TV on mute, Luther.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Good decision Fran....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fran Tick View Post
    Thankfully I have the TV on mute, Luther.
    I think I'll flick over to something interesting.........
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    3,982

    Default Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

    wow - so people are greedy and stupid and think short term. everything falls apart and starts all over again until the next good time leads to the next collapse ad infinitum

    Tulips !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    I think that the name of it is really stupid. If we were "addicted to money", wouldn't we crave money and be miserly about it and put it away for a rainy day etc.? If we were addicted to it we wouldn't be spending it.

    You don't say a heroin dealer is "addicted to heroin", maybe you say he's addicted to selling or dealing with heroin, not addicted TO it. I can't understand how people can say or have the title of something like that without a second of consideration over it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    wow - so people are greedy and stupid and think short term. everything falls apart and starts all over again until the next good time leads to the next collapse ad infinitum

    Tulips !
    Tulips indeed Brother Alec, the original speculative bubble...........and we still have'nt learned a f**king thing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default I've said it before and I'll say it again...........

    And how does that make you feel???...............

    You were asked it first here folks............
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    319
    Reviews
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I think that the name of it is really stupid. If we were "addicted to money", wouldn't we crave money and be miserly about it and put it away for a rainy day etc.? If we were addicted to it we wouldn't be spending it.

    You don't say a heroin dealer is "addicted to heroin", maybe you say he's addicted to selling or dealing with heroin, not addicted TO it. I can't understand how people can say or have the title of something like that without a second of consideration over it.
    I think the title is an euphenism not a literal meaning. "Easy Credit" became so freely available that as one commentator on the show said "if you could fog up a mirror" you were given credit.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    And how does that make you feel???...............

    You were asked it first here folks............
    In the last sentence he blamed - the bankers then in turn the regulators and then the governments. He stopped at that point. He should not have , he chickened out, there was one group left.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •