Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So whats it like YES voters?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Look I'm trying to tell you, two thirds of the Irish people are stupid and misinformed, I'm right, I always am, even though I live in the past, I'm telling you, you'll all regret voting yes, you fools, you traitors! and so on ............

pmsl

nbt

Talking a nation betrayed

and the millions that died in the famine, and the irish abroad and brian boru and terry wogan and peig and st patrick and arthur guinness and pat ingoldsby and green fields and potatoes everywhere.

A betrayal I tell ya !!!!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    and the millions that died in the famine, and the irish abroad and brian boru and terry wogan and peig and st patrick and arthur guinness and pat ingoldsby and green fields and potatoes everywhere.

A betrayal I tell ya !!!!!

The potatoes arent Irish they are imported

Blog Entries

Default I don't normally get into political debates here........

And I'm certainly not going to get into this one with people who obviously have no idea what they are arguing for or about........

People who use the names if Irish patriots here whom have no relevance to the treaty or debate..........That's an insult to their memories and what they fought and died for........shame on you....

People who describe voters as hypocrites, traitors, not Irish, and talk about culture and history, obviously they have no idea what these words mean........

I've given half my life to the service of this country, and to be called a traitor, a hypocrite and not Irish is an insult.......

To be told I've disrespected the memories of Irish volunteers and patriots.......

Thankfully I sleep safe in the knowledge that these people have no idea what they are talking about, so as a good Irish man, I'll forgive their ignorance.........

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"............Luke 23:34..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Freedom is an all encompassing term

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    And I'm certainly not going to get into this one with people who obviously have no idea what they are arguing for or about........

People who use the names if Irish patriots here whom have no relevance to the treaty or debate..........That's an insult to their memories and what they fought and died for........shame on you....

People who describe voters as hypocrites, traitors, not Irish, and talk about culture and history, obviously they have no idea what these words mean........

I've given half my life to the service of this country, and to be called a traitor, a hypocrite and not Irish is an insult.......

To be told I've disrespected the memories of Irish volunteers and patriots.......

Thankfully I sleep safe in the knowledge that these people have no idea what they are talking about, so as a good Irish man, I'll forgive their ignorance.........

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"............Luke 23:34..........
    Freedom of speech is part and parcel of what was acheived.

Not looking at our history and where it got us would be like one of us not being happy and getting stuck in our parents because they didnt wear a condom that night.

Westside.

A couple of points

1.)
    The things that all the great Irish men of history died for were not in vain, if they had not fought and ultimately died for what they believed in, you would not have even had a chance to vote on Friday. You all seem to forget that point.

2.)
    The things they died for were the right things they believed in at the time. Now its 2009 and the Irish people have voted for what they believe are the right things for OUR time.

My two cents...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by markbl View Post
    A couple of points

1.)
    The things that all the great Irish men of history died for were not in vain, if they had not fought and ultimately died for what they believed in, you would not have even had a chance to vote on Friday. You all seem to forget that point.

2.)
    The things they died for were the right things they believed in at the time. Now its 2009 and the Irish people have voted for what they believe are the right things for OUR time.

My two cents...
    Exactly i couldnt agree with u more , the world in 1921 and the world in 2009 is such a different place,it has gotten to be so much a smaller place through advancements in technology and
    travel,so we can no longer live in our own little coccon we have to engage with those around us
    to survive.Remember the people spoken about were the forward thinkers of their day and im
    quite sure they would be to the forefront if they were alive today and looking forward to progress

Blog Entries

Default More bullshit......

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Freedom is an all encompassing term. Freedom of speech is part and parcel of what was acheived.

Not looking at our history and where it got us would be like one of us not being happy and getting stuck in our parents because they didnt wear a condom that night.

Westside.
    Do you even know what freedom of speech means???
    L

Blog Entries

Default Very well said.....

A couple of points

1.)

2.)

My two cents...
    Worth more than 2 cent........
    L

Reviews

A couple of points

1.)

2.)

My two cents...

well said

nbt

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast