Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: We must vote Yes

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post
    We must vote Yes on Friday. While I would agree with Wests comment on American companies, I cannot agree with his statement to vote No to keep our self respect. Ireland has gained massively from Europe and much of our new and improved infrastructure is a result of EU grants. Our funding of NAMA will be underwritten by the EU and our best chance of avoiding the IMF stepping in, is helped by a strong position in Europe. All this BULL about minimum wage, conscription into an EU army, abortion etc. are all just red herrings perpetuated by GOBSHITES.
    Ah, no - I was looking forward to conscription...all the little feckers playing their music on the bus and generally being rude could do with a year in the military. The army turns boys into men. And on the battle-field, you know how they separate the men from the boys? With a crowbar!

No - feck them: unless we can be guaranteed conscription, I'm voting NO.

Friday's event is a referendum on a EU Treaty - not a general election. There is no argueing with the general frustration with our government, and especially FF. Vote Yes on Friday for the benefit of this country and it's place in Europe but keep those feelings about the government strong until the next general election which will come eventually.

Default Make your vote count !

Please use your vote guys n gals if there's one thing I hate is when folks start complaining only to find out they could not be arsed voting

Elle

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Elle of Edinburgh View Post
    Please use your vote guys n gals if there's one thing I hate is when folks start complaining only to find out they could not be arsed voting

Elle
    I'm not allowed to vote on this one, you probably arn't either Elle, it's a pity, because that's a YES! vote wasted.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Elle of Edinburgh View Post

Elle
    I agree with you there Elle.
    Since the early 80s when I became eligible to vote I think I have only not voted be it elections or referenda on 2 occasions because I was away at the time, so yes if you dont vote then you have no right to criticise politicians when they screw up which the current crowd have done plenty of.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

i agree with you west cork lad everyone must use there vote but i am lost should i vote yes or no i think most people will vote no because they dont understand just like the last time.

Blog Entries

Default They understand alright

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    i agree with you west cork lad everyone must use there vote but i am lost should i vote yes or no i think most people will vote no because they dont understand just like the last time.
    NO voters understand the desire for the yes policitans to have their own little group back in Brussels where they can run the EU with no accountability and untouchable.There they will ensure the CEOs of those national companies will continue to get richer while sincerelt getting backhanders for doing political favours.They can control the employment pool and have workers work for f'all.Its all about control.

We wont be thrown from the EU,our recession is actually beginning to turn slightly.These ppl dont want the hassle that goes with the acclaim.

VOTE NO!
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Benefit??????????

Quote Originally Posted by mij6969 View Post
    Friday's event is a referendum on a EU Treaty - not a general election. There is no argueing with the general frustration with our government, and especially FF. Vote Yes on Friday for the benefit of this country and it's place in Europe but keep those feelings about the government strong until the next general election which will come eventually.
    Ensuring that they can further open our borders,can further ensure thay the rich get richer while those in middle and lower classes have a harsher time?Benefits????

this punish the gov is only a bullshit excuse on behalf of all those terrified yes voters who have dropped their pants for the smacking of a lifetime.Shame.These ppl put EU before their own.Shame.100 years ago they would be shot.

NO!!!!!
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    It's just another thing that I've heard been thrown about. If we vote yes we'll be part of an EU army. That's BS to start with but apart from that, Irish soldiers have been serving with the UN all over the world and nobody bats an eyelid about it but now it vote no or we'll have to contribute to an EU army.......
    Not as much BS as you think.
    This is different from the UN missions.

The new military clauses in the Lisbon treaty include......

Article 28A(c)3 (TEU) “member states shall undertake progressively to improve their military capabilities.”

This is in black and white here, Member states including Ireland must keep improving their military capabilities, ie more weapons, etc. For what ?? Thats what the next part explains

Title V, Solidarity Clause, Article 188R, Page 132 Lisbon Treaty.
    1. The Union and its Member States shall act jointly in a spirit of solidarity if a Member State is the object of a terrorist attack or the victim of a natural or man-made disaster. The Union shall mobilise all the instruments at its disposal, including the military resources made available by the Member States, to:
    (a) – prevent the terrorist threat in the territory of the Member States;
    – protect democratic institutions and the civilian population from any terrorist attack;
    – assist a Member State in its territory, at the request of its political authorities, in the event of a terrorist attack;
    (b) assist a Member State in its territory, at the request of its political authorities, in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
    2. Should a Member State be the object of a terrorist attack or the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, the other Member States shall assist it at the request of its political authorities. To that end, the Member States shall coordinate between themselves in the Council.

Terrorist attack ?? Man-made disaster ?
    A bomb goes off somewhere and you need the armies of 27 nations to go in get a grip here.

When Georgia was invaded by Russia last year the president of Georgia likened it to a terrorist attack, Is this the REAL ultimate goal, to have a pan European army ready to stand up to another massive standing army in this case Russia ?

Blog Entries

Default I know there's a difference Smarty.........

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Not as much BS as you think.
    This is different from the UN missions.

The new military clauses in the Lisbon treaty include......

Article 28A(c)3 (TEU) “member states shall undertake progressively to improve their military capabilities.”

This is in black and white here, Member states including Ireland must keep improving their military capabilities, ie more weapons, etc. For what ?? Thats what the next part explains

Title V, Solidarity Clause, Article 188R, Page 132 Lisbon Treaty.
    1. The Union and its Member States shall act jointly in a spirit of solidarity if a Member State is the object of a terrorist attack or the victim of a natural or man-made disaster. The Union shall mobilise all the instruments at its disposal, including the military resources made available by the Member States, to:
    (a) – prevent the terrorist threat in the territory of the Member States;
    – protect democratic institutions and the civilian population from any terrorist attack;
    – assist a Member State in its territory, at the request of its political authorities, in the event of a terrorist attack;
    (b) assist a Member State in its territory, at the request of its political authorities, in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
    2. Should a Member State be the object of a terrorist attack or the victim of a natural or man-made disaster, the other Member States shall assist it at the request of its political authorities. To that end, the Member States shall coordinate between themselves in the Council.

Terrorist attack ?? Man-made disaster ?
    A bomb goes off somewhere and you need the armies of 27 nations to go in get a grip here.

When Georgia was invaded by Russia last year the president of Georgia likened it to a terrorist attack, Is this the REAL ultimate goal, to have a pan European army ready to stand up to another massive standing army in this case Russia ?
    In fact I think this could be a good thing, this funding will probably come directally from Europe. The chances of us ever being called on to help another member state are very small but we will probably get funding for equipment etc to prepare for this.......

Piggi, I couldn't agree more......... national service should be compulsory.......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456