Thread: Corrupt YES to Lisbon campaign

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Smarty, I also see your point........

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Luther, while I see your point.

My opinion is as follows, yes it took 800 years and a lot of bloodshed to get the British out but we have had a silent invasion by the EU.

Under EU law it is illegal to give a job to an Irishman in this country ahead of any other citizen in the EU. Therefore a Pole who has had no family connection with Ireland can come to Ireland and take up a Job ahead of an Irish person.
    And in practice what has happened is that a young foreign person who is willing to work every hour god sends, for a lesser rate than his Irish counterpart.

The Irish person may be middle aged and have a family to support here. They need a minimum amount of income to survive, they cannot compete with the younger foreigner who is prepared to share an apartment for 2 to 3 years with another 10 people save every penny and return to Warsaw or whereever and buy a gaff mortage free for 40 to 50K with what they have saved in Ireland.
    Meanwhile the Irish guy ends up on the dole.

You would wonder what the 1916 heros gave their precious life for
    But in fairness, we're not being invaded by Europe, we chose to become part of a community........and were damn glad of it at times........

Now of course I see your points about jobs etc. but we can't pick and choose which parts we like and don't like and at which times it suits us....... it's a package deal.........

It's not the taking the jobs that worries me so much, it's the fraudulent availing of the benefits.....

Like it of not, that were here to fill a gap in the employment sector that some, not all, but some Irish people were to lazy or snobby to do.......... they felt it was beneath them......... I've seen this first hand.......

The Irish filled this gap in many countries around the world, both legally and illegally........

It's now come back to bite many in the ass........

Of course it's not the ideal situation, and of course employers would like to support it's own country men, will all due respect to non nationals employed here, but what are they to do??? Replace the non national with an Irish person that wouldn't take the job a few years ago???

Anyway Smarty, I do see your points...........oh for an ideal world...........

But I'm not debating the yes/no thing, but I think it was wrong to use 1916 as a tactic........that's all......
    Last edited by luther; 21-09-09 at 19:12.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L