Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt YES to Lisbon campaign

Reviews

It has to be NO. Ireland is not there to be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by espensen View Post
    It has to be NO. Ireland is not there to be bought.
    What the hell is wrong with being bought. We all have our price.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Luther, while I see your point.

My opinion is as follows, yes it took 800 years and a lot of bloodshed to get the British out but we have had a silent invasion by the EU.

Under EU law it is illegal to give a job to an Irishman in this country ahead of any other citizen in the EU. Therefore a Pole who has had no family connection with Ireland can come to Ireland and take up a Job ahead of an Irish person.
    And in practice what has happened is that a young foreign person who is willing to work every hour god sends, for a lesser rate than his Irish counterpart.

The Irish person may be middle aged and have a family to support here. They need a minimum amount of income to survive, they cannot compete with the younger foreigner who is prepared to share an apartment for 2 to 3 years with another 10 people save every penny and return to Warsaw or whereever and buy a gaff mortage free for 40 to 50K with what they have saved in Ireland.
    Meanwhile the Irish guy ends up on the dole.

You would wonder what the 1916 heros gave their precious life for
    The Pole coming to Ireland for work and to better his standard of living is no different to the Irish person going to Britain, North America, Australia, New Zealand etc. for similar reasons. We did it for generations stretching back to before the famine even.

Does anybody wish to contemplate what this island would look like now if we had'nt had the safety valve of emigration available to us.

On the other hand, with 40 to 50 million squashed onto this island, there would have been no need for 1916...........we would have invaded the neighbouring island long ago. Just imagine, if you will, HM The Queen presenting the Sam Maguire Cup in front of 100,000 fans in Wembley Stadium and speaking in a broad Kerry accent.

Tiocfaidh ar la.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 21-09-09 at 14:08. Reason: F**k, I can't the fadas to work.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Luther, while I see your point.

My opinion is as follows, yes it took 800 years and a lot of bloodshed to get the British out but we have had a silent invasion by the EU.

Under EU law it is illegal to give a job to an Irishman in this country ahead of any other citizen in the EU. Therefore a Pole who has had no family connection with Ireland can come to Ireland and take up a Job ahead of an Irish person.
    And in practice what has happened is that a young foreign person who is willing to work every hour god sends, for a lesser rate than his Irish counterpart.

The Irish person may be middle aged and have a family to support here. They need a minimum amount of income to survive, they cannot compete with the younger foreigner who is prepared to share an apartment for 2 to 3 years with another 10 people save every penny and return to Warsaw or whereever and buy a gaff mortage free for 40 to 50K with what they have saved in Ireland.
    Meanwhile the Irish guy ends up on the dole.

You would wonder what the 1916 heros gave their precious life for
    disturbing but excellent post Ireland has simply lost its identity...

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    disturbing but excellent post Ireland has simply lost its identity...
    why we ever left the commonwealth is beyond me.

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    The Pole coming to Ireland for work and to better his standard of living is no different to the Irish person going to Britain, North America, Australia, New Zealand etc. for similar reasons. We did it for generations stretching back to before the famine even.

Does anybody wish to contemplate what this island would look like now if we had'nt had the safety valve of emigration available to us.

On the other hand, with 40 to 50 million squashed onto this island, there would have been no need for 1916...........we would have invaded the neighbouring island long ago. Just imagine, if you will, HM The Queen presenting the Sam Maguire Cup in front of 100,000 fans in Wembley Stadium and speaking in a broad Kerry accent.

Tiocfaidh ar la.
    i was at the Airport last night to meet someone there.It was a late flight and several flighhts came in.We had flights from all around relly but all were quiet except one,from Poland.It was packed.Lots of ppl came to meet the ppl that arrived and they arrived with a bag or so and small ones at that.The got the impression they were just coming back after being home for the weekend,back to continue to claim welfare,just back from buying cheap stuff back home.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    i was at the Airport last night to meet someone there.It was a late flight and several flighhts came in.We had flights from all around relly but all were quiet except one,from Poland.It was packed.Lots of ppl came to meet the ppl that arrived and they arrived with a bag or so and small ones at that.The got the impression they were just coming back after being home for the weekend,back to continue to claim welfare,just back from buying cheap stuff back home.

Westside.
    And no doubt there were tearful scenes in Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw,Bydgoszcz and Gdansk airports as parents said goodbye to their sons and daughters.

I remember RTE in their news programs showing similar scenes from Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Knock airports in the 1980s and 1990s.

Lest we forget brothers and sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    And no doubt there were tearful scenes in Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw,Bydgoszcz and Gdansk airports as parents said goodbye to their sons and daughters.

I remember RTE in their news programs showing similar scenes from Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Knock airports in the 1980s and 1990s.

Lest we forget brothers and sisters.
    Thats the sort of rational analysis that leads to trouble. Whatever happened to personal abuse.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

Westside.
    Yep a friend who has a few shops employing almost 100% Polish told me this has been going on for 2yrs
    the Polish freely admit this to him they all have a flyer too ''how to screw your employer in Ireland'' cheap flights over there to work back here to sign on theres been a big clampdown recently too late eh?
    telling it like it is

Blog Entries

I'm a bit wary of anything that The Libertas founder supports-supposely he's a known, nasty, dodgy con-artist-asK any Albanian about the Pyramid scheme that leveled Albanian back in the 80's-the country's people and governemnt with backrurpt as a result of buying stocks in a company he
    headed.

Since he's saying NO, I'd vote YES

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast