Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt YES to Lisbon campaign

Blog Entries

Default Sorry Kieree.........

Quote Originally Posted by kieree View Post
    It took nearly 1000 years to gain independence and 90 to fuck it away
    But that's scare tactics by the no camp........

Lisbon has nothing to do with our independence.......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default And infact it's the lowest tactic I've seen by any side yet......

To use Irish patriots to try and influence a vote about Lisbon is an absolute disgrace.........

Give people the facts, provide them with the information and then let them decide........
    L

Blog Entries

Default Actually it isnt really

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    But that's scare tactics by the no camp........

Lisbon has nothing to do with our independence.......
    According to lisbon we strengthen our voice in EU but we actually lose independance because we will have such a small say in EU.In other words we will have a stronger voice in EU but at the expense of controlling our own affairs.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default What?

To use Irish patriots to try and influence a vote about Lisbon is an absolute disgrace.........

Give people the facts, provide them with the information and then let them decide........
    Luther?The gov gave the facts to the ppl and the ppl did decide and voted NO.The lowest scare tactic of all is a statement followed by silence.

We need Europe?Well someoen tell us why.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default And what has any of this got to do with out independence???

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    According to lisbon we strengthen our voice in EU but we actually lose independance because we will have such a small say in EU.In other words we will have a stronger voice in EU but at the expense of controlling our own affairs.

Westside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Luther?The gov gave the facts to the ppl and the ppl did decide and voted NO.The lowest scare tactic of all is a statement followed by silence.

We need Europe?Well someoen tell us why.

Westside.
    Our independence that as Kieree says took us almost 1000 years to gain was gained from Britain........

Nothing to do with Lisbon.........

And West, I'm not saying that we should vote on this again. I've made it clear before that I don't this should be happening...........

What I don't agree with is using the memory of the patriots of 1916 to gain a vote in either direction. Employing that the martyrs would be turning in their graves having given their lives in the countries struggle for independence and to saying a yes vote would be throwing it away.......

That BS of the highest order........

I'm not saying people should vote in either direction but it has nothing to do with the 1916 rising.....
    L

Blog Entries

Default This is what I'm talking about..........

L

Reviews

Default For what it's worth.

Where ever there are politics there will be lies. That we can count on.
    To much scare tactics and not enough facts on both sides.

Sadly this goverment has shown nothing but contempt for the people of this Country by not abiding by our desion first time around.
    ”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

Reviews

Our independence that as Kieree says took us almost 1000 years to gain was gained from Britain........

Nothing to do with Lisbon.........

And West, I'm not saying that we should vote on this again. I've made it clear before that I don't this should be happening...........

What I don't agree with is using the memory of the patriots of 1916 to gain a vote in either direction. Employing that the martyrs would be turning in their graves having given their lives in the countries struggle for independence and to saying a yes vote would be throwing it away.......

That BS of the highest order........

I'm not saying people should vote in either direction but it has nothing to do with the 1916 rising.....
    Luther, while I see your point.

My opinion is as follows, yes it took 800 years and a lot of bloodshed to get the British out but we have had a silent invasion by the EU.

Under EU law it is illegal to give a job to an Irishman in this country ahead of any other citizen in the EU. Therefore a Pole who has had no family connection with Ireland can come to Ireland and take up a Job ahead of an Irish person.
    And in practice what has happened is that a young foreign person who is willing to work every hour god sends, for a lesser rate than his Irish counterpart.

The Irish person may be middle aged and have a family to support here. They need a minimum amount of income to survive, they cannot compete with the younger foreigner who is prepared to share an apartment for 2 to 3 years with another 10 people save every penny and return to Warsaw or whereever and buy a gaff mortage free for 40 to 50K with what they have saved in Ireland.
    Meanwhile the Irish guy ends up on the dole.

You would wonder what the 1916 heros gave their precious life for

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by *Superman View Post
    Nothing about the lies from the NO side I notice. Coir (whoever they are) would have us believe that the minimum wage could drop to €1.84 if the Lisbon Treaty is passed. UTTER BULLSHIT. There is nothing in the Lisbon Treaty to force any Government to set a rate for the minimum wage. This is just one of the many lies being perpetrated by the NO side.

And incidentally, what were the UKIP doing over here during the week so?. If you slag off the President of the European Commission for interfering, surely to be consistent you should condemn the UKIP for interfering too?????
    Unless you have been asleep for the last 2 years you will have noticed that a lot of our jobs have been moving overseas, its a no brainer that the minimum wage here will be reduced, as Ireland needs to compete with the cheaper EU economies this will reduce even further.

A least Coir is a bunch of Irish people.

On the yes camp we have Pat Cox a former passanger of the EU gravy train and current employed by big business as a lobbiest, we also have an American company Intel plouging cash into the yes campaign. Also IBEC. Heres a funny thing RTE is a member of IBEC yet it is supposed to be neutral on this issue.

As regards the UKIP party if you ever read any of their data it would give you a different angle on the EU and you would not see them as the all benificial organisation that the Yes camp would paint them out

Firstly the 1916 'martyrs' were a bunch of arrogant, romantic idiots.

Throw away our Independence. The Independence that gave us the chance to be ruled and represented and shafted by the likes of Haughey,Ahern - Lowry, Burke, P Flynn. Irishmen yes Good guys - no fucking way.

Throw away your nationalism boys - its the last vestige of racism that still exists.

I would gladly be ruled by martians if they could guarantee a job and a good health service. End of Story.

EU trying to buy our vote ? Good. Mine goes to the highest bidder.

Thers nothing worse than a misguided idealist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast