Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
People like that should be lined up and shot-they'll never be rehabilitated so what is the point of keeping them,'' at taxpayers expense'', locked up, hopefully painfully wasting away.

Now, I'm not for the death penalty, but some cases where it can be shown beyond a responsible doubt that 'such and such; is responsible for the callous disregard for someone's health, safety and well-being should be taken out.

He'll be maybe 55 years old when he gets out-no good to society, too institutionalized to function in a normal society, if there's such a place by then.

I've a strong feeling that in coming decades, this, wasting money, keeping beyond ever being rehabilitated crinimals, in prisons is something society is going to have to seriously deal with. What is the point of throwing good money after bad?

And, I bet this wasn't the only offence this person has committed

Mr Justice Hart said the ‘exceptional brutality’ of the crime, coupled with Harvey's violent criminal record and a pre-sentence report, indicated that he posed a ‘serious risk of harm to the public’.