Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lisbon Re-Run - Same Shit Different Day:

Blog Entries

Default This is done in every election Luther

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    This vote shouldn't even be going ahead, it looks like they are just doing it again to have another shot at getting the result that want, but I hear so many people lately saying they're only voting no to piss off the government, I'm not saying vote yes or no, but whichever people decide, make an informed decision and vote for the right reason..........
    Take the local elections of June last.I rather be not represented at all than be represented by the choices there to me but i went and voted against the gov parties because i was unhappy with their record.

Those going to vote No to piss the gov off are doing so because the gov have pissed them off.Thats obvious enough.

Anyone who has voted NO the last time and changes their mind and votes Yes this time has no self respect.

Westside.

PS it would be like me stealing your lunch and then asking you for a loan to get the bus home.Doesnt work like that.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 13-09-09 at 21:06.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I believe the No camp before the Yes camp besides the YEs camp have insulted the rights of the No voters of the last Lisbon referendum.

Maybe both are using scare tactics.The immigrants are getting a better deal from the EU than Irish ppl are.Also the gov have a proven track of telling lies as evident in all of the false statements that have being made lately.Also they have a proven track of being unsure of themselves lately so why be so sure of Lisbon?

The very fact that in the cirrent economic crisis they are spending a fortune of tax payers money and putting the EU before our financial problems is proof that Europe comes first in their eyes.

As for Labour and FG.they are the best of the worst.Time for a SinnFein gov or at least a Sinn Fein coalition.

Westside.
    Well in fairness if we have a Sinn Fein goverment we are finished, they dont have any policies
    except disagree with everything anyone else says. During the last election Gerry Adams was
    totaly at sea in any debate about the finances,that was plain for anyone to see.Any policies
    they had they had absolutely no costing for anything and when pressed on that just fudged
    and said they would be avaliable later .We never saw them. Time has moved on im as patriotic
    as anyone but Sinn Feinn keep harping on about the past and some of the NO posters going back to
    1916 really has no relevance, argue ure case on the merits of the issue not the past
    Also i see Ganley has become involved again after saying he was finished, and in fairness
    u cant have one rule for one and a different one for others and u really have to admit this guy
    is less than transparent in a climate which is what we are all demanding

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well in fairness if we have a Sinn Fein goverment we are finished, they dont have any policies
    except disagree with everything anyone else says. During the last election Gerry Adams was
    totaly at sea in any debate about the finances,that was plain for anyone to see.Any policies
    they had they had absolutely no costing for anything and when pressed on that just fudged
    and said they would be avaliable later .We never saw them. Time has moved on im as patriotic
    as anyone but Sinn Feinn keep harping on about the past and some of the NO posters going back to
    1916 really has no relevance, argue ure case on the merits of the issue not the past
    Also i see Ganley has become involved again after saying he was finished, and in fairness
    u cant have one rule for one and a different one for others and u really have to admit this guy
    is less than transparent in a climate which is what we are all demanding
    You make valid points there and i think that Adams reluctance to share power is going to keep his party down when it comes to forming a goverment coalition.Having said that the countries finances have to be taken out of Lenihan and Cowens hands.Its imperative that this happens.They are an absolute disaster.They are scary when it comes to how they are dealing with the issues at hand and they do not have the economical ability nor the intellegence to successfully deal with the current problems.We seriously need someone like Lee or Bruton who at least are qualified experts to deal with the problems.

Another thing about Lisbon.This gov are all for democracy yet they reject the NO voters democratic rights and have a rerun of a referendum again.These very same ppl tell us we are better with Lisbon???

dont think so,
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

You make valid points there and i think that Adams reluctance to share power is going to keep his party down when it comes to forming a goverment coalition.Having said that the countries finances have to be taken out of Lenihan and Cowens hands.Its imperative that this happens.They are an absolute disaster.They are scary when it comes to how they are dealing with the issues at hand and they do not have the economical ability nor the intellegence to successfully deal with the current problems.We seriously need someone like Lee or Bruton who at least are qualified experts to deal with the problems.

Another thing about Lisbon.This gov are all for democracy yet they reject the NO voters democratic rights and have a rerun of a referendum again.These very same ppl tell us we are better with Lisbon???

dont think so,
    Westside.
    I dont think the issue is about Democracy as we have revisited alot of issues divorce/abortion etc
    but the fact that it is being revisited so soon, but that being said alot of people have changed there mind the latest poll shows 63% yes 15% no and 22% undecided so i suppose u could argue
    that real democracy is being given the option to change ure mind

Blog Entries

Default Polls for lisbon are bullshit

I dont think the issue is about Democracy as we have revisited alot of issues divorce/abortion etc
    but the fact that it is being revisited so soon, but that being said alot of people have changed there mind the latest poll shows 63% yes 15% no and 22% undecided so i suppose u could argue
    that real democracy is being given the option to change ure mind
    I woouldnt believe a poll for a second.All the main parties want Lisbon through and its way too easy for a poll to be manipulated.I dont believe for a sec that the NO vote is at 15% to 63% for yes.Thats bullshit.The vast bulk of ppl that i hear speak of Lisbon have all said No.

Democracy is about choice but its also about ppls rights.The No voters of the last referendum had their rights of a fair referendum ignored.That is not democracy at all.

dont believe that poll,
    Westside.

If its a draw does it go to penalties ?

Blog Entries

Default Naw

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    If its a draw does it go to penalties ?
    We can have another referendum.Whats another few million of wasted money anyway besides as long as Europe is happy.

Thats the main thing,
    Westside

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default To Wait

I woouldnt believe a poll for a second.All the main parties want Lisbon through and its way too easy for a poll to be manipulated.I dont believe for a sec that the NO vote is at 15% to 63% for yes.Thats bullshit.The vast bulk of ppl that i hear speak of Lisbon have all said No.

Democracy is about choice but its also about ppls rights.The No voters of the last referendum had their rights of a fair referendum ignored.That is not democracy at all.

dont believe that poll,
    Westside.
    Well we havent that long to wait but i do believe it will be carried quiet easily,u said earlier that
    if people change their mind they have no self respect, does that mean so all the people that will
    change their mind and not vote Fianna Fail next general election have no self respect

Blog Entries

Default To be honest

,u said earlier that
    if people change their mind they have no self respect, does that mean so all the people that will
    change their mind and not vote Fianna Fail next general election have no self respect
    they dont nope.Anyone who changes their mind about Lisbon has given in to bullying and scare tactics.Anyone who votes FF in the next election,deserves the financial troubles which will undoubtedly lie ahead with an FF gov.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Likewise

they dont nope.Anyone who changes their mind about Lisbon has given in to bullying and scare tactics.Anyone who votes FF in the next election,deserves the financial troubles which will undoubtedly lie ahead with an FF gov.

Westside.
    Likewise u could use that argument for the NO campaign the first time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast