Thread: Time for a Spruce Up

1. Default Time for a Spruce Up

I'm sure that we are fairly safe in assuming that most owners / managers of places where massages are provided, regularly read the details on this forum.
    This is a great site for providing details, reviews and comments about providers and, punters should be using it a bit more.
    An issue that I've noticed more and more is the total lack of spend on towels, sheets, massage tables and on general hygiene.

One of the places that I regularly visit had a smelly towel on the massage table and when I mentioned it she apologised and, said that the washing machine was broken. I later called the owner of the salon and she said the washing machine was new but that the girl was too lazy to use it.
    At another location, the massage table is creaky and old and, the surface is torn and it appears that there is no intention to change it.

I know of one provider in Dublin who regularly upgrades her equipment and decorates the salons but she is rare however she gets my business when I'm in the capital.
    My observations of late are that prices have gone up (I know that rents have gone up too), there is not investment being made to facilities, little or no hygiene and, increased use of cheap sprays / deoderisers.
    Is it that places are just simply too busy and don't care - take it or leave it attitude or, are they gone so greedy that they want to take the money and run.

Most places that I go to, the girls are good at what they do and they are generally nice people, but we deserve a few comforts too.
    My list is as follows: mandatory hand-wash / hand sanitization point after entry, a good hook or nail for clothes, a solid chair to remove and put-on socks and shoes, a good solid massage bed / couch, clean towel / sheet covering the couch, clean cover on the little pillow, nice lighting, nice music and, a glass of water would be great before departing.

Would I pay more? Not Sure. But there are places that I go to regularly because they are better than normal and, there are other places that I've left because I didn't want to be transporting little creatures from one place to another.

So, it's summer time - give salons a bit of a spruce up folks and punters, if there is an improvement in your local - say so. And if not, ask to have improvements made - I will ....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lifestoogoodjim For This Useful Post:

claremorris (01-08-22)

Reviews

Very good and appropriate thread. I’m pretty new to the massage scene and I’ve only been to 5 or 6 different establishments. I have to say that 3 of them had most of what the OP has suggested. Mily who advertises on here has a disposable sheet, much like you’d see in your GP’s office, on both the massage table and pillow, Fangs place is spotless as is the salon on Broken Pen Street, clean fresh towel for shower and on the massage table. However the other few did leave a lot to be desired. One did the massage on a bed, the covers on which had probably not seen a washing machine for some time. The others were a bit grubby and I won’t be rushing back to them again.

Reviews

I would walk if I considered the place dirty. (Any itchy part afterwards would have me wondering if I picked up any bugs etc). Cleanliness applies in all walks of life.
    I agree Mily's place is clean as described. My favorite massage girl has a clean place similar setup as Milys. Have not been to the broken pen place but their setup would make me want to visit. Their manager was also a clean person in her previous setup.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

hairyhobbyjogger (01-08-22)

Quote Originally Posted by bigmango View Post
    I would walk if I considered the place dirty. (Any itchy part afterwards would have me wondering if I picked up any bugs etc). Cleanliness applies in all walks of life.
    I agree Mily's place is clean as described. My favorite massage girl has a clean place similar setup as Milys. Have not been to the broken pen place but their setup would make me want to visit. Their manager was also a clean person in her previous setup.
    Would it be alright to ask who your favourite massage girl is?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hairyhobbyjogger View Post
    Not allowed to say that on here - Waste of time saying it as my posts are deleted.

Gone are the days when Mods use to leave a post but edit out the offending bits.

• towels MUST washed on 60-90’ to be perfect clean!

• I chang the bedsheets after every single client ( pillowcase also )

• disinfect the bathroom after every single shower same MUST, fresh doormat and and and

Provide clean environment is part of the service!
    Sensual massage with Thai oil massage elements ★★★★★
    Upcoming tour updated:

Dublin24 & Cork

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jessicabp For This Useful Post:

Airbusdriver (03-08-22), claremorris (03-08-22), lol brb (03-08-22), Toolbox (03-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hairyhobbyjogger View Post
    PM (Personal Message) is the way to go. You get the information that cannot be put up here. And you get the information that wouldn't be put up here anyway.

If you need to find out how to do this just say so on here.