Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post
    It all depends on how you define a legend.

A Sportsman - Never

Gandhi, Galileo- they were legends

Alive today? perhaps Mandela and Chavez but thats about it apart from those involved in saving lives.

and Karin of course.

Mandela - dead right too BU- How could anyone but a Legend have married that nutter Winnie !!!!!

Blog Entries

Default A typical comparison on how easy it would be to mix up a real legend with a nonrunner

would be the following,

Padre Pio.A typical priest.Praying for everyone and doing very little beyond that.For all i know he got those wounds from holding up his local Boots store.

Mother Theresa.A woman who went out and made her home amonsgt the poor of Calcutta.Helping the sick and dying.Ensuring that they at least died with dignity if she couldnt save them.

There is absolutly no comparison in any shape or form between these two,yet its very easy to see how they both could be given equal legendary status.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    would be the following,

Padre Pio.A typical priest.Praying for everyone and doing very little beyond that.For all i know he got those wounds from holding up his local Boots store.

Mother Theresa.A woman who went out and made her home amonsgt the poor of Calcutta.Helping the sick and dying.Ensuring that they at least died with dignity if she couldnt save them.

There is absolutly no comparison in any shape or form between these two,yet its very easy to see how they both could be given equal legendary status.

Westside.
    so what your saying is that if padre pio and mother theresa had a race,padre pio would be quicker off the blocks but mother theresa has a better stride so she would pass pio out and win
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Blog Entries

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    so what your saying is that if padre pio and mother theresa had a race,padre pio would be quicker off the blocks but mother theresa has a better stride so she would pass pio out and win
    what im saying is for Padre to win the race hed have to trip her.Padre Pio.FFS I used to think he was the owner of an insurance company.You see him on the cornor of a load of car windscreens.Padre and his prayer.Just so you get home safely you know.You can watch Padre for inspiration instead of the shaggin road.Divine intervention maybe,maybe he will reach out and do a handbrake turn for you at the last second.

and todays news at six,

A man is miraclously recovering at the CUH today.He is said to be in a state of deep shock.Over to Charlie Brid who is at the scene.

Charlie ,what can you tell us?

Well Anne, it seems the man was driving home from his place of work when his car left the road and headed on to incoming traffic and towards a big red truck.We have unconfirmed reports of Padre Pio doing a handbrake turn for him.Back to you in the studio.

FFS
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default I must admit..........

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    would be the following,

Westside.
    I've never heard either described as a legend..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Default I knew a man with a funny nickname

Padre Pio !!

I knew a lad who had a similar accident with a nail gun. He had no sense of Humour whatsoever.

Just didnt see the humour in his nickname.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567