Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 3 Boxers in history

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    He fought who after his loss?Exactly shit.Bruno was useless.Hollyfield wanted to fight Tyson years before Tyson ever went to prison and the Tyson camp always came up with some bs not to fight him.

FFS he never recovered from the jail term?He grew up in the rough areas of Brooklyn ffs.He would easily recover from his jail term.It was the Buster knockout.He never recovered mentally from that.Physically yep but mentally nope and that in my mind is why he was never nor will be never in the same shoes as Robinson,Ali,Foreman,Norton,FRaizer etc.Tyson just had no heart.

Westside.
    your telling me that 3years in jail away from pro boxing wouldnt effect you,course it would,3 years away from any pro sport and its near impossible to get back to the same level.tyson and ali the two most well known names in boxing history.youngest ever world champ,youngest ever three divison world champ.a record that says 58fights 50wins 44by way of knockout,44 fuckin knockouts out of 58 fights,2 no contest and 6 losses all at the tail end of a dead career.the man is a legend.if you could ask any of the boxers you mentioned was tyson a legend there would only be one answer.i looked him up man,he fought every belt holder and contender there was to fight.dont get me wrong im not putting him in the same class as the likes of ali and robinson,but he is a boxing legend
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Reviews

Tyson fight before he was to fight holyfield and went to prison was against a olympic gold medal and pan american silver medal winner,doesnt sound like a nobody.he knocked him out in the first round.
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Blog Entries

Default Yes i am

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    your telling me that 3years in jail away from pro boxing wouldnt effect you,course it would,3 years away from any pro sport and its near impossible to get back to the same level.tyson and ali the two most well known names in boxing history.youngest ever world champ,youngest ever three divison world champ.a record that says 58fights 50wins 44by way of knockout,44 fuckin knockouts out of 58 fights,2 no contest and 6 losses all at the tail end of a dead career.the man is a legend.if you could ask any of the boxers you mentioned was tyson a legend there would only be one answer.i looked him up man,he fought every belt holder and contender there was to fight.dont get me wrong im not putting him in the same class as the likes of ali and robinson,but he is a boxing legend
    and Ali is proof of that.He had his boxing licence taken,came back and fought Fraizer and lost and not once did he loose his heart.He came back later to win the heayweight crown again.In fact he hammered Foreman (a man who would give Tyson a good run for his money) to a pulp in a few secs.Thats a legend,thats a real boxing champ.Incidently Ali fought far great calibre of opponents than Tyson ever did.Bruno,Douglas etc all with the exception of Hollyfield and James Bonecrusher Smith would be mediocre in comparison to some of Alis opponents.

Tyson isnt in the same class as Ali or Robinson because he isnt a legend like those two were.

Westside.

Reviews

I rathered the Bolt v Johnson debate. What's it to be next next week, Federer v Sampras? Woods v Nicklaus? Stirling Moss v Michael Schumacher
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

What about Rocky ? He came outta nowhere and beat Apollo Creed.

Aaaaaaaddddrrrriiiiiiiiaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeee !!!!!!!!

YouTube - ADRIANNNN

Did ye know that was Oven Ready Eddies first feature ?
    YouTube - Rocky 2 -- Chasing the Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I rathered the Bolt v Johnson debate. What's it to be next next week, Federer v Sampras? Woods v Nicklaus? Stirling Moss v Michael Schumacher
    I was thinking Picasso vs Gaugin.

Whatever it is I'm sure it will be entertaining shite. The same way you cant take your eyes off a car crash kinda entertaining.

Reviews

Default Best boxers ever

You cant beat these boxers
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Blog Entries

Default I'm here now HWM................

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    And you're all wrong..................

One had a longer stride/reach, but the other was more powerful/off the blocks..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    he fought Ezzard Charles.Charles actually killed a guy with a punch in the ring.Also the Queensbery rules (i think thats what they were called ) were in force.You could stand over your opponent and when one knee rises you can belt again.

Westside.
    Killing a guy dosent count for much in my book that probably just shows
    how unevenly matched they were this was quiet common in the early days of boxing.
    Well i think we both agree that is a pretty cheap shot in a sport as most fighters will
    automatically try to rise even if badly dazed and would be open to getting really badly hurt

Default Tyson?

Tyson was good for his era no question there but in reality there is an endless list of boxers who would of wiped the floor with Tyson.

For a start Foreman would have killed Tyson inside 5 rounds and Frazier would beaten him too.

There is isn't a heavyweight champion from after the 70's who would get into my all time top 10. Well except Foreman HAHAHA!

My Top Three

1. Muhammed Ali "The Greatest" No fighter who would have beaten Ali right before his boxing ban in 67
    2. "Suger" Ray Robinson
    3. "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler

My Top Six

4. "Smokin" Joe Frazier
    5. Rocky "The Rock from Brockton" Marciano
    6. Joe "Brown Bomber" Louis

Oh Yeah, Marciano also fought Jersey Joe Walcott who was a legend and Jersey Joe would of bashed Tyson too
    Last edited by Patch80; 26-08-09 at 19:23.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast