Thread: Lockerbie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

In my opinion it doesn't really make an earthly difference if they are released now they are at deaths door.....

Blog Entries

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    In my opinion it doesn't really make an earthly difference if they are released now they are at deaths door.....
    What about those ppl that this person killed?They didnt even have a choice.From someone who has lost both parents to cancer i say fuck him and his cancer.Let him die in jail.Lots of good ppl die from cancer and just because a guy like this get its ,it should be an excuse to let him out.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 22-08-09 at 21:27. Reason: Some people might take offence

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    What about those ppl that this person killed?They didnt even have a choice.From someone who has lost both parents to cancer i say fuck him and his cancer.Let him die in jail.Lots of good ppl die from cancer and just because a guy like this get its ,it should be an excuse to let him out..
    That's true, and I'm halfway down that road too. But you know the old saying - if everyone takes an eye for an eye, soon the whole world will be blind. I suppose compassionate release from jail on the grounds that this bloke will be dead in a couple of weeks gives us the chance to assume a moral superiority and show how enlightened we are, if that's indeed what we are.

Also, what about remorse, and dare I say it.... forgiveness?
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 22-08-09 at 21:28. Reason: Change in quotation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I suppose compassionate release from jail on the grounds that this bloke will be dead in a couple of weeks gives us the chance to assume a moral superiority and show how enlightened we are, if that's indeed what we are.
    I'd like to think that's the way people will see if, unfortunately it could backfire and they very people you wish to show that to may see the actions as actually weak and unable to stick to their convictions.

Or at least that's the way they could twist it.............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

If you believe in democracy freedom and justice then you give the benefits of that system to everyone including those who would try and destroy it.

You don't show and prove that these people are wrong by descending to their level and acting in the manner that they would. Really it would be a victory for those that detest democracy to allow him to die in prison where is the victory for them that the Scottish government have shown that they have compassion for all human beings even those that commit brutal murder.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries

Default You're right Stewie......

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    If you believe in democracy freedom and justice then you give the benefits of that system to everyone including those who would try and destroy it.

You don't show and prove that these people are wrong by descending to their level and acting in the manner that they would. Really it would be a victory for those that detest democracy to allow him to die in prison where is the victory for them that the Scottish government have shown that they have compassion for all human beings even those that commit brutal murder.
    And as mousey said, it's about taking the high moral ground, provided the people you are dealing with have morals, and they don't see compassion as weakness....... As I fear they may.........

This is not like Ronnie Biggs............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    And as mousey said, it's about taking the high moral ground, provided the people you are dealing with have morals, and they don't see compassion as weakness....... As I fear they may.........

This is not like Ronnie Biggs............
    Yeah I accept that the crime this guy has been convicted of is far more serious than what biggs was convicted of but I can't see how this could be viewed as weakness it would be far easier for the Scots to let him die where he is it is much more difficult to release him especially given the pressure from the US.

TBH I think there are other people who should be rotting in jail for this crime not just the guy at the bottom of the ladder it would be like jailing the guy who dropped bombs on Iraq while allowing those who sent him there to remain free.

Blog Entries

Default I get what your saying

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    That's true, and I'm halfway down that road too. But you know the old saying - if everyone takes an eye for an eye, soon the whole world will be blind. I suppose compassionate release from jail on the grounds that this bloke will be dead in a couple of weeks gives us the chance to assume a moral superiority and show how enlightened we are, if that's indeed what we are.

Also, what about remorse, and dare I say it.... forgiveness?
    but sometimes in life we have a choice.eitehr our own eye or the others eye.If these ppl and ppl like him show no compassion to victims and are left off just because they get sick then it will actually encourage the stuff.Do we know that any woman on that plane was pregnant?Do we know that anyone on that ppl was sick?

Im all for forgiveness and the like but im also all for calling a spade a spade and cunts like this deserve no respect in my eyes because they didnt do anything to get it.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    but sometimes in life we have a choice.eitehr our own eye or the others eye.If these ppl and ppl like him show no compassion to victims and are left off just because they get sick then it will actually encourage the stuff.Do we know that any woman on that plane was pregnant?Do we know that anyone on that ppl was sick?

Im all for forgiveness and the like but im also all for calling a spade a spade and cunts like this deserve no respect in my eyes because they didnt do anything to get it.

Westside.
    The guy is not just sick he is dying the medical opinion I believe is that he has less than 3 months to live how will keeping a man dying of cancer in jail for a few more weeks until he actually dies save anybodies eye.

While I agree that this crime was terrible if people are truly interested in justice then the people who sent him to do this are still in power and now on friendly terms with the UK and the US those people should be jailed let's not stop there couple of very well known UK and US citizens are guilty of mass murder as well let's get them locked up as well.

Blog Entries

Default Its open to debate i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    The guy is not just sick he is dying the medical opinion I believe is that he has less than 3 months to live how will keeping a man dying of cancer in jail for a few more weeks until he actually dies save anybodies eye.

While I agree that this crime was terrible if people are truly interested in justice then the people who sent him to do this are still in power and now on friendly terms with the UK and the US those people should be jailed let's not stop there couple of very well known UK and US citizens are guilty of mass murder as well let's get them locked up as well.
    but personnally i wouldnt give him a day of freedom for what he did.Its just a personal opinion.In fact i would have him put to death so he wouldnt even be after spending the time in jail.Im sorry and nobody can throw this back at me because i have post both parents to cancer but cancer is no excuse for allowing an animal like this out even for a brief period.Do we allow child killers and child molesters out so?

The second part of your post i agree with but the thing is the prepertrator is as guilty as those who masterminded it because he had the power to say no or to keep out of it.He choose not to and went ahead and killed innocent ppl.In fact its those ppl you speak about are the ones he shpould have aimed his vengence on.

Westside.