Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockerbie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post
    My Dear Boy Luther,

Do you realise that by midnight this evening you should probably the most prolific poster in EI history.

Well Done.
    Thank you Benny............

How sad.................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    In my opinion it doesn't really make an earthly difference if they are released now they are at deaths door.....
    What about those ppl that this person killed?They didnt even have a choice.From someone who has lost both parents to cancer i say fuck him and his cancer.Let him die in jail.Lots of good ppl die from cancer and just because a guy like this get its ,it should be an excuse to let him out.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 22-08-09 at 21:27. Reason: Some people might take offence

Blog Entries

Default Whats the last thing that would go through your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    You don't fall screaming to your death from 31,000 feet - if the terror of being exposed to the open sky doesn't make you pass out, the lack of oxygen in the air at that altitude will, and you'll die of asphyxia before you hit the ground. Not that it ever erases the tragedy of such an event.
    Your arse,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    What about those ppl that this person killed?They didnt even have a choice.From someone who has lost both parents to cancer i say fuck him and his cancer.Let him die in jail.Lots of good ppl die from cancer and just because a guy like this get its ,it should be an excuse to let him out..
    That's true, and I'm halfway down that road too. But you know the old saying - if everyone takes an eye for an eye, soon the whole world will be blind. I suppose compassionate release from jail on the grounds that this bloke will be dead in a couple of weeks gives us the chance to assume a moral superiority and show how enlightened we are, if that's indeed what we are.

Also, what about remorse, and dare I say it.... forgiveness?
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 22-08-09 at 21:28. Reason: Change in quotation.

Blog Entries

I suppose compassionate release from jail on the grounds that this bloke will be dead in a couple of weeks gives us the chance to assume a moral superiority and show how enlightened we are, if that's indeed what we are.
    I'd like to think that's the way people will see if, unfortunately it could backfire and they very people you wish to show that to may see the actions as actually weak and unable to stick to their convictions.

Or at least that's the way they could twist it.............
    L

Reviews

If you believe in democracy freedom and justice then you give the benefits of that system to everyone including those who would try and destroy it.

You don't show and prove that these people are wrong by descending to their level and acting in the manner that they would. Really it would be a victory for those that detest democracy to allow him to die in prison where is the victory for them that the Scottish government have shown that they have compassion for all human beings even those that commit brutal murder.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries

Default You're right Stewie......

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    If you believe in democracy freedom and justice then you give the benefits of that system to everyone including those who would try and destroy it.

You don't show and prove that these people are wrong by descending to their level and acting in the manner that they would. Really it would be a victory for those that detest democracy to allow him to die in prison where is the victory for them that the Scottish government have shown that they have compassion for all human beings even those that commit brutal murder.
    And as mousey said, it's about taking the high moral ground, provided the people you are dealing with have morals, and they don't see compassion as weakness....... As I fear they may.........

This is not like Ronnie Biggs............
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    And as mousey said, it's about taking the high moral ground, provided the people you are dealing with have morals, and they don't see compassion as weakness....... As I fear they may.........

This is not like Ronnie Biggs............
    Yeah I accept that the crime this guy has been convicted of is far more serious than what biggs was convicted of but I can't see how this could be viewed as weakness it would be far easier for the Scots to let him die where he is it is much more difficult to release him especially given the pressure from the US.

TBH I think there are other people who should be rotting in jail for this crime not just the guy at the bottom of the ladder it would be like jailing the guy who dropped bombs on Iraq while allowing those who sent him there to remain free.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Reviews

Firstly let me state that my sympathies are very much with the families of the bereaved in the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing over Lockerbie on Dec. 21, 1988.

However We would be a bit naive to believe the "official" US and UK version of events.

Don't forget these are the two countries who told us they needed to invade Iraq because they had weapons of mass destruction at their disposal !!!

Also we Irish know a thing or two about British "justice" when you look at miscarriages of justice like the Guilford four (The Woolwich and Guildford pub-bomb cases).

Basically when an act of terror is committed, public opinion demands that a scalp is found to pay for the atrocity, security forces are under enormous pressure to come up with a name or names quickly, hence step in Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi as the scalp for the Lockerbie bombing

Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi has claimed his innocence from the start, most Arab terrorists are proud of their handiwork and are not afraid to admit it. All the evidence to convict him came from the CIA. If you look at the internet there are many counter theories.

One involves a revenge attack by Iran for the American Navy shooting down an Iranian civilian flight on Sunday July 3, 1988 just 5 months before Lockerbie killing 290 people including 66 children. Of course all that was neatly brushed under the carpet.
    No one served time for that atrocity in fact after the tour of the warship the crew were awarded Combat Action Ribbons and the captain received the Legion of Merit !!!
    The US Paid 60Million compo but has never apologised to Iran.
    Talk about double standards.

No personally I think Mr Megrahi was simply a patsy sent by Libya to end the UN sanctions. This meant that
    (1) Joe public could be appeased that the "bad"' guy had been found and doing time.
    (2) Libya could import freely and
    (3) Uncle Sam could once again get Libyan oil.
    I would speculate that for agreeing to be the fall guy his family would be taken care of by
    good old Colonel Gaddafi.

Call me a cynic but nothing in this life is black and white. And this case stinks.
    It would be nearly impossible for one guy to blow up an aircraft without a large support behind him.
    Why is there only one guy doing time for this ?

Blog Entries

Default I get what your saying

That's true, and I'm halfway down that road too. But you know the old saying - if everyone takes an eye for an eye, soon the whole world will be blind. I suppose compassionate release from jail on the grounds that this bloke will be dead in a couple of weeks gives us the chance to assume a moral superiority and show how enlightened we are, if that's indeed what we are.

Also, what about remorse, and dare I say it.... forgiveness?
    but sometimes in life we have a choice.eitehr our own eye or the others eye.If these ppl and ppl like him show no compassion to victims and are left off just because they get sick then it will actually encourage the stuff.Do we know that any woman on that plane was pregnant?Do we know that anyone on that ppl was sick?

Im all for forgiveness and the like but im also all for calling a spade a spade and cunts like this deserve no respect in my eyes because they didnt do anything to get it.

Westside.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast