Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 9.58

Blog Entries

Default Not really

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    While training is a factor in lung capacity, it is not the only thing..........

Genetice are involved here.............
    and heres why.I have very big lungs that can expand alot.My old man had the same.Neither of us were born with them.We got them from swimming.I can swim a full length under water ,not sure what he could do under water but it was farther again.So while genetics are involved to some degree they are used as an excuse by ppl who are too lazy or dont have the self belief to realise that what they are doing will work.

The difference between say Armstrong and the average cyclist is the avergae guy is dying with a hangover on Sun morning whereas Armstrong is on his bike at the break of dawn because he didnt drink the night before because he knew he had training to do on Sunday.The average guy looks around for majic formulas whereas Armstrong trains his balls off.the average guy buys his breakfast roll and eats his cookies while Armstrong watches his diet and makes sure he is getting enough calories,protein and carbs.Both have a pair of legs and a bike with two wheels.

Its like Ali.Do you really think he would beat foreman or Liston (both who were stronger and more powerful boxers) if he thought "hey they have better genetics than me.Hardly.Instead he hit the bag hard ,trained his arse off and won.

hard work and self belief.
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 19-08-09 at 15:41.

Blog Entries

Default I agree........

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Go out to the back or somewhere and run fast concentrating on your stride then stcik your feet up against the wall or gate or similar and try to blast yourself off it.Come back and tell me which is harder to perfect.

the difference is the start is a part that has to be built up and worked on whereas the stride is genetic although it could be improved.The stride is something that happens when your in motion whereas the kick off the blocks is explosiveness that is built and sprinting is an explosive sport.

Westside.
    That's why I'm confused why you think Johnson would beat Bolt........

If Bolt already has a great stride, and the start is something that can be improved then surely by that logic Bolt would win given that he could improve his start........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Again I agree..........

and heres why.I have very big lungs that can expand alot.My old man had the same.Neither of us were born with them.We got them from swimming.I can swim a full length under water ,not sure what he could do under water but it was farther again.So while genetics are involved to some degree they are used as an excuse by ppl who are too lazy or dont have the self belief to realise that what they are doing will work.
    And that's what I'm saying....... it's not all about training, genetics are involved to some degree, of course training it a very large part of it, but some people, due to genetics will have a limited lung capacity, training will improve it, but no matter how much training they do, and it's not an excuse, they are still limited by genetics.....

A guy who is 5 ft 6 inches can train all he wants, can have the best attitude towards what he's doing and bust his ass doing it, but chances are, he probably will never be a world class basketball player........

That's genetics............
    L

Blog Entries

Default Well

That's why I'm confused why you think Johnson would beat Bolt........

If Bolt already has a great stride, and the start is something that can be improved then surely by that logic Bolt would win given that he could improve his start........
    if Bolt ever developes Johnsons start he will do a 9.4 no probs.I keep going on about Johnson because i dont think anyone came close to him as far as starting goes.

I never said johnson would beat Bolt,i said he was a better sprinter,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Well

And that's what I'm saying....... it's not all about training, genetics are involved to some degree, of course training it a very large part of it, but some people, due to genetics will have a limited lung capacity, training will improve it, but no matter how much training they do, and it's not an excuse, they are still limited by genetics.....

A guy who is 5 ft 6 inches can train all he wants, can have the best attitude towards what he's doing and bust his ass doing it, but chances are, he probably will never be a world class basketball player........

That's genetics............
    As far as sprint training goes the big issue would be CNS (central nervous system) recovery.If the CNS gets fried it needs rest before its fine again.Sprinting is very CNS intensive.

If the 5-6 guy never belives it and listens yo your comment he might as well go and watch a movie.A champions attitude would be "the hell with Luther and his comments".

thoust believth,thoust receivth,
    Westside.

Default I dont believe in If anymore - If's an illusion

But if I was 3 inches taller with Ben Johnsons start and Usain Bolts stride and Lance Armstrongs lungs and Tysons speed and Ali's brain I would have been the greatest sprinter ever have a few Tour de France in me back pocket and beat the living shit out of Ali and Tyson and bite off Evanders entire ear and......

Ifs - Buts and Maybes.....If my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by alechoran View Post
    But if I was 3 inches taller with Ben Johnsons start and Usain Bolts stride and Lance Armstrongs lungs and Tysons speed and Ali's brain I would have been the greatest sprinter ever have a few Tour de France in me back pocket and beat the living shit out of Ali and Tyson and bite off Evanders entire ear and......

Ifs - Buts and Maybes.....If my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
    Exactly Alec u hit the nail on the head u have to work with what u were given and the fact is
    that Bolt was given more natural speed than Johnson and as luther said Bolt can improve his staart where as johnson couldnt do much about his top speed,what we are talking about here is technique
    above raw speed

Blog Entries

Default It's a great attitude.......

If the 5-6 guy never belives it and listens yo your comment he might as well go and watch a movie.A champions attitude would be "the hell with Luther and his comments".

Westside.
    But it still won't help that guy enough to be a champion............
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default yip

As far as sprint training goes the big issue would be CNS (central nervous system) recovery.If the CNS gets fried it needs rest before its fine again.Sprinting is very CNS intensive.

Westside.
    Yip he will receivth a shit load of dissapointment

Blog Entries

Default And why cant Johnson do much?

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Exactly Alec u hit the nail on the head u have to work with what u were given and the fact is
    that Bolt was given more natural speed than Johnson and as luther said Bolt can improve his staart where as johnson couldnt do much about his top speed,what we are talking about here is technique
    above raw speed
    because he cant make himself taller and get a stride like Bolts thats why.Stride is not technique.although Bolt undoubetdly does everything to maximise his times stride is leg length.I have never heard of a short legged long stride.Bolt could certainly imrove his start but its unlikey to ever be as good as Johnson.Why?Because Johnson is mor explosive.

Westside.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast