Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 9.58

Blog Entries

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
    dont think thats accurate,seen one of these a few years back.computer images of tyson fightin ali.who do you think won

tyson knocked ali out in the last round
    Tyson would never have beaten Ali,

(1) Ali would have screwed tysons head up beofre the fight
    (2) Ali would be too fast and too clever for Tyson
    (3) Ali ,despite what ppl said ,could actually take hard punches and he often did this by leaning back on the ropes and letting his opponent fla himself out.then when his opponent is exhausted he would open up with the best boxing stuff around.
    (4) Tyson was too weak minded.If he falls behind in the fight at all he is shagged.Thats why he could never beat Holyfield.In fact thats why the Tyson camp never gave Hollyfield a shot at tyson in his prime.The result would have being the same.

Tyson wouldnt have the power or stamina to knock Ali out in the last round,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Cant agree with u there westie the best person is always the one who performs the best not the one with the potential to perform the best nerves etc are an integral part of being the best , because if ure not right mentally being right physically dosent matter
    but in Bolts case its his stride that seperates him.There have being several better sprinters who would destroy his time if they had his stride.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 19-08-09 at 10:42.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    but in Bolts case its his stride that seperates him.There have being several better sprinters who would destroy his time if they had his stride.

Westside.
    Thats a totally pointless statment like saying Ali would be unbeatable if his
    reach was two inches longer because in theoryy what ure saying is a guy with a longer stride again
    should be faster again

Blog Entries

Default Its not pointless

Thats a totally pointless statment like saying Ali would be unbeatable if his
    reach was two inches longer because in theoryy what ure saying is a guy with a longer stride again
    should be faster again
    in fact its very relevent because sprinting is a straight line activity for the fastest time over a fixed distance.Not too m,any variables come into it.A guy either has his shit down or not.Its possible to have two guys,one with a huge stride that has 90% of the spronting explosiveness as the other,yet his stride makes up that 10%.Thats not improvement in sprinting ability or even a demonstration its a genetic advantage.The point is very relevent.

We could debate till the end of the earth.I stand over what i say based on knowledge that i have ,in that i sprint once per week myself (up hills).Its Bolts genetic stride that makes him gets these times,not neccessarily his sprinting power.Sprinting doesnt consist of many variables,you have initial starting power off the blocks,accelleration,stride and deceleration at the end.Which one do you think Bolt uses best?He is shit of the blocks,his accelleration is slightly above average,average at that level that is.What defines a good sprinter?Great starting power off the blocks and an great abililty to accerlerate.Stride doesnt ,its not something that can be imroved much unless your 6-5 and have extreamly long legs for that height.Then it enables you to make up for lack of power and acceleration.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westsidex View Post
    tyson would never have beaten ali,

(1) ali would have screwed tysons head up beofre the fight
    (2) ali would be too fast and too clever for tyson
    (3) ali ,despite what ppl said ,could actually take hard punches and he often did this by leaning back on the ropes and letting his opponent fla himself out.then when his opponent is exhausted he would open up with the best boxing stuff around.
    (4) tyson was too weak minded.if he falls behind in the fight at all he is shagged.thats why he could never beat holyfield.in fact thats why the tyson camp never gave hollyfield a shot at tyson in his prime.the result would have being the same.

Tyson wouldnt have the power or stamina to knock ali out in the last round,
    westside.
    thats exactly my point,these computer things are not accurate.i dont belive tyson would have beaten ali either and if he did he would have to knock him out inside the first few rounds because like you said ali got stronger into a fight tyson was always about an explosive start.nobody could knock ali out in the first couple of rounds
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Question

in fact its very relevent because sprinting is a straight line activity for the fastest time over a fixed distance.Not too m,any variables come into it.A guy either has his shit down or not.Its possible to have two guys,one with a huge stride that has 90% of the spronting explosiveness as the other,yet his stride makes up that 10%.Thats not improvement in sprinting ability or even a demonstration its a genetic advantage.The point is very relevent.

We could debate till the end of the earth.I stand over what i say based on knowledge that i have ,in that i sprint once per week myself (up hills).Its Bolts genetic stride that makes him gets these times,not neccessarily his sprinting power.Sprinting doesnt consist of many variables,you have initial starting power off the blocks,accelleration,stride and deceleration at the end.Which one do you think Bolt uses best?He is shit of the blocks,his accelleration is slightly above average,average at that level that is.What defines a good sprinter?Great starting power off the blocks and an great abililty to accerlerate.Stride doesnt ,its not something that can be imroved much unless your 6-5 and have extreamly long legs for that height.Then it enables you to make up for lack of power and acceleration.

Westside.
    A question so over what distance would johnson beat bolt.
    The genetic thing dosent carry any weight either as all sportspeople at that level are
    genetically superior to ordinary people .Their lung capacity for one is much greater
    this apparently is what made lance Armstrong what he is.Has a frightening lung capacity.
    u cannot just take any person and train them same diet etc and expect same results as
    another so its all down to genetics

Blog Entries

Default Well

A question so over what distance would johnson beat bolt.

Havnt a clue but all things being equal (which they arent) johnson would blow Bolt away.

The genetic thing dosent carry any weight either as all sportspeople at that level are
    genetically superior to ordinary people .

Nope ber.While some ppl have genetic advantages alot dont and get there because they make the training a priority in their lives and dont make or use excuses that the general public use and make.

Their lung capacity for one is much greater
    this apparently is what made lance Armstrong what he is.

And what gives the the lung capacity?Training.Armstrong was strong minded,far more than most.

u cannot just take any person and train them same diet etc and expect same results as
    another so its all down to genetics

While ppl have certain genetic advantages ,ppl that say its all down to genetics are only making excuses.What makes a frightening difference is a persons belief in themselevs.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Westside.
    And in Johnsons case it was his start.........

Isn't it bolts stride that makes him a better sprinter???

And I'm pretty sure, I'll have to check but I think, all sprinters would destroy him if they could run faster than him.........

You're saying Johnson would beat Bolt because he has a better start???

What's the difference in saying that Bolt would beat Johnson because he has a better stride???

Don't you mean Johnson would beat Bolt if he had Bolts stride???

Then what's the difference in saying that Bolt would beat Johnson if he had Johnsons start???

Fact of the matter is it was Johnsons start that was his strong point, and perhaps made him a winner and it's Bolts stride that is his strong point and perhaps what's making him a winner..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Not the only thing.......

Their lung capacity for one is much greater
    this apparently is what made lance Armstrong what he is.

And what gives the the lung capacity?Training.Armstrong was strong minded,far more than most.
    While training is a factor in lung capacity, it is not the only thing..........

Genetice are involved here.............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Ok

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    And in Johnsons case it was his start.........

Isn't it bolts stride that makes him a better sprinter???

And I'm pretty sure, I'll have to check but I think, all sprinters would destroy him if they could run faster than him.........

You're saying Johnson would beat Bolt because he has a better start???

What's the difference in saying that Bolt would beat Johnson because he has a better stride???

Don't you mean Johnson would beat Bolt if he had Bolts stride???

Then what's the difference in saying that Bolt would beat Johnson if he had Johnsons start???

Fact of the matter is it was Johnsons start that was his strong point, and perhaps made him a winner and it's Bolts stride that is his strong point and perhaps what's making him a winner..........
    Go out to the back or somewhere and run fast concentrating on your stride then stcik your feet up against the wall or gate or similar and try to blast yourself off it.Come back and tell me which is harder to perfect.

the difference is the start is a part that has to be built up and worked on whereas the stride is genetic although it could be improved.The stride is something that happens when your in motion whereas the kick off the blocks is explosiveness that is built and sprinting is an explosive sport.

Westside.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast