Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.58

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Flip side

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    what im saying is that Johnson doesnt have a great stride.He was a far more explosive man and a far better sprinter than Bolt.However speed is speed regardless of how it is acheived and Bolt deservedly holds the record now.

My 30mts logic was simply saying that in the 100 mts ,at this point in the race Johnson would be ahead of Bolt.Its only from the halfway mark onward is when Bolt turns great (his stride advantage) before this point isnt anything special.In other words at the 30mts mark of the 100mts Johnson would hammer Bolt.

Westside.
    Well the flip side of that is so that for the last 70 mtrs johnson was nothing special
    remember outside of anything johnsons time with drugs of 9.79 wouldnt even get him a medal now

Blog Entries

Default I put it to you this way

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well the flip side of that is so that for the last 70 mtrs johnson was nothing special
    remember outside of anything johnsons time with drugs of 9.79 wouldnt even get him a medal now
    if Bolt was as fast as johnson off the blocks we would be looking at less than 9.5 easily.What your saying about medals is correct but that what happens in most sports,things progress.I believe whats breaking these records for Bolt is not superior speed so much as superior stride.Im not knocking the guy because the clock is the clock but i do not believe he is the fastest man of all time on an all things being equal basis.Then again thing s never are equal.

Like comparing a whippet with a greyhound,
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Bit of research

Have done a bit of research they have broken it down to a 40yrd dash
    johnsons best was 4.37
    bolts best 4.35 so bolt is still faster at that

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Fastest

what do u use as a criteria for being the fastest man of all time? surely this would be the top speed
    that a human being can reach not the fastest start or finish.
    Bolt would leave johnson in his wake if that was the criteria.

Blog Entries

Default Possibly

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Have done a bit of research they have broken it down to a 40yrd dash
    johnsons best was 4.37
    bolts best 4.35 so bolt is still faster at that
    Take both their best times and compare those differences with the figures you give here.Also your forgetting the 6-5 to 5-10 advantage that Bolt has so stride even for 40 mts still makes a difference.I would love to see research on how powerful either one left the starting blocks at.I would be amazed if Bolt was faster.What i was saying in my previous post is that johnson is well ahead at this mark whereas bolt is nothign great.Its only as the race goes on and his stride advantage comes along that he clears the pack well.

Westside.

Reviews

Default Bolt schmolt !

As a humble Irish lad I just hate his cockiness.
    Christiano Ronaldo is in the same club. Give me Paul McGrath & his humility anyday.
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

Default On the radio today.........

It was suggested he could do a 9.4.............

If he gets to that I'd really have to wonder how much of it was natural ability, hard training etc. etc. and how much was chemical related.............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TheNads View Post
    As a humble Irish lad I just hate his cockiness.
    Christiano Ronaldo is in the same club. Give me Paul McGrath & his humility anyday.
    the cockiness is all part of it,as long as ur good enough to back.it adds to their appeal.bolt can back it,ronaldo can back it so its ok.if your into the second best sport in the world(boxing)you'll be familiar with pauli mallinaggi or the so called magic man.hes the cockiest fucker youll ever see,he won a few fights and hit the big time,started fightin good oppenents.lost to miguel cotto and got smashed by ricky hatton.now nobody has any time for him because he mouthed off sayin he will bash everyone and be a world champ.cocker fucker is hated by boxing fans
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

Blog Entries

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post

If he gets to that I'd really have to wonder how much of it was natural ability, hard training etc. etc. and how much was chemical related.............
    it would be acombination of all three but the real trick with chemical enhancement is recovery.He can train longer and harder and still recover whereas a natural sprinter would need more time to recover.Having said all that if he does manage 9.4 then it would more than likley be a strengthening of his weak point which is coming off the starting blocks.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Roger bannister

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post

Well u could say that when Roger Bannister broke 4 mins now college athletes are expected to do
    that easily so man is just evolving getting bigger stronger and better

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast