View Poll Results: Which to give up

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give up Alcohol

    9 45.00%
  • Give up Escorts

    11 55.00%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Alcohol or escorts

  1. #1

    Default Alcohol or escorts

    Quick one,

    im not sure how to start a poll as Im not great with the tech stuff, but I have two main vices and both bother me a tad and both are expensive


    I am looking for advice pls on which to drop

    I am quite well motivated so I hope I can


    Its drink or escorting

    Drink has many pro's .. Great craic, lose your worries, can sore a lady without paying for it!

    Drink has many cons, hangovers, hangovers, hangovers, stupid behaviour, affects your health, make a tit of yourself often.


    Escorting has many pro's.. gorgeous ladies, deeply held fantasies acted out, great action

    Escorting has many cons, cost, danger, hassle, guilt, law breaking (grey law I know!)

    I dont and wont keep up both (too much for me as I get older and the cash side too!)

    Can anyone advise?

    Anyone ever in similar boat?

    S Talker

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    I've added a poll for you based on your thread. If you want options changed let me know.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Some people find religion and give up their wicked and lustful ways for Jesus..........but not I, no I gave it all up for Uncle Arthur:

    Guinness Good Times - 90k



    Drink sensibly..........otherwise you might spill it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    limerick
    Posts
    3,241
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Some people find religion and give up their wicked and lustful ways for Jesus..........but not I, no I gave it all up for Uncle Arthur:

    Guinness Good Times - 90k



    Drink sensibly..........otherwise you might spill it.
    I Will remember u & all the sinners in church today....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wouldn't ya love to know!
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S Talker View Post
    Quick one,


    Can anyone advise?

    Anyone ever in similar boat?

    S Talker

    At the end of the day, noone except perhaps a close friend could advise you. Failing that, it's just a question of which of the two you prefer or which would you find it more difficult to give up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stranded in The Future
    Posts
    3,245
    Reviews
    44

    Default Say goodbye to Drink!

    Easy enough question for me to answer-- I don't drink alcohol at all, so no need for me to give-up on the ladies! Any money I'd probably be spending on drink, I guess you could say, goes towards my "punting fund", for lack of a better term!


    If it's just a matter feeling like you've got "too many" vices, I don't see a need to necessarily give-up one or the other; it can just be a matter of balancing them so you don't get carried away by either of them. If part of what's motivating you to ask other people's opinions on the matter is the financial cost, as you've said in your first post, then I guess that moderation is the key. No need to stop one or the other outright, but no need to go on getting langered 3 or 4 nights a week and seeing escorts several times a week as well (or at what ever frequency you've been doing either of these things). Just cut back on both to the point where you won't be too concerned with money issues, just stay inside your budget!

    It was a good thing that I was still young and didn't have loads of cash when I started seeing escorts, I'd have gone through all of my savings in the first week! It's just a matter of personal control, so just cut back a little on both things and stay with what you can reasonably afford, don't blow all your money on drink and ladies!


    Cable 87

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Depends on why each of them is used

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    Easy enough question for me to answer-- I don't drink alcohol at all, so no need for me to give-up on the ladies! Any money I'd probably be spending on drink, I guess you could say, goes towards my "punting fund", for lack of a better term!


    If it's just a matter feeling like you've got "too many" vices, I don't see a need to necessarily give-up one or the other; it can just be a matter of balancing them so you don't get carried away by either of them. If part of what's motivating you to ask other people's opinions on the matter is the financial cost, as you've said in your first post, then I guess that moderation is the key. No need to stop one or the other outright, but no need to go on getting langered 3 or 4 nights a week and seeing escorts several times a week as well (or at what ever frequency you've been doing either of these things). Just cut back on both to the point where you won't be too concerned with money issues, just stay inside your budget!

    It was a good thing that I was still young and didn't have loads of cash when I started seeing escorts, I'd have gone through all of my savings in the first week! It's just a matter of personal control, so just cut back a little on both things and stay with what you can reasonably afford, don't blow all your money on drink and ladies!


    Cable 87
    If either one is used because of lack of company or hobbies then giving up one will only feed the other and a person would be no better off for it.In this instance a person would be better off if they kept doing both.Thats all im saying because i think that this thread is a wind up.

    Westside.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    If either one is used because of lack of company or hobbies then giving up one will only feed the other and a person would be no better off for it.In this instance a person would be better off if they kept doing both.Thats all im saying because i think that this thread is a wind up.

    Westside.
    You could very well be right there Westie; in which case, if a person is that sad that they are spending all their time trying to wind others up, then they might be better off taking up drinking or punting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    How could anyone choose sex over drink ! Madness.

  10. #10

    Default Cheers Alec!

    Thanks for setting up the poll boys

    So far a boit of a lead opening up, I'm making up my mind tomorrow, soI have a final sip or two to look forward to tonight!

    Re the tossers at the bottom of this thread.. "wind up"

    Eh how and for what is this a windup?? twats!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •