Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brutal Irish Immigration acts

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post

She cried out "my son my son" and a guarda threw her up against the wall and put his hands on her throat and was almost choking her. Several other guards came in and tackled her on the floor. She developed bruises on her neck.
    It is a typically Irish approach to fudge the issue at point-of-entry and then behave in a heavy-handed and stupid fashion at the point-of-departure. Surely the simple solution is to process asylum claimants properly - for example, we should have NO asylum-seekers from Nigeria as it is not possible to get to Ireland from that country without passing through another country first. This first country is where they should be making their claim. This should all be sorted out in the first instance and those wrongly claiming asylum should be given a good meal and sent back to the country where they most recently came from. Simple. That would be fair, less expensive and would free up resources to deal with the claims of genuine asylum-seekers, who need all of the help and compassion we can afford to give.

As for the episode above - I grew up in a very working-class area and have experienced how the gardai treat the poor and powerless. To me the above story is very believable, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by piggi View Post

As for the episode above - I grew up in a very working-class area and have experienced how the gardai treat the poor and powerless. To me the above story is very believable, unfortunately.
    It's not only gardai . There is a huge lack of compassion in general amongst the human race. I'm more likely being surpriced by someones nice behaviour then by something like this case.

Well maybe compassion wasn't the right word. It's more like a lack of understanding and open mind.
    People are so full of themselves..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post

It's not only gardai . There is a huge lack of compassion in general amongst the human race...
    Yes - I think the world is becoming harsher. As all of our attempts to be "civilised" and impose a societal code of conduct fall apart the individual is increasingly feeling disconnected from the needs of others. A lot of people are in permanent self-defence mode.

Sad. But I'll always care for you, sweetie x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12