Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A question for Soccer fans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default A question for Soccer fans

    In the 1966 World Cup final England beat Germany with the final goal by Goeff Hurst a very controversial one.No i wasnt around in 1966 but i saw it time after time.The q.Was this a goal?Your opinion.

    I think it was more behind the line than not but it wasnt past the line either.

    YouTube - Geoff Hurst famous goal from 1966

    Westside.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    I think the rulebook says that the whole of the ball must be over the line. From that shot, I say no goal!

    However, it's another example of why FIFA should consider introducing a TV judge into the game, especially for important decisions like that one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I think the rulebook says that the whole of the ball must be over the line. From that shot, I say no goal!

    However, it's another example of why FIFA should consider introducing a TV judge into the game, especially for important decisions like that one.
    They barely had TVs back then

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ambiant
    Posts
    1,607

    Default No way was it a goal

    I am biased though mind you we made up for it by kicking there ass at wembley the following year.
    Then stealing there goalposts in 77, my old neighbour even had a bit of the wembley turf growing in his garden

    YouTube - The original crossbar challenge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Baile Atha Cliath
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    .............. it's another example of why FIFA should consider introducing a TV judge into the game, especially for important decisions like that one.
    You mean like Judge Judy only better looking

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,856
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Tiffs 2penneth

    HI

    ARE your sure it was the LAST goal that was controversial? because didnt the last goal hit the back of the net witch coined the frase



    "THE FANS ARE ON THE PITCH THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER ,IT IS NOW.

    Tiff ...xx

    " Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    10,066
    Blog Entries
    6
    Reviews
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyT View Post
    HI

    ARE your sure it was the LAST goal that was controversial? because didnt the last goal hit the back of the net witch coined the frase



    "THE FANS ARE ON THE PITCH THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER ,IT IS NOW.

    Tiff ...xx

    Thats right Tiff, it was the third goal that was controversial. I think it was over the line and, therefore, a goal as the reaction of a couple of the England players was to celebrate rather than try and put the rebound in. As far as I remember Roger Hunt was the nearest, and a bit of a goal poacher, so for him to not try and put the rebound in was unusual.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Yep i got it wrong

    i also got the score wrong thinking it ened 3-2 to England.In any event its whetehr it was goal is the issue.I dont think that it was.However i reckon England would have beaten Germany regardless as they were simply a way better team.

    Westside.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,282
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elle of Edinburgh View Post
    I am biased though mind you we made up for it by kicking there ass at wembley the following year.
    Then stealing there goalposts in 77, my old neighbour even had a bit of the wembley turf growing in his garden

    YouTube - The original crossbar challenge
    It was without question a brilliant goal.

    YouTube - I Vow to Thee, My Country
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •