Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: is this unfair

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    I wonder if Venus and Serena would have anything to comment on the matter. Did they get more abuse because of their physique, or because of the color of their skin? Should they have been forced to compete in men's categories?

As usual, topics tend to be a bit more complex once you scratch the surface a little below - he just changed his name because he couldn't cut it. As if it were as simple as that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....an-daily-cover

There is a real lack of understanding of trans issues in this thread, and suggesting trans only categories is frankly a nonsense. How exactly would that work? How many exist to create any meaningful events. If societies accept trans women, they are women. End of.
    Venus and Serena are women...why would they be forced to play on the men's side?
    I think it's a difficult situation here...what do you do? I think it has to be considered unfair for this to happen in women's sport though.
    I have nothing against anyone. It's a tricky thread and I'm outta here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    Venus and Serena are women...why would they be forced to play on the men's side?
    I think it's a difficult situation here...what do you do? I think it has to be considered unfair for this to happen in women's sport though.
    Perhaps it's unfair they weren't just born a lady. I'm sure the gold medal brings her little comfort in what I'm sure has been a challenging transition for her.

Reviews

So if Lia wanted to play tennis instead, and wasn't any stronger than Venus and Serena that would be ok for her to play as a woman? Where is the line drawn?

What about Martina Navratilova? The abuse she got as one of the pioneers of strength training in women's sports?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (22-03-22)

I meant it was hilarious in that this is allowed to happen these days and authorities don't have a clue how to deal with it because they are terrified of saying the wrong thing. It's a strange culture out there these days.

I enjoy women's sport and I think it is terrible that this is allowed...it isn't right.
    Read > >>

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    And a sad commentary on our civilization and society that instead of establishing

Own , Fair games for Trans people , society is held to gunpoint by the ‘sensitives’

and the ‘offended’ to bastardize Female Sports - that we have fought so Hard for

just so Girls could compete on College level too , have same ( or at least ‘similar’ )

funding as say Football / male Basketball programs have had for Decades .

It’s called Title IX ( ?? )

Now being peed away on back of reverse Discrimination . A Shame ! And So wrong !
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

oldfool (20-03-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    So if Lia wanted to play tennis instead, and wasn't any stronger than Venus and Serena that would be ok for her to play as a woman? Where is the line drawn?

What about Martina Navratilova? The abuse she got as one of the pioneers of strength training in women's sports?
    Lia was born a man and is now competing in women's sport so it is different. The tennis players you have mentioned are all women so I don't follow you. That they are physically strong women makes no difference...some men are stronger than other men and some women are stronger than other women.

I don't know what should be done as it's a difficult one, but I can understand a female athlete being frustrated by this. I'm a big sports fan. Everyone should be welcome to enjoy sports.

Reviews

Separate competitions for athletes who have changed their birth sex.

It may not be ideal, and people will still find reason to complain, but it's a much fairer approach than what we're seeing at the moment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to easycum For This Useful Post:

ford pefect (21-03-22)

Reviews

Remember Caster Semenya anyone? A woman born as a woman and disqualified from competing against other women who were also born as a woman.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/oth...-she-1.4545784

Absolutely nothing against transgender people but what would be a point of womens competition where you could have just bunch of men transition and take them over? Easy money.

https://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-...k-to-Back.aspx
    Last edited by Bukar; 20-03-22 at 12:54.
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bukar For This Useful Post:

TonyB (20-03-22)

Reviews

“The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Bukar View Post
    Absolutely nothing against transgender people but what would be a point of womens competition where you could have just bunch of men transition and take them over? Easy money.

https://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-...k-to-Back.aspx
    The point is that trans women are women in every sense of the word and you are a bigot if you don't get that.

We should celebrate beautiful brave ladies like Lia Thomas and Laurel Hubbard.

Reviews

This is completely unfair in swimming, an individual sport. Wait until a case of this happens in some realm of combat sport (i.e. boxing/MMA/Muay Thai). Then it shifts from unfair to actually dangerous

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast