View Poll Results: How long do we need to edit a post?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 mins

    5 20.83%
  • 1/2 hour

    11 45.83%
  • 1 hour

    3 12.50%
  • 2 hours

    1 4.17%
  • 3 hours

    0 0%
  • 4 hours

    4 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: 5 mins to edit your own post? What a loada bollix

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in pats security locker
    Posts
    304

    Thumbs down 5 mins to edit your own post? What a loada bollix

    This 5 mins to edit your own post is an annoying bollix. ffs it used to be 24 hrs or something. heres a poll to see wots better

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,891
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pats bodyguard View Post
    This 5 mins to edit your own post is an annoying bollix. ffs it used to be 24 hrs or something. heres a poll to see wots better
    No poll and you have 2 minutes to edit your post
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in pats security locker
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    No poll and you have 2 minutes to edit your post
    Thankfully i beat the clock there was fuk all wrong with the was before. I hate the "your 5 mins are up, please contact admin" message.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in pats security locker
    Posts
    304

    Default

    theres 4 votes for the present 5 mins and 7 votes for longer than 5 mins.


    unfortunately no one has posted why they choose to vote the way they did


    what happens now? do the com mods petition this request to patricia?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    I think 30 minutes would be better as no one spends 30 minutes checking the spelling and 5 minutes is not a long time. I will report this thread so that we can have a chin wag about it but from a mods pov more then 30 minutes is to long but I agree 5 is to short for people who genuinely need to correct a typo or add a pic or link they forgot etc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in pats security locker
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    I think 30 minutes would be better as no one spends 30 minutes checking the spelling and 5 minutes is not a long time. I will report this thread so that we can have a chin wag about it but from a mods pov more then 30 minutes is to long but I agree 5 is to short for people who genuinely need to correct a typo or add a pic or link they forgot etc.
    thanks qph, 30 mins isnt bad, at least youve a chance make these additions as you mention.

    cheers
    pb

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    Yes PB I think 99% of genuine posters would have a typo type issue sorted well within 30 minutes of posting and anyone wishing something changed after 30 minutes can pm any mod or report their own post and explain what they want changed. That would be a rare request and no problem to do for them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default I voted for 5 mins

    Quote Originally Posted by pats bodyguard View Post
    theres 4 votes for the present 5 mins and 7 votes for longer than 5 mins.


    unfortunately no one has posted why they choose to vote the way they did


    what happens now? do the com mods petition this request to patricia?
    i pretty much forget what i wrote after 5 mins let alone 30 mins.

    Just as well too,
    Westside.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    i pretty much forget what i wrote after 5 mins let alone 30 mins.

    Just as well too,
    Westside.
    We all forget what you wrote after 5 mins.................. sometimes less............

    Sorry.......... couldn't resist..................
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in pats security locker
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    i pretty much forget what i wrote after 5 mins let alone 30 mins.

    Just as well too,
    Westside.


    such a prolific poster as yourself can throw out maybe 20 posts in that 30 mins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •