Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Will lisbon go through this time?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    We have got f'all from Europe only cheap labour coming in and displacing Irish jobs.

Westside.
    And the odd €750,000,000 here and there..............

That it........ I finally figured out who West is......... sorry to expose you like this..........

YouTube - What Have The Romans...
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default EU Funding

We have been a part of the EU for nearly 40 years and received plenty of funding in that time.
    We cannot always have it our own way and, even though I dont fully understand all aspects of the Lisbon Treaty, we should move on with it.

Blog Entries

Default This makes it even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    We have been a part of the EU for nearly 40 years and received plenty of funding in that time.
    we received funding and we were growing at the fastest rate in the EU not long ago.Where did the money go?

Health?We have a bigger health crisis than ever now because we wont have as many corridors available for ppl to get treatment on trollies.

Transport?We have a very small road network and our rail and bus services would look good in London fifty years ago.

Education?Again we have a bigger education crisis than ever with more schools using old pre fabs.

Defence?Defending what or who?If we had a major cause of defence then i seem to have slept that period out.

I could go on and it all falls under the remarkable bracket of spending.What the Irish gov have done would be for all in the world ,me going into Cork city centre on a spending spree with 1 million and coming out at the end of the day with two pairs of rebok runners,a brest in a bun ,a diet coke and a pair of jeans.I spent money but where did the rest of it go.What the fuck did the Irish gov spend the money on.

unless it was put out of the country,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

we received funding and we were growing at the fastest rate in the EU not long ago.Where did the money go?

Defence?Defending what or who?If we had a major cause of defence then i seem to have slept that period out.

unless it was put out of the country,
    Westside.
    Well it didn't go here but if we get further into Europe that's where some of it will be going when we become part of a centralised European force who will have to commit troops to a rapid reaction force to be dispatched at short notice to god knows where........
    But most of the money that came from Europe towards defence goes towards UN missions. This is not open for debate, thousands of Irish troops have served overseas in dozens of missions all over the world in the name of peace, they are respected and regarded as amongst the best and most professional soldiers in the world. To date 86 have paid the ultimate price for their country and for peace all over the world. I'm not even going to go into domestic commitments but the respect that Irish peace keepers have achieved all over the world is something for every Irish person to be proud of....

I could go on
    No way.......I don't believe it..........................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default Ok

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    But most of the money that came from Europe towards defence goes towards UN missions. This is not open for debate, thousands of Irish troops have served overseas in dozens of missions all over the world in the name of peace, they are respected and regarded as amongst the best and most professional soldiers in the world. To date 86 have paid the ultimate price for their country and for peace all over the world. I'm not even going to go into domestic commitments but the respect that Irish peace keepers have achieved all over the world is something for every Irish person to be proud of....

keep everything the same but double the UN missions and double the deaths and it still doesnt make sense as to where all the money has gone.

Westside.

cavanman Guest

Default Irish Constitution

The Irish Constitution will become invalid if the Treaty of Lisbon is voted yes and again we will be answerable to foreign power. We are being threatened by europe you just have to look at the fear in the yes campain of a no vote. I think this is all related to the Irish mind set, were like the children of Europe needing to be taken care off. This will destroy Ireland and send it to the trash heap. Ok so we are on the edge of Europe but why are we always waiting for handouts from other countries instead of being self sufficent. We will have to be self sufficant with peak oil as it will be enivitable. Just ask the farmars and fishermen local industry in Ireland is gone because of Europe and all the money who benifited from it yes the Politicians and their cronies not me for certain.

Let's all vote NO again. Now that we have been raped by the government and the banks and the country is virtually bankrupt, lets create more enemies in some of the few institutions can may be called on to come to our rescue. Oh yes, lets all join with the lemmings and jump over the cliffs. For f***'s sake wake up! The hole is already deep enough and we can stop digging. Our godforsaken government has no idea how to rescue the country - let's not completely burn our bridges. Our constitution and every other sacred cow will be worth f*** all when the country goes down the plug hole.

Blog Entries

Default You reminded me of another point

Quote Originally Posted by cavanman View Post
    The Irish Constitution will become invalid if the Treaty of Lisbon is voted yes and again we will be answerable to foreign power. We are being threatened by europe you just have to look at the fear in the yes campain of a no vote. I think this is all related to the Irish mind set, were like the children of Europe needing to be taken care off. This will destroy Ireland and send it to the trash heap. Ok so we are on the edge of Europe but why are we always waiting for handouts from other countries instead of being self sufficent. We will have to be self sufficant with peak oil as it will be enivitable. Just ask the farmars and fishermen local industry in Ireland is gone because of Europe and all the money who benifited from it yes the Politicians and their cronies not me for certain.
    and this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Europe is no good for us.

One of the best ways to deal with a jobs crisis and a recession is manipulation of interest rates.Lower interest rates and slash them.This will encourage borrowing and get the wheel spinning again but nope ,we cant do that either.The ECB (european central bank) now controls our interest rates.I think the word retarded should mean this from here on.In your dictionary;

retarded = give control of your money to someone else.

This is nuts,not just stupid,absolute nuts.

As far as im concerned the reason the politicians are so fond of Europe is there are little perks down the line for them in the EU.For them as politicians,not for us as people.My attitude is fuck Europe and if they dont like what we do fuck them more.We dont need them.We do need and need very badly the UK and the US.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default Well said and

Quote Originally Posted by mij6969 View Post
    Let's all vote NO again. Now that we have been raped by the government and the banks and the country is virtually bankrupt, lets create more enemies in some of the few institutions can may be called on to come to our rescue. Oh yes, lets all join with the lemmings and jump over the cliffs. For f***'s sake wake up! The hole is already deep enough and we can stop digging. Our godforsaken government has no idea how to rescue the country - let's not completely burn our bridges. Our constitution and every other sacred cow will be worth f*** all when the country goes down the plug hole.
    at least by voting no we give them a good reason for screwing us next time.We will also send out a very strong message that needs to be sent out.

This is our country and dont fuck with us.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Intrest rates

and this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Europe is no good for us.

One of the best ways to deal with a jobs crisis and a recession is manipulation of interest rates.Lower interest rates and slash them.This will encourage borrowing and get the wheel spinning again but nope ,we cant do that either.The ECB (european central bank) now controls our interest rates.I think the word retarded should mean this from here on.In your dictionary;

retarded = give control of your money to someone else.

This is nuts,not just stupid,absolute nuts.

As far as im concerned the reason the politicians are so fond of Europe is there are little perks down the line for them in the EU.For them as politicians,not for us as people.My attitude is fuck Europe and if they dont like what we do fuck them more.We dont need them.We do need and need very badly the UK and the US.

Westside.
    Intrest rates have never been lower than at present there is nowhere else
    we would be lent money at anything approaching the rates we are getting it now .Most likely
    nobody would lend us money fullstop if we werent linked to the euro.If we were a stand alone currencey now i dread to think what it would be worth when traded. we will never get cheaper
    money than through our links with the ECB and thats a fact
    Actually alot of our problems stems from the avaliability of cheap money

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast