Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knighthood for Tony Blair

Reviews

majority of the British person are against his Knighthood.
    you'd think the Queen at her age should know better than handing out Awards to War Criminals and All Sorts, bad for the reputation, she needs to do her homework more thoroughly

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oldfool View Post
    Yes it’s well thought out. To get peace in the North you needed Dublin London and Washington engaged. We nearly blew it by having Bruton who stalled the process.
    He also got Labour re-elected which has not happened often
    the activists in the North were given privileges and were paid by the British Government to stay quiet.
    Your political parties here are the same are the ones over here, they talk lots about changes for the better and condemn opposition party policies but when they get in
    to government they do nothing different.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by littlespike View Post
    northern Ireland was stuck in conflict sence I was born people been shot and blown up to stop that after nearly 30 years was a huge achievement Tony deserves his knighthood no problem as would mo molan if she was still around Bertie even deserves credit for getting Ian paisley and Martin McGuinness to go into government togeather the north would still be at war only for Tony standing up to the bully boy politicians in northern Ireland Bush cohearsed Tony into going to war he hated every minute of it his body language screamed this. Old fool is no fool he was right on the mark with his comment.
    Agree 100% littlespike, his input and that of his government here during the peace talks was invaluable and shouldn't be forgotten.

Does he deserve a Knighthood? I think the Royal Family should be abolished and all those titles along with them.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Banger (05-01-22), oldfool (06-01-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WeeJimmy View Post
    Very sad and he does not deserve it, started a war based totally on lies, in a sane world, all he should be getting is a bowl of porridge in prison from her majesty

I voted for Boris last time and was going to vote for Rodney Starmer this time but when he says Tony deserves his knighthood then he gets the boot from me too
    Frankly, who gives a shit? Considering some of the scoundrels and guttersnipes who were knighted by the british crown down through the years, Blair's support for the Iraq war puts him somewhere mid-table in terms of offence.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Banger For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-01-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Frankly, who gives a shit? Considering some of the scoundrels and guttersnipes who were knighted by the british crown down through the years, Blair's support for the Iraq war puts him somewhere mid-table in terms of offence.
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

9. Default

Majority of brits don’t even know their own history

Reviews

northern Ireland was stuck in conflict sence I was born people been shot and blown up to stop that after nearly 30 years was a huge achievement Tony deserves his knighthood no problem as would mo molan if she was still around Bertie even deserves credit for getting Ian paisley and Martin McGuinness to go into government togeather the north would still be at war only for Tony standing up to the bully boy politicians in northern Ireland Bush cohearsed Tony into going to war he hated every minute of it his body language screamed this. Old fool is no fool he was right on the mark with his comment.
    Tony is a very educated man and he knew what he was doing, as for hating the war thats like beating someone to death and then realising you hate yourself for doing it
    to me they're all a shower of basterds and that includes the Monarchy too

Reviews

I was beginning to feel alone. Thanks for the comment. Those of us who can remember the 70/80’s get it. Stuck in vicious tick tack murders in a stalemate with no one capable of winning or loosing .British army recognised that in the early 70’s took the political establishment 20 years to work it out… and 3.000 lives

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (06-01-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oldfool View Post
    I was beginning to feel alone. Thanks for the comment. Those of us who can remember the 70/80’s get it. Stuck in vicious tick tack murders in a stalemate with no one capable of winning or loosing .British army recognised that in the early 70’s took the political establishment 20 years to work it out… and 3.000 lives
    I grew up through those years and never want us to go back to those dark old days. We owe a lot to all the politicians that brought about the peace process here including Tony Blair.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast