Thread: RIP Michael Nesmoith

Reviews

Default RIP Michael Nesmoith

Michael Nesmith, singer, guitarist and songwriter with 1960s pop group The Monkees, has died at the age of 78.
    With former Monkees Davy Jones and Peter Tork having died some years ago Mickey Dolenz is the only original member of the band still alive.
    RIP.
    Last edited by EmmaEA; 11-12-21 at 11:29.
    The Truth is out there.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (10-12-21), Mrbean76 (10-12-21), oldfool (10-12-21), Ryankelvin (10-12-21), UnFulfilledScott (12-12-21)

Reviews

They were created by US recording studio in response to the “Brit invasion” of the sixties and did not write or even play their own songs. Therefore we of a certain generation considered them inferior to the Beatles, Stones etc. Despite starring in their own TV show they never learnt to act.
    All that said I think everyone of a certain generation knows I’m a believer and Last train to Clarkesville

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oldfool For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (11-12-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by oldfool View Post
    They were created by US recording studio in response to the “Brit invasion” of the sixties and did not write or even play their own songs. Therefore we of a certain generation considered them inferior to the Beatles, Stones etc. Despite starring in their own TV show they never learnt to act.
    All that said I think everyone of a certain generation knows I’m a believer and Last train to Clarkesville
    Speak for yourself Oldtimer.. They were likeable and the songs associated with them and the TV Series was good and put you in good form. So mission acomplished. I am a life long fan of them.

They may not have had the pure talent of the Beatles (a personal favourite), but what they brought to the masses was feel good fun, and the tunes they portrayed as their own are still better than the 'muck' churned out nowadays by artists with far less talent.... RIP Michael Nesmith. Those of a certain age salute you! lol

Quote Originally Posted by oldfool View Post

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hairtrigger For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (11-12-21)