Thread: What was the massage scene like 20+ years ago?

Default What was the massage scene like 20+ years ago?

I can imagine there wasn't much variety. Any memories going back to early 2000s, 90s?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by prp View Post
    I can imagine there wasn't much variety. Any memories going back to early 2000s, 90s?
    I think the expression In and Out Like a Fiddlers Elbow would describe the antics that went on back then. It was great fun. Well a friend told me that.

Reviews

It was better.
    Everything was better.

I didn't hear "extra baby" for what should be included.
    It was only extra for something that was definitely an extra.

And massage was a lot cheaper than full service, which personally I never understood.

Plus 30 minutes was 30 minutes, and an hour was an hour. Now 30 minutes includes turn around time in too many cases

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

bigmango (07-11-21), bmw528 (06-11-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    It was better.
    Everything was better.

I didn't hear "extra baby" for what should be included.
    It was only extra for something that was definitely an extra.

And massage was a lot cheaper than full service, which personally I never understood.

Plus 30 minutes was 30 minutes, and an hour was an hour. Now 30 minutes includes turn around time in too many cases
    Sure we passed each other by all the time in those days. . I bet you always had a big feed of Grub after a session back then.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

TonyB (06-11-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    Sure we passed each other by all the time in those days. . I bet you always had a big feed of Grub after a session back then.
    I'd love an Abcakabra kebab right now.
    Yum.

I remember this blonde in Rathmines who advertised massage. Long straight blonde hair. Boots.
    I never saw her take her boots off.
    I never got a massage off her either, not in all the times I saw her.
    Lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (06-11-21), tbooker281 (07-11-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I'd love an Abcakabra kebab right now.
    Yum.

I remember this blonde in Rathmines who advertised massage. Long straight blonde hair. Boots.
    I never saw her take her boots off.
    I never got a massage off her either, not in all the times I saw her.
    Lol
    Yea, Beside the Rathmines Inn. Then there was 3 more heading down over Portabello Bridge. It was like a candy shop.
    Last edited by TheSavannah; 08-11-21 at 09:59. Reason: Location

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

TonyB (06-11-21)

11. Default

Ads under Health in the classifieds in the Indo. Golden Pages was another good source. Very little online. Every phone call was the start of a voyage into the unknown.
    Sabrina from back then was still active a couple of years ago (maybe she still is....&#128513

12. The Following User Says Thank You to giuseppeh99 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (09-11-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppeh99 View Post
    Ads under Health in the classifieds in the Indo. Golden Pages was another good source. Very little online. Every phone call was the start of a voyage into the unknown.
    Sabrina from back then was still active a couple of years ago (maybe she still is....��)
    There was no online - you relied on "In Dublin" magazine ads or taking a chance in health / sports massage places.
    Phone calls were an adventure both for the provider & receiver - you never knew who was on the other end.
    There were a few gems to be found. In the main service was much better than now - If you booked 30 mins / 60 mins you got the full time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (09-11-21)

Reviews

30 years ago were the golden days for the massage parlour/health studio.
    20 pound for the house and 20 to 40 to the masseuse. They would only take calls from landlines and often the final call was to be from the nearest phonebox. There were a lot of Irish girls, whoever answered the phone normally gave a description of the ladies available and when you called it was acceptable to ask to meet all the girls available. Most places that I visited opened 10 am to 10 pm with 3 to 5 girls working each shift. A lady I was very fond of actually double jobbed and willingly worked in 2 different places that were under separate management.

In the fully legit massage places, nobody asked you to keep your jocks on. And if you behaved yourself the back of her hand went all the way until there was definite contact.