Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So now we have a.... Drum drum drum

Question Is Newstalk a legit source of unbiased information ?

The numbers mentioned :

20% increase on last week ; 40% increase on two weeks ago Are quite alarming .

BUT : What are the ancillary details that are not being reported on ?

I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thebestlaidplans View Post
    Partners are only recently allowed to accompany expectant mothers to appointments. You must wear a mask, don't congregate in groups .you must have a covid cert or you eat outside. It's been a masterclass in control. Those that think differently are demonised and meanwhile we do have amnesia in terms of societies real ills.
    It's been an assault on our young people if you ask me. The elderly were well looked after and those of us in middle age(most here) have all been working for ect..so it's been a doss for me but others have suffered.
    I may not agree with Covid protests but Il defend their right to protest.
    Hazel Chu, Josipha Maddigan and the likes get off on shutting you up. Supported by the likes of Pat Kenny of course who thinks children are Petrie dishes..now it's half seven I must put on my foil hat before I go to work.
    But everything you post here, as you say, is "if you ask me". These are not facts, they are your opinion.

So let me give you my opinion. I believe that with >90% now vaccinated, we should remove the vast majority of restrictions, because those who are now not vaccinated are very unlikely to get vaccinated, and based on the R0 of even the delta variant, 90% vaccination should be enough to contain any outbreaks. The 10% who still choose not to get vaccinated should be charged for their medical care, for the extra demands and risk they put our frontline workers at. But that is my opinion and it is worth no more than yours.

What is fact, is that there is a contagious disease that unchecked kills people. If you do not agree on that fact then the discussion descends into mud slinging and insults so let's assume we do agree on that. Once we agree that there is such a risk, we have elected a government to manage that. You may agree or disagree with their decisions and even their motives. I do not agree with all of them. However there is a democratic process that allows you to vote them out if you don't think they did a good job. That hasn't changed, and until it does, the concept that Leo and Michael are out there getting their jollies by making us all dance to their tune is one that I find laughable.

I actually find it laughable that anyone thinks anyone in our government has any measure of control or any meaningful power at all.

But again, opinion, not facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Nobody is asking for vaccine certs.

Westside
    It’s true. Anyway I can fly easier international. I lost family members in Covid and I see the big difference between Hungary ( 50% vaccinated )and Ireland, so I am fine to have vaccines.
    Sensual massage with Thai oil massage elements ★★★★★
    Upcoming tour updated:

See you in Belfast! 🚢 and then in Dublin 24! ☘️

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jessicabp For This Useful Post:

jerryc (29-10-21)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    But everything you post here, as you say, is "if you ask me". These are not facts, they are your opinion.

So let me give you my opinion. I believe that with >90% now vaccinated, we should remove the vast majority of restrictions, because those who are now not vaccinated are very unlikely to get vaccinated, and based on the R0 of even the delta variant, 90% vaccination should be enough to contain any outbreaks. The 10% who still choose not to get vaccinated should be charged for their medical care, for the extra demands and risk they put our frontline workers at. But that is my opinion and it is worth no more than yours.

What is fact, is that there is a contagious disease that unchecked kills people. If you do not agree on that fact then the discussion descends into mud slinging and insults so let's assume we do agree on that. Once we agree that there is such a risk, we have elected a government to manage that. You may agree or disagree with their decisions and even their motives. I do not agree with all of them. However there is a democratic process that allows you to vote them out if you don't think they did a good job. That hasn't changed, and until it does, the concept that Leo and Michael are out there getting their jollies by making us all dance to their tune is one that I find laughable.

I actually find it laughable that anyone thinks anyone in our government has any measure of control or any meaningful power at all.

But again, opinion, not facts.

I agree with most of your views but I firmly believe all politicians crave power. Very few people feel a vocation to govern and those that do love power is say.
    I also would like to see them just stop all restrictions and let life begin again for the vaccinated and those not vaccinated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thebestlaidplans For This Useful Post:

TonyB (30-10-21)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678