Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joshua v Usyk

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Well what a rant by aj, who the heck wanted to hear that. I just saw the bit they showed on sky this morning. It was a bit disrespectful throwing the belts on the ground.
    Ive watched it a couple of times now
    I don’t know what his point is , I don’t know why he brought Tyson , Dempsey and Liston into it , most heavyweight champions have different physiques
    AJ has been a world champion, not one of the all time greats , IMO either retire or get back In the gym ,
    One thing I noticed during fight ( it may not be relevant) AJ was targeting the lower stomach area of Usyk which was a weakness in his amateur days, and there were some punches borderline on being low , this was obviously team strategy, maybe his anger came from this being a mistake
    Usyk has no weakness
    When AJ got beaten by Ruiz he pulled himself together and destroyed him in rematch. Last night was his best shot and it wasn’t good enough, he has to be devastated

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (21-08-22)

Reviews

I think the big frustration for Joshua is that he realises Usyk is superior...tough to have to accept that for him. It reminds me of Holyfield and Tyson. Mike realised he couldn't outbox, bully or scare Holyfield and that Holyfield simply had his number.

Not sure where AJ goes now. His reaction was poor, but built out of frustration. I didn't catch the interview.

Fury vs. Usyk. I want to see that!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (21-08-22), Ryankelvin (21-08-22), Tightsmonster (21-08-22)

The only thing for Joshua now is to retire. After two loses to Usyk and his totally embarrassing loss to Ruiz, the worst Heavyweight champion ever. There's nowhere left for him to go now. I've lost all respect for him after that Pathetic rant at the end of the fight.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tightsmonster For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (21-08-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tightsmonster View Post
    The only thing for Joshua now is to retire. After two loses to Usyk and his totally embarrassing loss to Ruiz, the worst Heavyweight champion ever. There's nowhere left for him to go now. I've lost all respect for him after that Pathetic rant at the end of the fight.
    I would have said Valuev was the worst heavyweight champion...he was bloody useless!

Also - Michael Moorer, Hasan Rahman and I'm actually going to throw David Haye in there also. Yes Ruiz wasn't exactly Joe Frazier...more like the Butterbean lol!

I'll have to check out what Joshua said...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (21-08-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    I would have said Valuev was the worst heavyweight champion...he was bloody useless!

Also - Michael Moorer, Hasan Rahman and I'm actually going to throw David Haye in there also. Yes Ruiz wasn't exactly Joe Frazier...more like the Butterbean lol!

Agreed, there were many useless Heavyweight in that list. Ruiz was a Fat Bum, a total disgrace to Professional Boxing.

Reviews

Agreed, there were many useless Heavyweight in that list. Ruiz was a Fat Bum, a total disgrace to Professional Boxing.
    I refrained from including Buster Douglas in that list because despite being a journeyman...that was some win against Tyson all those years ago. Mike was never really the same after that loss. Some combination knockout it was!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Tightsmonster (21-08-22)

Reviews

Aj must have made some kind of a speech after the fight according to sky sports. What was that about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsasport View Post
    Very strange rhe way AJ went after,
    He got the belts and threw them on the floor and then stormed out of the ring and then came back again and came out with a complete load of rubbish when it really should have been the winner talking, seemed like a bit of a meltdown on AJ’s part..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    I fell asleep after fight was over , it was weird what happened, he seemed angry with his team,
    He probably knows that was his last realistic shot at regaining the belts
    Well what a rant by aj, who the heck wanted to hear that. I just saw the bit they showed on sky this morning. It was a bit disrespectful throwing the belts on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    Ive watched it a couple of times now
    I don’t know what his point is , I don’t know why he brought Tyson , Dempsey and Liston into it , most heavyweight champions have different physiques
    AJ has been a world champion, not one of the all time greats , IMO either retire or get back In the gym ,
    One thing I noticed during fight ( it may not be relevant) AJ was targeting the lower stomach area of Usyk which was a weakness in his amateur days, and there were some punches borderline on being low , this was obviously team strategy, maybe his anger came from this being a mistake
    Usyk has no weakness
    When AJ got beaten by Ruiz he pulled himself together and destroyed him in rematch. Last night was his best shot and it wasn’t good enough, he has to be devastated
    I think the big frustration for Joshua is that he realises Usyk is superior...tough to have to accept that for him. It reminds me of Holyfield and Tyson. Mike realised he couldn't outbox, bully or scare Holyfield and that Holyfield simply had his number.

Not sure where AJ goes now. His reaction was poor, but built out of frustration. I didn't catch the interview.

Fury vs. Usyk. I want to see that!

delighted for Usyk .. a likeable character ..
    agreed Ryan some low blows from Joshua during the fight .. stomach/body section is defo Usyks weak spot but those were borderline below the belt
    as for Joshua .. 2nd tier fighter .. would be worried for his mental health .. his team should have pulled the mic off him .. really poor sportsmanship from him
    it was Usyks time to enjoy and celebrate with his country which is at war FFS ..

Rock - here is the "speech" - this was after he threw the belts down .. threw all his toys out of his pram .. stormed out of the ring .. then came back in and grabbed the mic

i'll post another one - because you can't post 2 vids together - the 2nd vid .. one of the lowest bit of sportsmanship I've seen
    Last edited by BarryD; 21-08-22 at 17:56.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryD For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (21-08-22), Rockerman (21-08-22)

Reviews

what he says here just before 55 secs to Usyk is just pure low stuff ..
    and Usyk is an absolute gent all the way .. press conferences .. interviews .. never says bad

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BarryD For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (21-08-22)

Reviews

Cheers Barry. I had seen him throw the belts...bad loser there. Yes that was all very embarrassing and very strange.

He has been found out...the Brits were hoping for another Lennox. Well to be fair he is a two time World champion, but he beat an over the hill Klitschko and fought a fair few British level fighters only. He'd have almost no hope against Fury and I think Wilder would knock him out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

BarryD (21-08-22)

Reviews

AJ an ignorant brute who does not know how to behave while Usyk was the complete gentleman. AJ stole Usyk moment on the night but loved the way he took the Ukrainian flag off AJ, he didnt want that bollock wearing it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast