Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A controversial q for anyone willing to answer

Default Banned from Heaven and Hell

I too am an Atheist.

For those interested the first ever Irish Atheist AGM will take place in Wynns Hotel, Dublin on Saturday July 11th.

Atheist Ireland

Reviews

Brothers, may I refer you to Monsieur Pascal's famous Wager? Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They say that are no atheists in foxholes. I'll go one better and respectfully suggest that people who say that they are atheists have never experienced true desperation.

Here's a thing. There's no evidence for or against God's existence. It ultimately comes down to faith, whether or not you choose to believe. Just because all those Christians, Muslims, and Jews believe in God doesn't make him real.

But you know what - just because atheists choose NOT to believe, doesn't mean he's NOT real either

cavanman Guest

U know its funny but I too have been thinking a lot about this lately. I believe the organised religions and churches of the world are really about power or control over their people. Most wars are about religious differiences. They tell us what is right and wrong and if u dont fit into their ideals your an outcast but as we see recently they cant even do it for them selves. Most structured religions come from Rome and are linked into the Banks.

What the Romans did when the concored a people is to take their ideas and make them their own so it was easier to become part of the roman empire. But if u look at say Rc church it did the same the took older sacred sites and days and made them their own. There was a spiritual way of life here before christanaty and this was obliterated when it came to these shores and it was similar to what the native americans believe in today.

I was raised RC but wandered away in my teens now I am very spiritual but not religious and follow something closer to NA than anything else. But if I was to follow a religion it would have to be Buddism as I believe to be pure and fair.

What I have been mainly think about lately is if I was to somehow die I want to make sure I dont end up in a RC church and go the normal way. I think Id like to be burnt and scattered in the wind and have told my family so.

Blog Entries

Default You misunderstand me

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Brothers, may I refer you to Monsieur Pascal's famous Wager? Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They say that are no atheists in foxholes. I'll go one better and respectfully suggest that people who say that they are atheists have never experienced true desperation.

Here's a thing. There's no evidence for or against God's existence. It ultimately comes down to faith, whether or not you choose to believe. Just because all those Christians, Muslims, and Jews believe in God doesn't make him real.

But you know what - just because atheists choose NOT to believe, doesn't mean he's NOT real either
    my attraction to buddhism is very simple.It is a way of life that focuses on ourselves internally and that can only be a good thing.Most religons focus on external means such a the bible,koran etc.I have being reading buddhist material for sometime now and as a way of life it makes so much sense.I have always being fascinated with Eastern ways of life.

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Ditto Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the abominable snowman, loch ness monster, big foot, leprechauns, fairies, vampires, werewolves, unicorns etc no evidence for or against.

Can anyone prove that they do not exist ?
    Lets work on the theory that if there is no evidence it probably does not exist.

No athesits in foxholes - life lacking in desperation. Thes statements do not constitute any sort of logical argument.

Faith - what does that word actually mean ? look it up - belief not based on proof or material evidence.

Blog Entries

Default Manchild

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post
    Ditto Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the abominable snowman, loch ness monster, big foot, leprechauns, fairies, vampires, werewolves, unicorns etc no evidence for or against.

Can anyone prove that they do not exist ?
    Lets work on the theory that if there is no evidence it probably does not exist.

No athesits in foxholes - life lacking in desperation. Thes statements do not constitute any sort of logical argument.

Faith - what does that word actually mean ? look it up - belief not based on proof or material evidence.
    he lives near Westville.He walks likes a woman,is about 6-4,with a babies head and a builders bum and a paor of boobs.He is the manchild.

im serious ,a major public attraction,
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default steroids

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    he lives near Westville.He walks likes a woman,is about 6-4,with a babies head and a builders bum and a paor of boobs.He is the manchild.

im serious ,a major public attraction,
    Westside.
    westie ease up on the steroids

Blog Entries

Default Im not kidding

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    westie ease up on the steroids
    this description is real.He is a wasted talent.Barnum and Baileys would kill for him.He would put every circus out there out of business overnight.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post

... look it up - belief not based on proof or material evidence.
    Aah, so it's a bit like the theory of evolution then: seems to fit the known facts reasonably well but ultimately unproven. Interesting...

Blog Entries

Religion or faith is like insurance for most people, they nope they never need it but are afraid not to contribute towards it just in case. And when they do need it they all hope if pays off big time...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast