Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan

“Wrong Horse” = no skin off their nose patriarchal raised men soldiers .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    They shouldn't have been there in the first place, but having gone there, to up sticks and move on is a colossal failure. Instigated by Trump, Biden just following through, but I fail to accept he couldn't have reversed the decision.
    I totally agree. I feel like crying tbh thinking about all the young girls and women who have grown up knowing nothing but education and choices. It was a wonderful thing America did there. And now it is all for nothing.
    Last edited by IDF2; 16-08-21 at 16:39. Reason: I am crying now because I am a sap.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    What would be your Better Solution to an unwinnable 20 yr war — stay another 20 years ?
    I fear the US rushes into conflicts with arrogance and over confidence as to what the eventual outcomes will be I'm afraid history is not kind to them in that regard as they have many more failures than successs
    Self interest is not a great ideal for going to war it should be for the greater good not personal gain, there have been many conflicts that there has been no personal gain for US to get involved then they just turn a blind eye to them.
    That is not how the self described policeman of the world should act

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (16-08-21)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IDF2 View Post
    I totally agree. I feel like crying tbh thinking about all the young girls and women who have grown up knowing nothing but education and choices. It was a wonderful thing America did there. And now it is all for nothing.
    Yes this was my point exactly false hope was given they would be much better off if there had been no hope atall ,how will these young women re adjust , the effect on a whole generation will be devastating can you imagine what the levels of mental illness etc will be ? It's going to be Catastrophic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

IDF2 (16-08-21)

Reviews

What would be your Better Solution to an unwinnable 20 yr war — stay another 20 years ?
    Don't go there in the first place.

But yes, if you poke the wasps nest, be prepared to deal with the consequences.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

IDF2 (16-08-21)

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I fear the US rushes into conflicts with arrogance and over confidence as to what the eventual outcomes will be I'm afraid history is not kind to them in that regard as they have many more failures than successs
    Self interest is not a great ideal for going to war it should be for the greater good not personal gain, there have been many conflicts that there has been no personal gain for US to get involved then they just turn a blind eye to them.
    That is not how the self described policeman of the world should act
    I agree x

Reviews

A war against who? The Afghan people? I thought you went in there to get Osama bin Laden?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Don't go there in the first place.

But yes, if you poke the wasps nest, be prepared to deal with the consequences.
    9/11 - Talibs sheltering O B Laden : had to

Reviews

Yes this was my point exactly false hope was given they would be much better off if there had been no hope atall ,how will these young women re adjust , the effect on a whole generation will be devastating can you imagine what the levels of mental illness etc will be ? It's going to be Catastrophic
    On the other hand, a younger generation, having grown up in a forward looking environment, may be unwilling to accept a regressive regime. It may be wishful thinking, but maybe, just maybe, there it's some hope that Afghanistan could return to what it was in the seventies and earlier...

Reviews

They will have no mental health issues at all. They will be killed, fact.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast