Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    That looks like the chair the aliens beam you up in. They keep them in Roswell and area 51 don't they?
    Hold on a minute gonzo as I go google all that before I reply

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WeeJimmy View Post
    Hold on a minute gonzo as I go google all that before I reply
    Ah I understand, the aliens blocked your memory of that

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Oh right. A cave in Afghanistan is where he was hiding wasn't it? Or was it behind the weapons of mass destruction in Saddam's basement?

But, you know, mission accomplished.
    As far as I know , he was in a cave across the border in pakistan.
    And that is why such military interventions, are doomed from the beginning.
    If you are to claim the moral high ground, you have to abide by the rules of engagement established by modern society and international communities alike.
    Which is all nice and well if you are openly at war with another nation, but what happens when the so called enemy is just a group of rebels imbedded in the local population?
    rules of engagement, geneva convention, even borders mean nothing to them. only victory no matter the cost.
    For them collateral damage is just the cost of doing business .
    A luxury , lawful governments cannot afford.
    As far as the local population is concerned, I am sorry to say, it will be left to fend for itself the same way north korean or people of Burma are, or any other people and nation under authoritarian rulers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 10inchesandcounting For This Useful Post:

IDF2 (21-08-21)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSarahBarra View Post
    What the world should do is fund a private fleet of private and willing soldiers to claim back any democracies that are taken.
    personally, I don t think private military contractors are the answer, if anything , they are part of the problem.
    People keep talking about the insane cost this all charade was, but they conveniently seem to forget that arms manufacturers and private security companies are the one who profited the most from the situation while not given a flying care about the local population

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10inchesandcounting For This Useful Post:

IDF2 (21-08-21), Noregrets (22-08-21)

Reviews

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world...618584813.html
    Taliban 'mock' US by copying famous WWII photo of troops raising flag at Iwo Jima

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwo-jima_1629620482487_1629620500604.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	130343
    Last edited by Bukar; 22-08-21 at 23:48.
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Bukar View Post
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/world...618584813.html
    Taliban 'mock' US by copying famous WWII photo of troops raising flag at Iwo Jima

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwo-jima_1629620482487_1629620500604.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	130343
    Taliban with night vision....and combats, seems legit
    Class, a bit of sass and a lot a ass? Oh Hi!

"Dont they all have lovely bottoms..."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by yourehighered View Post
    Taliban with night vision....and combats, seems legit
    Remember they are freshly equipped with us military hardware abandoned by the departing forces. I've done a quick search and the photo does appear to be legit

Reviews

Yes, unlike NATO, Taliban were not sitting idle for the last 20 years, they improved on propaganda warfare... Some even noticed their dressing style has improved although still compliant with their own version of Islam.
    Old Afgan proverb adopted by Taliban says "You have the watches, we have the time"... They have seen occupiers come and go before.
    Last edited by Bukar; 23-08-21 at 15:33.
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    What is happening in Afghanistan is appalling, what life are women going to have now? While their rights and freedoms still left alot to be desired under the last administration they had still made huge strides ,education was avaliable they could Express themselves how they dressed etc.
    While maybe not easy for every one they still had opportunities to get jobs and have careers.
    That will now be gone in a flash back to wearing Burkas covered head to toe and chaperone by a Male when going outside.
    I really feel for the generation of girls since 2000 or so that had not experienced life under the Taliban and now what a shock it will be to them it will be like being in a prison all their freedoms and way of life snatched away overnight,it doesn't bear thinking about.
    This is without even mentioning the life of misery and sexual servitude many are going to suffer. The Taliban are already getting the village Immans to compile lists of females between 12 and 45 to marry Taliban fighters they are considered spoils of war and can you imagine the life they will have of physical and sexual degradation .
    It seems as if the outside world is totally helpless to do anything ,soldiers wont be sent back in and after 20 years of bloodshed ,billions of euros the Taliban can claim total victory .
    The more I read and get to understand that I feel so sad for the women of Afghanistan and what they are about to face it is truly horrific. It really is a reality check k on the great way of life we have even if we dont appreciate it always
    If you are so worried pick up the gun or book and go help them, why the fuck westerners should go and die there? There are a lot of places on earth where even worse shit is happening right now, but nobody cares.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cluelesss View Post
    If you are so worried pick up the gun or book and go help them, why the fuck westerners should go and die there? There are a lot of places on earth where even worse shit is happening right now, but nobody cares.
    What about taking responsibility for the mess you made?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast