Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Experience leasing a house

Default Experience leasing a house

Anyone here have experience leasing a house. Couple pm me. I have a question about giving tenent notice so i can renovate the house theyre in..cheers

Reviews

"Remove prostitutes from human affairs, and you will unsettle everything because of lusts..."
    St Augustine

They have confused the shite out of me..was hoping someone who has been through this might be welling to chat.

Reviews

I was going to refer you to the RTB

I have helped a friend with her RTB appeal case who fell behind with her rent and it took the landlord nearly a year to terminate the tenancy - before she left the premises.

This was all pre-Covid. I believe the situation is worse now for landlords.

Landlord/tenant situations may have been discussed on Boards.ie

Unfortunately tenants have the upper head. Its hard to terminate the tenancy nowadays compared to 15 years old. It took me nearly 20 months with one. So now I only do 1 year only contact and renewal every year with a new argument. I give a free weeks rent when renewed so to break there rent agreement so I can keep the upper hand now

I have only one year contract in place as well. Its ending next year. I want to renovate the house, its need alot of work. The tenents are nice but i have to chase them for rent. Arrears warning letter twice this year.

Theyre in the house 7 ish years. I cant just end the tenency at the end of the contract can i ?

I dont undestand the weeks free rent, why do u do that.

With that length in the house they have rights. By keeping it under 1 year they have none. Unfortunately you can't just easily terminate it now. Best thing to do would be work with them for a while keeping them on your side to help the find another place to live.

I must admit i kind of confused. They onky ever had 1 year contracts, renewed each year.

Do u have different tenents each year or is it the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by hornystud17 View Post
    With that length in the house they have rights. By keeping it under 1 year they have none. Unfortunately you can't just easily terminate it now. Best thing to do would be work with them for a while keeping them on your side to help the find another place to live.
    PM sent to you

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylimk2009 View Post
    I have only one year contract in place as well. Its ending next year. I want to renovate the house, its need alot of work. The tenents are nice but i have to chase them for rent. Arrears warning letter twice this year.

Theyre in the house 7 ish years. I cant just end the tenency at the end of the contract can i ?

I dont undestand the weeks free rent, why do u do that.
    You need to give them notice. If you are doing major renovations that is a legitimate reason to terminate the lease, but the notice period is roughly one month per year they have been in the house.

Do not mention late payments as the reason for tetmination as by bringing the rent up to date they then can not be evicted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast