Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bit of a covid problem.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gthomas View Post
    Fully agree about vaccine and virus doses...
    May I disagree about immunity. We are living in world full of viruses. Each second on our body we have lots types viruses. Our immune system fights them and it know how to keep us healthy. All that desinfections, distances, masks... We not getting enough viruses, so our immune weakens. After some time we are going die from viruses which is common in our everyday life...
    It sounds brutally but it's circle of life. Strongest surviving...
    There wasn't any case of flu this year.... That's what I'm worrying.
    May I disagree about your disagreement. A vaccine doesn't stop your natural immunity from working, it supercharges it.

And your immune system doesn't need you to interact, breathe same air etc to stay "ready". There are plenty of viruses and bacteria on your skin and in the air and on the things you touch anyway.

Who said there weren't any cases of flu this year? The measures that keep covid under control also keep flu under control but I very much doubt that we avoided it completely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jojomalone View Post
    2.5 million people have been fully vaccinated. 18 people in hospital as a % is so tiny it's insignificant. The efficacy of the vaccines appears far greater than stated. Why focus on the small numbers? The overall good is so much better to do
    They are now saying it's 10%.

Westside

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gthomas View Post
    Fully agree about vaccine and virus doses...
    May I disagree about immunity. We are living in world full of viruses. Each second on our body we have lots types viruses. Our immune system fights them and it know how to keep us healthy. All that desinfections, distances, masks... We not getting enough viruses, so our immune weakens. After some time we are going die from viruses which is common in our everyday life...
    It sounds brutally but it's circle of life. Strongest surviving...
    There wasn't any case of flu this year.... That's what I'm worrying.
    You do have a point, if we don't seize every medical advance, and reduce our hygiene, the human race is likely to get stronger. The fittest will survive. But what about the vulnerable?
    Babies that wouldn't have survived 50 years ago are now passing on their genes to another generation. This could lead to increased genetic mutations requiring even more medical intervention.
    Is this a good idea. Some will certainly say no. But I for one prefer to live in a caring society.

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    You do have a point, if we don't seize every medical advance, and reduce our hygiene, the human race is likely to get stronger. The fittest will survive. But what about the vulnerable?
    Babies that wouldn't have survived 50 years ago are now passing on their genes to another generation. This could lead to increased genetic mutations requiring even more medical intervention.
    Is this a good idea. Some will certainly say no. But I for one prefer to live in a caring society.
    There is also the fact that those "unfit" people who survive because of the care we give, can be for the greater good of humans. Just see Stephen Hawking and the work he produced and the world could miss out off, if we just went with survival of the fittest. People need to understand the flipside of survival of the fittest, is the amount of people who is lost to get it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ShyRedViking For This Useful Post:

UnFulfilledScott (22-07-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    But the whole point of getting the vaccines was preventing ppl from getting serious. How do they explain a fully vaccinated person in hospital with covid?

Westside
    When it came to the crunch you took the vaccine Westie
    It's too late to try to pretend you're a deep independent thinker now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelsFan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsFan View Post
    When it came to the crunch you took the vaccine Westie
    It's too late to try to pretend you're a deep independent thinker now
    I used my deep independent thinking and decided to get it because it won't kill me and I want fuck all restrictions in my life.

Westside

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    But the whole point of getting the vaccines was preventing ppl from getting serious. How do they explain a fully vaccinated person in hospital with covid?

Westside

I'm fully vaxxed. To be honest I think it was wasted on me as I'm freakishly resilient to illnesses. Probably got some cockroach in my genes.
    M favourite uncle is also vaccinated. Same genes. The dude looks like an older version of me. Only difference is he's fat.

I love him too much to test the theory.

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    Yeah, I think the planet saw where the 'blonde hair, blue eyes' eugenicists were headed a long time back.
    Crazy how they ignore what happens to the blue blood.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I am reading and thinking...

We are in phase 3 of the trials.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...acker.amp.html

I wonder who are the volunteers who receive the placebo in this phase...is it possible that some of those people in hospital, who are sick or ill have received the placebo instead of the vaccine,hummmm🤔

Too many questions, and so little answers....we have to wait and see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12