Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League 2021/22

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    Rat boy - haha. Big failure for Pep. The Middle Eastern billionaires expect European success...now they don't have a fucking clue about the history of the European Cup, but they still want that success because success is money...fuck off City.

Don't forget 2018 though haha. It should be a cracking final and now I can watch it!
    In 1981 we beat Real in European cup final in Paris and beat Wolves at Anfield on last day of the season to win the league, it would also be fantastic to get revenge for 2018 , big advantage for Madrid having La Liga won already,
    It’s brilliant for Liverpool to be where they are , hopefully city have a hangover from last night

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (05-05-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    In 1981 we beat Real in European cup final in Paris and beat Wolves at Anfield on last day of the season to win the league, it would also be fantastic to get revenge for 2018 , big advantage for Madrid having La Liga won already,
    It’s brilliant for Liverpool to be where they are , hopefully city have a hangover from last night
    Oh I knew the European Cup part. I did not know the Wolves part...stop scaring me haha!

The season could collapse for City, but Pep will be very determined to clinch the title. City are lucky they aren't clashing with a big rival at the weekend after this result. Jesus it was a major collapse last night the more I think of it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (05-05-22)

Reviews

I’d still expect City to be mentally strong enough to win PL
    Yes , it would have been a bigger challenge had they been playing at 1230 on Saturday morning

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheSavannah For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (05-05-22), Ryankelvin (05-05-22)

Reviews

A couple of really bad ones for United -

2002 - away goals to Bayer Leverkusen in the semi finals. Roy Keane put us ahead in the second leg, but I remember your man Neuville or something like that beat Barthez into the corner. Barthez was too short for a goalkeeper...he used to drive me fucking mad! The final that year was in Hampden Park and a brilliant Real Madrid team awaited us...alas it never happened.

2010 - away goals to an average Bayern Munich in the quarter finals. We lost the first leg 2-1, but got the away goal. In the second leg we were 3-0 up on the night, but one of the Brazilian twins was sent off for dragging a player down at the half line and we conceded two goals to win 3-2 on the night, but out on away goals. I shit you not I ended up flat on my back on the sitting room carpet staring up at the ceiling...the missus had done a runner haha. A fairly average Inter Milan won that year under Jose... United missed a great opportunity.

We all know how City fans are feeling this morning.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (05-05-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Divine View Post
    White all the wayyyyy...

My God, thought we were not going to make it! What a game!! Unbelievable !!!
    Call the cops, man city were robbed

Would Madrid's name be on the trophy
    By any chance 🙏🙏🤞

Big smile on my face anyway especially thinking of the chances that w**let grelish missed 😄😄

Reviews

I really don't like the sounds of the new format from 2024 on...it's actually a load of shite. It's just about the money now. It's likely that some of the top leagues will have up to five teams in the competition...that doesn't sound like the "CHAMPIONS" League to me. When United won it in '99...we had finished runners up to Arsenal in the league the previous season and had to go through the qualifying round. They are trying to pretend it's not about the money, but it stinks. It seems to me that it's going to be a big league table situation with the top whatever amount qualifying for the knockout stages and the rest going into a play off situation? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Frauds the lot of them and they tried to claim the Super League was a money cop out (which it was), but this is a similar cop out.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (11-05-22), Tony344 (11-05-22)

Reviews

Agreed rocker but then I am of a vintage that remembers when it was only the winners of each league that competed for the cup. I don’t even think it was seeded back then, once they changed that format it was only for money, that is why Imalso fundamentally disagree with the winners of the europa league qualifying and I stated that before West Ham got knocked out so it is not sour grapes

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerman View Post
    I really don't like the sounds of the new format from 2024 on...it's actually a load of shite. It's just about the money now. It's likely that some of the top leagues will have up to five teams in the competition...that doesn't sound like the "CHAMPIONS" League to me. When United won it in '99...we had finished runners up to Arsenal in the league the previous season and had to go through the qualifying round. They are trying to pretend it's not about the money, but it stinks. It seems to me that it's going to be a big league table situation with the top whatever amount qualifying for the knockout stages and the rest going into a play off situation? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Frauds the lot of them and they tried to claim the Super League was a money cop out (which it was), but this is a similar cop out.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (11-05-22), Ryankelvin (11-05-22), Tony344 (11-05-22)

Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast