Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Madness

Reviews

Yeah, the English premium on players is crazy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

Toolbox (30-07-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    It seems that villa will accept citys offer. And as tom said its up to jack now as to what he does. Shall i stay or shall i go, which will he choose.
    Grealish doesn`t do sentiment. He will go to the Etihad.
    The Truth is out there.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (01-08-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Grealish doesn`t do sentiment. He will go to the Etihad.
    He thought nothing of turning his arse to Ireland, so it will not bother him to do same with Villa
    Villa have agreed a fee with Dortmund for leon Bailey, so that should speed up Jacks departure

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulstevens For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (01-08-21)

So how good is ben white, is he the answer to their defensive problems. Must be years since they had a proper centre back.
    We have been in need for a good centre back pairing for a long time. Most will probably disagree but we haven´t seen a decent pairing since the early days of Koscielny and Mertesacker (who was terribly slow but defensively positioned himself well in most cases).
    I have not seen White play that much but he seems like a good investment, he´s young & talented but most importantly...he seems composed.

At 50m, I guess he is expected to start. The safe bet would be that Gabriel and White will become the main centre backs with Mari and Holding being benched.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (02-08-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TomEA View Post
    We have been in need for a good centre back pairing for a long time. Most will probably disagree but we haven´t seen a decent pairing since the early days of Koscielny and Mertesacker (who was terribly slow but defensively positioned himself well in most cases).
    I have not seen White play that much but he seems like a good investment, he´s young & talented but most importantly...he seems composed.

At 50m, I guess he is expected to start. The safe bet would be that Gabriel and White will become the main centre backs with Mari and Holding being benched.
    I think White is a good Investment, he is showing tremendous promise, and is needed badly in central defence
    When i was reading post, and got to "Arsenal haven't had a decent defencive pairing"
    I was expecting Keown and Adams to be honest,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulstevens For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paulstevens View Post
    I think White is a good Investment, he is showing tremendous promise, and is needed badly in central defence
    When i was reading post, and got to "Arsenal haven't had a decent defencive pairing"
    I was expecting Keown and Adams to be honest,
    Trying not to stretch too far into the past. Always thought Kosc was underrated in the league when he played.

But yes, big Ben will hopefully give us a bit more cover on that right side and be able to pass out from the back with a bit more consistency. Thats what Arteta is looking for from what I can tell.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (02-08-21)

I did say "since" lads Im sure I could name numerous other centre back pairings better than Kosc and Per but they were probably the last trustworthy pairing we had.

Im not sure you could play Holding over Gabriel being that Gabby plays on the left and Holding on the right. If you had to switch Gabby out for one, it would probably end up being Mari.
    He had a cracking start to his PL campaign, played fantastically and never really recovered after this covid bout. Hopefully a good rest over the summer might bring him back to his older form.
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (02-08-21), westcorklad (04-08-21)

Reviews

If city do buy grealish then will they also buy harry kane for 100M.
    I have no doubt they could or would, might be an issue with FFP, but it never bothered them in past
    City, United and Chelsea are really pushing the boat out

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulstevens For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (04-08-21)

― Dan Brown, Inferno

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Paulstevens (02-08-21)

Reviews

Villa are spending jacks money already. They sign danny ings on a 3 year contract.
    Villa kept the signing of Ings very quiet, he will be a great signing if he can stay fit, they also complete the signing of Leon Bailey from Leverkusen, i think i said Dortmund recently

Is lukaku on his way to chelsea?
    I see he has asked inter to accept a reasonable offer, 85M plus Markus Alonso wasn't reasonable, 120 M euros appears to be Inters valuation, a lot of money for him, but he is a top striker

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulstevens For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (04-08-21)

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast