Thread: Anti Virus Software Recommendation

Reviews

Default Anti Virus Software Recommendation

Good evening Everyone,
    With the recent hacking of the HSE databases and the possibility that the hackers have sold the stolen info onto criminals, they could have access to our e-mails etc, could anyone recommend anti viral software that you would recommend for a PC (that is used for home general use only - like internet banking etc). If these hackers can break into government IT systems what chance do we have if they stumble on our PC's.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeoMan For This Useful Post:

flirtyman (25-05-21)

Reviews

Last edited by IDF2; 24-05-21 at 21:02. Reason: And free.

I was under the impression that the in-built anti-virus that's baked into Windows 10 kinda renders the likes of AVG and Avast etc redundant?

Assuming that it is then the likes of AVG/Avast are just going to slow down your PC/laptop for no good reason.

If you're still running Windows 7 or, heaven forbid, older versions of Windows then you'd really need to upgrade.

Reviews

Windows defender does a really good job on its own on Win 10. In combination with adblockers that can save you from clicking on some unwanted boring pop ups offering to speed up your computer if you just download their free software that turns out to be adware or worse, really not much to worry about. Microsoft already has your data, and there is no such thing as free software. If it says its free, you and your data are what is for sale.
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bukar For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (25-05-21)

Reviews

kapersky is good software & woth the money.

Avoid Norton , it's a rip off, PC world/Currys sell it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmbiValent View Post
    I was under the impression that the in-built anti-virus that's baked into Windows 10 kinda renders the likes of AVG and Avast etc redundant?

Assuming that it is then the likes of AVG/Avast are just going to slow down your PC/laptop for no good reason.

If you're still running Windows 7 or, heaven forbid, older versions of Windows then you'd really need to upgrade.
    And what would that anti virus be?

No such thing.

Download one of those now pal!!

Reviews

You do not have to pay for an Anti-Virus. The best ones are fee.

Reviews

Best to use different antivirus on each device. I've had 2 occasions where I ended up down to one clean device but I could use that to scan the others.

If you're still using Windows 7, there's like, an upgrade man, like Dude, c'mon.

https://media.giphy.com/media/BvA5ZclLIrkyI/giphy.gif
    Last edited by flirtyman; 25-05-21 at 18:55.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flirtyman For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (25-05-21)

Reviews

Always been an ESET man myself.
    Ver low affect on the performance of
    the computer and very good virus cover
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9/11 moon landings were an outside job