Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccination

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    This whole argument that the vaccines have been rushed through is nonsense. The pharmaceutical companies have been working on these vaccines for many many years since SARS first appeared.
    Not rushed through but indirectly forced on ppl. Wonder what year they plan on charging for them? Like the gov. Wait a few years and you'll see the taxes and all the other bullshit they'll level at us.

Westside

I don't know what's going on in this thread lately.Just wanted to say that I've my 2nd shot coming up soon (not old, got bumped up list for asthma) and I've 15 months of fucking to catch up on.
    Budget saved up...eagerly watching my wish list to see who will be around Sligo/Mayo/Galway m,iddle of June.

Bring it on!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pete cavan For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (22-05-21), LLLLL (22-05-21)

Returned.

Enjoying the open discussion. Lets leave the personal jabs/shit slinging and it will remain.
    (I´ll be discussing some posts/posters today with Savannah)
    Last edited by TomEA; 25-05-21 at 07:05.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

TheSavannah (25-05-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TomEA View Post
    Returned.

Enjoying the open discussion. Lets leave the personal jabs/shit slinging and it will remain.
    And what is being done about the offensive / abusive instigators? Threats were made in posts and apart from deletions seems no incentive not to repeat that?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    And what is being done about the offensive / abusive instigators? Threats were made in posts and apart from deletions seems no incentive not to repeat that?
    Apologise, I had edited my above post but you seem to have caught me beforehand.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TomEA View Post
    Apologise, I had edited my above post but you seem to have caught me beforehand.
    The proposal that my second shot be a bullet?

Take all the time you need... :/

The vaccines weren't developed at a suspiciously fast rate. They were developed "faster than normal" because of a number of factors. Most pharmaceutical companies and research labs dropped everything to work on it as if the world economy depended on it - which it did/does. Then red tape was cut, not testing, which allowed it to come to market sooner. Additionally, there are new techniques (such as mRNA) which speed things up, along with faster supercomputer modelling and a worldwide investment in finding a cure. Add these factors up and you had a vaccine delivered in record time. The Pfizer vaccine is perfectly safe, as it only introduces spike proteins, which are the way the vaccine attaches itself to your body. That's all the body has to learn to fight off, there is no single cell of the virus injected into you, simply a way of teaching the body how to fight off the part of the virus that it uses to attach itself to your body. As mentioned by several people, taking the vaccine is not necessarily just for you, it's for the herd - all of us. If not enough people take it we don't achieve herd immunity and so it sticks around and has opportunities to mutate into something that the vaccines can't battle against, in which case we're right back to square one.

Simply put, everyone not taking the vaccine is risking putting us all back to day one of the pandemic fighting against a vaccine that scientists have yet again to find a way to combat. Sounds like a huge statement, and it is.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrReasonable For This Useful Post:

Arianna (25-05-21), ShyRedViking (25-05-21), Stephanie (25-05-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrReasonable View Post
    The vaccines weren't developed at a suspiciously fast rate. They were developed "faster than normal" because of a number of factors. Most pharmaceutical companies and research labs dropped everything to work on it as if the world economy depended on it - which it did/does. Then red tape was cut, not testing, which allowed it to come to market sooner. Additionally, there are new techniques (such as mRNA) which speed things up, along with faster supercomputer modelling and a worldwide investment in finding a cure. Add these factors up and you had a vaccine delivered in record time. The Pfizer vaccine is perfectly safe, as it only introduces spike proteins, which are the way the vaccine attaches itself to your body. That's all the body has to learn to fight off, there is no single cell of the virus injected into you, simply a way of teaching the body how to fight off the part of the virus that it uses to attach itself to your body. As mentioned by several people, taking the vaccine is not necessarily just for you, it's for the herd - all of us. If not enough people take it we don't achieve herd immunity and so it sticks around and has opportunities to mutate into something that the vaccines can't battle against, in which case we're right back to square one.

Simply put, everyone not taking the vaccine is risking putting us all back to day one of the pandemic fighting against a vaccine that scientists have yet again to find a way to combat. Sounds like a huge statement, and it is.
    seems only ones winning are pharmaceutical companies though and we are just pawns
    Anyone else notice more and more rules and regulations being introduced to keep us in our place and don't you think that's Unreasonable, MrReasonable

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WeeJimmy View Post
    seems only ones winning are pharmaceutical companies though and we are just pawns
    Anyone else notice more and more rules and regulations being introduced to keep us in our place and don't you think that's Unreasonable, MrReasonable
    And do you think what's happening in India is reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeJimmy View Post
    The only ones winning are big pharma? We're ALL winning if we can defeat this vaccine. Otherwise we just continue as we do now, in which case we're ALL losing. How is that not obvious?

You're being offered a solution to this whole mess and you complain about how much pharma is making? Would you do that for any other medicines if you had any other disease that was killing you? Or would you be grateful that there was a cure out there and your government was giving it to you for free? I suspect the latter.

As for keeping us in our place, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. What place is that? Safe from a disease that has already killed 3.5 million people worldwide and could have killed tens of millions had we not got vaccines and procedures to protect ourselves against it? Sometimes small freedoms have to be sacrificed for once-in-a-century pandemics, otherwise you end up with the Spanish flu (which killed 50 million people who didn't have these things to protect them). It's hardly a nanny state because you were asked to limit the spread of a disease for a while. Just as well this generation never had to go to war or experience REAL trauma.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrReasonable For This Useful Post:

ShyRedViking (26-05-21), Stephanie (25-05-21)

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast