Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I'll miss from lockdowns.

Blog Entries

Default Things I'll miss from lockdowns.

Traffic. The lockdowns were brilliant for this. It was so easy to drive around. Now youve got all these gobshites driving around. Espeicially women. Would you ppl learn to drive plz? I'm an easy guy. That's all I ask.

Nightclubs. No loss to society imo. All the hassle they cause. Most ppl have too much to drink before they even go into them.

Checkpoints. It looks like Westville is under seige now that the boys in blue are back around again. Maybe garda bean is amongst them.

Westside
    Last edited by Westsidex; 16-05-21 at 10:53.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (16-05-21), TonyB (16-05-21)

Reviews

Couldn't agree more.

I've noticed the Gardai using checkpoints now with their ANPR cameras and driving up and down the quays in Dublin again with their ANPR cameras.

Obviously told to get in Revenue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

S94310 (16-05-21)

5. Default

i do agree with you about the traffic during the lockdown Idrive to dublin everyday from the country and yes there was great comfort but its practically as bad as ever a ever again
    i live alone now and i really mis not being able to go out for a pint and a bit of food

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

I've noticed the Gardai using checkpoints now with their ANPR cameras and driving up and down the quays in Dublin again with their ANPR cameras.

Obviously told to get in Revenue.
    The guards must have had fuck all to do during the lockdowns as the amount of people caught for speeding was huge. Hiding up laneways with guns that can catch you from a mile away. Government must have instructed them to recoup some of the PUP money.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JMastodon For This Useful Post:

TonyB (16-05-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Traffic. The lockdowns were brilliant for this. It was so easy to drive around. Now youve got all these gobshites driving around. Espeicially women. Would you ppl learn to drive plz? I'm an easy guy. That's all I ask.

Nightclubs. No loss to society imo. All the hassle they cause. Most ppl have too much to drink before they even go into them.

Checkpoints. It looks like Westville is under seige now that the boys in blue are back around again. Maybe garda bean is amongst them.

Westside
    Yeah, with the lack of traffic I had loads more time in the mornings to walk the dog and learn piano. I’ll certainly miss that when things return to normal.

Reviews

Well, you are in for a treat. 100% sure a fourth lockdown will happen and this is just a temporary opening.

Reviews

Here's a crazy thought. Stick to the speed limit and you want have to pay the "revenue".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

@pegmyass85

Ah dogoodery - so common these days. Bet you never did anything wrong or against the law your entire life!

What about paying for sex for a start?
    Last edited by JMastodon; 16-05-21 at 14:36.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pegmyass85 View Post
    Here's a crazy thought. Stick to the speed limit and you want have to pay the "revenue".
    60 mph road for decades and speed reduced to 60 km for no good reason. Take your dogooder attitude elsewhere.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JMastodon For This Useful Post:

TonyB (16-05-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JMastodon View Post
    60 mph road for decades and speed reduced to 60 km for no good reason. Take your dogooder attitude elsewhere.
    Most speed limits are extremely inconvenient and at completely uncalled for places. It's like they are only designed with 3-4 hours from the day in mind, when there actually is heavy traffic, or just to give desk jockeys something to do or to appease general public that knows no-better. It's not spoken about by the rsa, but awfully placed speed limits can and do contribute to fatigue and potential accidents. Slow isn't safe; in fact slow drivers on fast-paced roads are likely to cause accidents.

I believe that road policing should be changed from preventive to repressive. Speed limits should be a "suggestion" and breaking them should be taken into account when one causes an accident while going over with more severe punishments than now. The only places for speed limits to be actively policed should be several really dangerous bends and hills.

just my worthless opinion

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderik For This Useful Post:

Bukar (16-05-21)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast