Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeehaw ! Ride that wave

Thumbs down Yeehaw ! Ride that wave

Bollixed ppl !

Restrictions somewhat eased - go ballistic .

In meantime African Cluster amongst them .

: when a Scientist says “we are very concerned” , and “not good news” - yees are fe.ked

Go London !! Parteee 🎉 🎈 🎊 !!!

And just fe.k the world ! : because it Spreads : from there to here and everywhere .

Like the UK variant became dominant all over Europe and caused the horrid 3rd wave ,

now African will take over ( vaccine not as effective against this one Plus ! Most ppl have had only 1 dose ! ) ,

and Ride that Wave !! : just as we’d be recovering from this 3rd , say Hello to next .

But Parteeeeeeee London !!

Leadership - I have no words .

expanded thumbnail
    07:50

Fast spread of coronavirus variants 'could see lockdown easing reversed' as scientists 'very concerned' about cluster in London

Professor Peter Openshaw, a scientist advising the government, has said the clusters of cases of the South African variant found in Lambeth and Wandsworth are "not good news".

Some 44 cases of the variant have been found in the areas, with another 30 probable infections identified, prompting local authorities to roll-out surge testing for all those living and working in the areas.

Speaking to Newsnight, Professor Openshaw said: "A lot of we scientists are very concerned about what's happening at the moment.

"I think we're all just hoping that the staged reduction in lockdown is going to be ok. It is being done reasonably cautiously but I think this is not good news.

"If we get rapid spread of the South African or other more resistant variants, it may well be that we are going to have to put the reductions of lockdown into reverse."

The South African variant is thought to be more resistant to vaccines.

“Lockdown easing Reversed” — how well will That go with dumasses !?

: if they’re showing ‘44’ cases today , there be 400 in the community ! Unchecked ! Partying .

I’m well and good tired of it all .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Stephanie you need to focus on what's happening in the US where I believe your based ... unfortunately I do find your continuous threads quite opinionated such as this or Belfast, COVID and a few others ... a Jack of all trades is a master of none
    Kisses
    Mistress Megaera

X: @Megaera

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistressMonique For This Useful Post:

annabel taylor (17-04-21), ford pefect (18-04-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Bollixed ppl !

Restrictions somewhat eased - go ballistic .

In meantime African Cluster amongst them .

: when a Scientist says “we are very concerned” , and “not good news” - yees are fe.ked

Go London !! Parteee 🎉 🎈 🎊 !!!

And just fe.k the world ! : because it Spreads : from there to here and everywhere .

Like the UK variant became dominant all over Europe and caused the horrid 3rd wave ,

now African will take over ( vaccine not as effective against this one Plus ! Most ppl have had only 1 dose ! ) ,

and Ride that Wave !! : just as we’d be recovering from this 3rd , say Hello to next .

But Parteeeeeeee London !!

Leadership - I have no words .

expanded thumbnail
    07:50

Fast spread of coronavirus variants 'could see lockdown easing reversed' as scientists 'very concerned' about cluster in London

Professor Peter Openshaw, a scientist advising the government, has said the clusters of cases of the South African variant found in Lambeth and Wandsworth are "not good news".

Some 44 cases of the variant have been found in the areas, with another 30 probable infections identified, prompting local authorities to roll-out surge testing for all those living and working in the areas.

Speaking to Newsnight, Professor Openshaw said: "A lot of we scientists are very concerned about what's happening at the moment.

"I think we're all just hoping that the staged reduction in lockdown is going to be ok. It is being done reasonably cautiously but I think this is not good news.

"If we get rapid spread of the South African or other more resistant variants, it may well be that we are going to have to put the reductions of lockdown into reverse."

The South African variant is thought to be more resistant to vaccines.

“Lockdown easing Reversed” — how well will That go with dumasses !?

: if they’re showing ‘44’ cases today , there be 400 in the community ! Unchecked ! Partying .

I’m well and good tired of it all .
    But what do you want them to do? They can't stay locked down forever. Unlike the EU, they got their thumbs out and got the vaccine rolled out.

There is a responsibility to reopen if the vulnerable are protected. Control international influx and prepare boosters for new variants. Monitor the numbers and change strategy based on that.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

TonyB (20-04-21)

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMonique View Post
    Stephanie you need to focus on what's happening in the US where I believe your based ... unfortunately I do find your continuous threads quite opinionated such as this or Belfast, COVID and a few others ... a Jack of all trades is a master of none

Regardless of where she is based, she is in this case speaking sense.

Case numbers are rising in the UK, and I have had just had a very long conversation with a friend who is extremely well informed, and it does look like we are in for a 4th wave in the summer and the vaccines may no be much use against some of the new variants expected.

We need to accept that we have to live with this probably for at least another year if not longer.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    But what do you want them to do? They can't stay locked down forever. Unlike the EU, they got their thumbs out and got the vaccine rolled out.

There is a responsibility to reopen if the vulnerable are protected. Control international influx and prepare boosters for new variants. Monitor the numbers and change strategy based on that.

Yes they got the vaccine rolled out quicker, while the EU was a lot more cautious, but there death toll is horrific and maybe they should have been more cautious in the past. Hindsight is a great thing, as is common sense, but surely with all we know at this stage surely it is obvious that reopening should be very cautious given what has happened in the past.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    Yes they got the vaccine rolled out quicker, while the EU was a lot more cautious, but there death toll is horrific and maybe they should have been more cautious in the past. Hindsight is a great thing, as is common sense, but surely with all we know at this stage surely it is obvious that reopening should be very cautious given what has happened in the past.
    Easy to say that if you are financially solvent, don't have to put food on your children's plates, don't have a mortgage to pay.

The UK effed up royally, but that is old news, we're not living in the past.

If we locked down for every news article we'd never open again. It has to be based on risk. Right now they're head and shoulders ahead of anyone else, and so long as the vulnerable are vaccinated, it is going to be a tough argument against easing restrictions.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

annabel taylor (17-04-21), TonyB (20-04-21)

Reviews

they say it be around til 2025, we be getting Lots of jabs every year or twice for some, what next, we'll all be just walking Pin Cushions

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMonique View Post
    Stephanie you need to focus on what's happening in the US where I believe your based ... unfortunately I do find your continuous threads quite opinionated such as this or Belfast , COVID and a few others ... a Jack of all trades is a master of none
    I do appreciate you have an opinion xxx however I much less appreciate you trying to tell me what to do .

: there are plenty other threads to read / comment on , no ?

This one will affect you not in the tiniest bit

Or perhaps you could put up your own content and contribute ?

And now that you mention Belfast :

May I ask what you found so objectionably “opinionated” about my query !?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

TonyB (20-04-21)

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post

As to my understanding the S. Afr. variant is still limited to a relatively small region :

44 confirmed , 30 plus suspected? cases .

: Lockdown that region and Test Every single person : it’s been done elsewhere .

Otherwise bad tidings for them , for all .

In my very humble opinion - and I hope I am wrong : unlike when I was labeled ‘hysterical’ in Jan 2020 ..

: which reminds me - where’s Daddio !? ~ WhoseYourDaddy I think his proper board name ?? Xx

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    As to my understanding the S. Afr. variant is still limited to a relatively small region :

44 confirmed , 30 plus suspected? cases .

: Lockdown that region and Test Every single person : it’s been done elsewhere .

Otherwise bad tidings for them , for all .

In my very humble opinion - and I hope I am wrong : unlike when I was labeled ‘hysterical’ in Jan 2020 ..

: which reminds me - where’s Daddio !? ~ WhoseYourDaddy I think his proper board name ?? Xx
    The j&j vaccine was largely tested against the SA variant and still highly effective.

I agree with your approach but none of us here make policy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-04-21)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast