Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What the heck is going on in Belfast !??

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bogman View Post
    I'm living in it as we speak. Mixed marriage as well so I can see both sides so to speak, wife Catholic and I'm Protestant.

As usual fault lies for the latest trouble on both sides both politicians and paramilitaries. The Bobby Storey funeral caused a big rift in things to start, they lied and broke the law and PSNI went along with it to keep the peace so to speak but came out of it looking weak and ineffective. There is still lots of resentment on both sides amongst the normal people as to why the rules were flouted on the numbers at the funeral. The apologies from SF were insincere and took no responsibility for their actions, just they apologised that people were hurt not that they caused the hurt.

But we moved on and were making good progress with the vaccine etc so better times ahead. Then the decision to not prosecute any of the attendees was announced and that stirred it up again. Plus the ongoing issues with the Brexit.

Might have been fine but for the dickhead from the DUP Gordon Lyons who said people would be offended and might protest and low and behold what happens?

A large degree of the protest is orchestrated by the Loyalist paramilitary gangs who have been under pressure from the Police investigating their drug running and other gangster activities.

Collum Eastwood from SDLP made a very salient and wise observation. How many of the rioters could tell you anything about the NI Protocol that they are allegedly protesting about? Its mostly thuggery, gangsterism and recreational rioting that raises its ugly head every so often here and has done so for many many years.
    Bogman, Bobby Storey was just an easy excuse to get the violence started but SF didn't handle it well at all and should of at least accepted a fine for every member that breached lockdown rules but nothing. Both the DUP and SF parties are as bad as each other and are so self-absorbed and have let the people down.

You got to remember too about the paramilitaries involved here in drugs etc and Brexit has really messed things up for them so they are far from happy with how its going.
    Last edited by seriousguy; 10-04-21 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogman View Post
    I'm living in it as we speak. Mixed marriage as well so I can see both sides so to speak, wife Catholic and I'm Protestant.

As usual fault lies for the latest trouble on both sides both politicians and paramilitaries. The Bobby Storey funeral caused a big rift in things to start, they lied and broke the law and PSNI went along with it to keep the peace so to speak but came out of it looking weak and ineffective. There is still lots of resentment on both sides amongst the normal people as to why the rules were flouted on the numbers at the funeral. The apologies from SF were insincere and took no responsibility for their actions, just they apologised that people were hurt not that they caused the hurt.

But we moved on and were making good progress with the vaccine etc so better times ahead. Then the decision to not prosecute any of the attendees was announced and that stirred it up again. Plus the ongoing issues with the Brexit.

Might have been fine but for the dickhead from the DUP Gordon Lyons who said people would be offended and might protest and low and behold what happens?

A large degree of the protest is orchestrated by the Loyalist paramilitary gangs who have been under pressure from the Police investigating their drug running and other gangster activities.

Collum Eastwood from SDLP made a very salient and wise observation. How many of the rioters could tell you anything about the NI Protocol that they are allegedly protesting about? Its mostly thuggery, gangsterism and recreational rioting that raises its ugly head every so often here and has done so for many many years.

And that's it in a nutshell

Also seen one of the men charged and held in custody is a prod married to a catholic, has 2 kids and she is expecting her 3rd.

The religion is a smokescreen, it is thugs and criminals, and 100% the politicians are part of the problem, SF and the DUP are both a disgrace to the people they are meant to be serving.

Bring back the chuckle brothers, 2 of the most dangerous people in the height of the troubles who saw a better way.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noregrets For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (11-04-21)

Reviews

DUP has now destroyed Northern Ireland and when they were in Government with the Conservatives under Theresa May, they were getting a much better deal and fewer barriers but yet again they were that stubborn to back it so they did not accept it and ended up with a must worst deal that is crippling the North and plunging it back into violence.

Sadly Boris and his government does not care who is hurt or killed here as long as it does not come across to England and it won't.
    In fact he would love to get shut of it for good as its a major pain and he would love to see a United Ireland as be good outcome for them and its heading that way and the Loyalists / Unionists know this too

I wonder who has a bigger cock Michelle O Neill or Arline Foster. One threesome that might scare you for life.
    Move out of the Capital the & tour the Emerald Isle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Limerickguy1 For This Useful Post:

Noregrets (11-04-21)

Reviews

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (11-04-21), Noregrets (11-04-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    It's desperate to think that in this day and age this sort of thing still goes on up here. We may have moved a long way forward since the Hume-Adams talks but there will always be an element that want to drag us back to the stone age (No pun intended).
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

BarryD (11-04-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    It's desperate to think that in this day and age this sort of thing still goes on up here. We may have moved a long way forward since the Hume-Adams talks but there will always be an element that want to drag us back to the stone age (No pun intended).
    Here Here Barney
    watched this the other day... always goes back to the same rhetoric.
    Ireland has moved on from all this nonsense, it is 2021, a new modern era, my feeling is these guys will eventually be left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Limerickguy1 View Post
    I wonder who has a bigger cock Michelle O Neill or Arline Foster. One threesome that WOULD scare you for life.

Fixed that

Reviews

“It has drawn up a list of people in the area they suspect of being Catholics, or living with Catholics”

Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

14. The Following User Says Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (12-04-21)

Generation after generation of hate. When religion is bred out of far in the distant future generations, then we'll only hate and wage war over resources. (And race and A.I. and.....)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to captainwagger For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (13-04-21)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast