Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crypto Currency. Where is it going?

1. Default

Some pretty solid advice here. I also suggest that btc and eth are some of the best investments for the long term. Even with a crash incoming those currencies will be worth holding.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkyWanker69 View Post
    Some pretty solid advice here. I also suggest that btc and eth are some of the best investments for the long term. Even with a crash incoming those currencies will be worth holding.
    I wouldn't buy either of them right now.
    I did buy btc @ 27,000 and ETH @ 1,700 last July but cashed them both in @ 50% profit. Pity I didn't HODL a bit longer but I grew up believing that 20% was a good return on any investment.
    Rinse and repeat.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    I remember some discussion about Bitcoin around this time last year and my feeling was that anyone with money invested should consider getting out.
    How wrong I was.
    €1000 invested in Bitcoin 12 months ago would be worth over €7000 today. €1000 invested in Ethereum would be worth over €12000 today. Presuming that I did the maths correctly. I know that past performance is no guarantee of how these funds might grow in the future. But I cant help thinking that I've been backing the wrong horse. With that in mind I've taken half of my punting fund and spread it around a bit.
    Fingers crossed. I remember what happened back in 2008 when I thought it would be smart to buy shares in Bank of Ireland.
    You should always view these things as part of an investment strategy.
    That is High risk V Low risk
    Liquid V Illiquid
    Crypto can be a mugs game and it depends on the 'Greater fool' idea you just have to decide if you're the greater or the lesser fool (and I'm not trying to be insulting).
    So decide your Investment strategy depending on your taste for risk (BTW Irish bank shares were never a good idea as never invest everything in a single asset class, that's managing risk 101).

Decide what you're prepared to lose and by all means go into Crypto and take the profits if they are there but don't cry over spilled milk if you can't find a bigger fool.

Reviews

I bought a variety of different ones 2 weeks ago
    5 coins tanked.
    1 is sightly up.
    I'm down about 10k. Lol

Everyone says wait a month or so and they'll recover.
    I think I'll stick to my day job. Lol

If you are investing in alt coins, patience is key. Just drop a small amount like you would pay for a burrito or whatever you would treat yourself for lunch/dinner. Then you just forget about it and check again in 1 month time if you can help it!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I bought a variety of different ones 2 weeks ago
    5 coins tanked.
    1 is sightly up.
    I'm down about 10k. Lol

Everyone says wait a month or so and they'll recover.
    I think I'll stick to my day job. Lol
    So you decided on a buy high sell low strategy.
    Yes I expect the market to recover. But when that happens take your money out and wait for the next dip. I predict one around 20th January.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

TonyB (09-12-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HeyThereDahlia View Post
    Binance now have their headquarters in Dublin
    This only means one thing
    A lot of irish investors are in the process of deleting their
    Accounts
    Ok. I'm a bit thick. I see no reason to delete my account?
    Perhaps you might explain this for me?

Reviews

2 things in life are unavoidable, death and taxes.
    Digital currency isn't as untraceable as they would like us to believe. As an Irish resident and citizen there is little option but to pay the damn tax. Otherwise the penalties and interest is rather severe.

Binance do not ‘now have there headquarters in Dublin’ …. This is not true. There are plans to make moves here but this not established. Their HQ is still in the Cayman Islands.
    Last edited by Pblinder; 09-12-21 at 09:42.

I’m unsure as to why you are giving me this extra information. I am well aware of this and am qualified in the area of tax.
    I am simply going on what you said ….. ‘Binance now have their headquarters in Dublin’…..This is false information. Yes there was an article in the Independent at the end of November on this where it said there were plans in the pipeline to establish a base.
    Again , Binance headquarters are not in Dublin like you initially posted. I’m Just informing people that this is not true.
    Registering a name with .ie means little.
    Also, revenue is not as up-to-date with crypto in this country as you might think.
    If you’re relying on Reddit for your education I understand your mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyThereDahlia View Post
    But it’s in the pipeline
    I remember reading the article in the independent a few weeks ago
    And binance registered a new name binance IE or something.
    An irish investor was explaining only yesterday the situation .
    That investors were having to issues deleting their accounts in anticipation of binance audits .
    Transferring crypto to other exchanges , making a strategic plan and declaring taxes year end
    Instead of an unexpected audit .
    I hear this is the reason why a lot of irish investors don’t use coinbase , because of the audits

Taxes are unavoidable but every crypto investor will seek creative
    Ways to maximise profits.

The capital gains tax in Ireland is only tax free on €1,270 per year And
    Then taxed at 40-51 percent depending on the portfolio.

There is a ton of information on Reddit and out there in general in this area
    Last edited by Pblinder; 09-12-21 at 13:41.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast