Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Crypto Currency. Where is it going?

Blog Entries

Am I invited?
    Last edited by TheSavannah; 04-06-21 at 15:03. Reason: Quote deleted

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSavannah For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (09-04-21), MartaMod (12-05-21)

Reviews

It's really interesting stuff, I follow that guy beeple on Instagram and saw he sold a piece for over 6 million... That's wild.

The honeymoon sounds splendid. All E.I. users and mods are invited to the afterparty. Naked Rock the boat could be the next trendy sex position, be there for the first trial!
    Last edited by TheSavannah; 04-06-21 at 15:03. Reason: Quote deleted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FullIrish For This Useful Post:

TheSavannah (09-04-21)

Reviews

It's been a week since I started trading and I've had plenty of ups and downs, but I'm 10% up for the week. That's more return in a week than I've seen from a bank in 10 years. Now if only I had more capital to invest.

Which platform are you on

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    It's been a week since I started trading and I've had plenty of ups and downs, but I'm 10% up for the week. That's more return in a week than I've seen from a bank in 10 years. Now if only I had more capital to invest.
    Nothing beats the euphoria of riding a pump.... ;-)

Heh, tbh if you're only a week into gambl^H^H^H^H^Htrading you have _got_ to remember to set stops. Choose an entry and an exit. Dont margin trade unless you're willing to get liquidated, and learning to use a trailing stop - assuming your exchange supports it - will help ensure you take some profits on a good entry. For the love of Dog dont buy into the diamond hands bullshit. Going in now is riding the euphoria wave of the cycle, which is similar to when folks got badly rekt in Jan 2018. Like badly. Final piece of unsolicited advice, Irish tax considers each trade an exchange of assets so it is liable for CGT. Its easier to get used to paying it because if you do make enough, it suddenly becomes a bit more noticeable. Oh yeh, record your trades since some of the bigger exchanges only keep ~3 months worth of history. Play safe
    Last edited by Rivien; 13-04-21 at 15:57.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rivien For This Useful Post:

FullIrish (13-04-21), philipkntz (15-04-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by james12013 View Post
    Which platform are you on
    The Barter Platform is looking good. 1 Dahlia for 6 loaves of brown bread.

Reviews

If he is smart, he has made his money back again, but by the sound of things he was partying on the taxman's cut, so not smart.
    Last edited by TheSavannah; 04-06-21 at 15:04. Reason: Quote deleted

11. Default

Sure I can poke around. I briefly took a look yesterday and it is amusing, though what immediately puts me off is that its ethereum based. Less so because of the tech, and more because the price of gas is insane. I have yet to see any meaningful strides to bring eth transaction fees back into the realm of sanity. A swap on uniswap/sushiswap will set you back ~$46, and even a single ERC20 transfer will cost an average of ~$15.19. Are you keen on the incentivization/content tipping side of it, or are you just looking for a way to make it easier for clients to make anonymous payments? If the latter, there are likely better alternatives. If the former, then thats a different story.

In terms of price pumps, yes. Many have gone up several thousand percent over the last 5 or so months. This last bull run has been, and seems to continue to be, pretty intense. New btc ath yesterday!

12. Default

"He partied hard celebrating his “gains “ over Christmas and woke
    Up after a 2 day hangover and his binance account was
    Down 84% . "

Your comment about Binance just triggered another idea you could consider. Your clients may want to look at the Binance card. Its a debit card, backed by visa, issued by a bank in Lithuania and you fund it from your binance account. You can either fund it in EUR, or a variety of Crypto (not all types are available obviously). I use it and so far no hassles. I havent had to try navigate any fraud disputes yet, but to be backed by Visa there has to be some form of governance. Of course its also not entirely anonymous, so it might not meet your requirement but it does make it a bit simpler. You could then theoretically use more traditional payment providers which are also crypto and adult entertainment industry friendly.
    Last edited by Rivien; 14-04-21 at 11:09.

13. Default

Honestly, Im a little put off by Spankchain. They list "partners" on their site, but I cant find any reference to them on the partner sites. SkyPrivate have zero reference to them, and actually walk you through buying crypto to pay for their services. I tried signing up for JustForFans, but they dont like that I use a VPN so *shrug* SextPanther is cc based and doesnt reference crypto on their site. On the SpankChain site they refer to and link to "spank.live" which is supposedly their service, and guess what, its a dead link. The spank.live twitter account last posted in 2019. On the other hand, the SpankChain twitter account is fairly active. In aggregate when taking into account the insane gas prices, personally if I were a content provider I'd avoid it. But thats just me I did find an interesting/entertaining writeup from 2019 (https://decrypt.co/5898/inside-spank...imani-ethereum) which gives some insight into their history.

Maybe eth2.0 will be the saviour, but its been "the saviour" for a long time. Ill believe it when I see and then happily start using it. Though right now BSC is catching up to ETH and a lot new folks are moving across because it doesnt price out the average person on the street. As of today, Eth is slowing down mass adoption.

And hey, even if you do end up marrying the one brother, it could be a solid 15 year ride that turns into a great post-divorce friendship. Dont write it off till you try it

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast