Thread: Gogglebox.

Reviews

Default Gogglebox.

Just wondering has anyone ever watched Gogglebox on Channel 4 ?

I have watched snippets of it on occasion and I don't believe I have ever seen an Irish or Scottish family on it.

In these pc days it seems that the pc brigade have forgotten about us and our Scottish cousins.

Imagine the uproar if there were no Black or Asian families represented.

Just an observation. Anyone else notice anything unusual on popular TV programmes?
    Are we there yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Just wondering has anyone ever watched Gogglebox on Channel 4 ?

I have watched snippets of it on occasion and I don't believe I have ever seen an Irish or Scottish family on it.

In these pc days it seems that the pc brigade have forgotten about us and our Scottish cousins.

Imagine the uproar if there were no Black or Asian families represented.

Just an observation. Anyone else notice anything unusual on popular TV programmes?
    virgin media has an irish version, its great fun to watch, i dont normally watch reality tv, but this is good

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noregrets For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-02-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    virgin media has an irish version, its great fun to watch, i dont normally watch reality tv, but this is good
    I've never seen the Irish version, didn't even know it existed. Can't get Virgin Media through the Sky dish North of the border here and my aerial is banjaxed but I might see it someday.
    Are we there yet ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I've never seen the Irish version, didn't even know it existed. Can't get Virgin Media through the Sky dish North of the border here and my aerial is banjaxed but I might see it someday.
    Since Brexit I don't think inclusiveness is high up their list

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (06-08-21)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    Since Brexit I don't think inclusiveness is high up their list
    Some of the ones on Gogglebox(Ch4) showed just how little they understood the EU and furthermore how little they cared.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Magicman For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (06-08-21)

9. Default

I never knew the Irish version existed I must give it a go I'm expecting it to be funnier.

10. Default

I seen it years back, didn't know there was other versions now.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noregrets View Post
    Great fun? Reality TV? Goggle box couldn't be further from reality. You never see anyone picking their nose and flicking snot on it. Never see anyone having a good scratch. Or using derogatory slurs. Put a camera on top of your telly for an hour that's going to broadcast on national television and I guarantee you'll sit up straight in your chair and keep your hands out of your trousers. It's painfully contrite stuff, unnatural, nonsense