Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherrywood

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    After all cherrywood is only 10 minutes from sandyford.

But I suppose for those in shankill/Bray area it's a bit closer
    Well ten minutes by car, plus find parking, plus pay for parking. Lots of people myself included, living right next to a Luas stop don't have a car, so the 40+ euro return taxi trip to sandyford adds on to your punt.

There was a girl a stones throw from my place which I used twice. Very handy just going down in the lift, crossing the courtyard and ta-dah! There she is.

As another poster said, it depends on short term rentals.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by edhyde View Post
    Well ten minutes by car, plus find parking, plus pay for parking. Lots of people myself included, living right next to a Luas stop don't have a car, so the 40+ euro return taxi trip to sandyford adds on to your punt.

There was a girl a stones throw from my place which I used twice. Very handy just going down in the lift, crossing the courtyard and ta-dah! There she is.

As another poster said, it depends on short term rentals.
    Why not use the Luas instead of paying 40+ Euro for a taxi?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Too many are this way
    Stupid outdated government policy.

They pay no tax either.
    Did you know this?
    No tax if you're a foreign vulture fund.
    But you and I would give about 60% to the government.
    Bunch of idiots
    If you have the resources it's not very difficult to get around as an Irish owned fund either. Get a meeting with any tax consultant at PWC and they will lay it all out for you, no shame.

The entry level to these meetings is fairly substantial and the hourly rates are extortionate, we're talking thousands an hour easily. PWC won't talk to you unless the fund is in the 6 figures, but this is easy to get together if you know 5 people who make similar money to you. They show you how to set up a shell company (This is laughably easy to do if you have the right access, which any of the big four do...) How to divert monies out of the country and invest from abroad with your new "company", all while never leaving the country yourself. They advise you on what and where to invest. All of it.

Then the people doing the checks on these things are the same people who set up the operations to be checked in the first place! I can have PWC set this up for me and then it'll be checked and confirmed by an EY audit team who is tendered by the government because the government can't do this shite themselves. But this EY audit is led by a guy who either used to work for one of the other big four or is buddies with the PWC guy, or not. It doesn't matter because they never turn you away. They don't properly check where the money is coming from because they don't care. There's money coming into Ireland from all over the globe and Fine Gael are not just allowing it, they're encouraging it. They don't want to tax it because then that money will go to the public and not into their back pockets (one way or another, now or down the line people in government helping this shite always get paid).

It's bad here in Ireland, but much much worse in Britain. Over there it's a full on free for all to see who can loot the system the most. Fine Gael are Tories lite. But that's the goal for Fine Gael eventually, mass corruption in plain sight.

It's an absolute racket. I could go on and on about the shocking practices I've seen. And am involved with... I do feel some shame for my part in it but it's all a game really, I can't change it, and I'm not going to pass up opportunities for the sake of virtue signalling. Everyone involved in society is complicit in some way, don't kid yourself. May as well make bank in the meantime.

This is also all technically "legal". As my accountant says, it's not tax evasion, it's tax avoidance...
    Last edited by FullIrish; 15-02-21 at 11:23.

Reviews

Also, good luck reporting any of this to Revenue. The team they have to investigate tax fraud is unbelivably understaffed, underequipped and under skilled. One manager in tax in the big four probably is making more a year than the entire tax fraud team in Revenue.

Suspicious tax activities reported to Revenue are 99% small fry, it's your neibour reporting the fella down the road claiming disability while not needing it, it's your auntie reporting yer wan who is claiming unemployment while working two jobs.

Oireachtas was told it recovered €2.6 million from 4,734 reports in 2017, this is an absolute fucking joke. Tax evasion is into the multi-billions in this country and none of it will ever be followed up on because the government and the big boys are all in on it.

You can either burry your head in the sand about this or you can hop on the train, this is the world we live in and there is nothing you or I or any of us can do about it.

Peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12