Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Open Tennis

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    Whoops meant 18th grand slam.

You would have to think he could win 2 out of the next 3 slams.
    With Federer not playing much and Nadal struggling with muscle injuries, all 3 GS titles are possible... This new crop of players looks more willing to wait for the "Big 3" to retire then to compete with them.
    “The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bukar For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bukar View Post
    With Federer not playing much and Nadal struggling with muscle injuries, all 3 GS titles are possible... This new crop of players looks more willing to wait for the "Big 3" to retire then to compete with them.
    Good point, nobody has stepped up other than dominic thiem in the majors.

Clearly mednedev isn't ready to win a slam just yet.
    As for Federer hes 40 in August so I would only give him one last chance of another slam & that would be a minuscule chance @Wimbledon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Just seen last night that his visa wasn’t in order, a lot of anger in Australia and Melbourne especially considering the lockdown measures that they have endured that he was going to be allowed enter Australia and defend his title without providing vaccination status
    I know he is a great player, but he shouldn’t be allowed to disrespect or disregard the rules

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (06-01-22)

Djokovic in a detention center in Australia
    He doesn't seem to be vaccinated and doesn't seem to have a medical reason not to
    Will find it difficult to defend his title in there..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluered99 For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (06-01-22), westcorklad (06-01-22)

Reviews

I think they have no option but to send him (novak) home unless he gets a vaccination there
    Last edited by robbie9; 06-01-22 at 13:05.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (06-01-22), westcorklad (06-01-22)

Reviews

Djokovic is appealing the decision to cancel his visa but I think the outcome will be that he will either have to go home or else be allowed to stay in Melbourne but have to quarantine in his hotel room for 14 days, by which time the Australian Open will be underway and he would have to concede a walkover in his 1st match. It looks like game set and match to the Australian authorities.
    The Truth is out there.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

LLLLL (06-01-22), Noregrets (06-01-22), Privet (07-01-22), robbie9 (06-01-22), Ryankelvin (06-01-22), SteveB (06-01-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    We'll have to call him No Vac anymore.
    That's a good one

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Privet (07-01-22)

I like Djokovic, but I dont understand If he got the permit from the Tennis Association ( I dont know the name now :-)), why they didnt made an agreement with the Australian Goverment, also? They dont “speak with each-other, or what? Or the Association made a mistake? It such a pity and miserable
    ❤️❤️❤️ Do not miss Your best experience - Goodbye - See You in July/Limerick ‼️‼️ ❤️❤️❤️

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LLLLL For This Useful Post:

Privet (07-01-22), robbie9 (06-01-22)

17. Default

Either Novax himself or somebody on his team didn't realise that Border control in Australia is a federal (they call it commonwealth) matter. He can have permission to play, and permission to enter Victoria, but neither of those things get him out of the airport. Originally the federal government were pretty neutral, but after so much public anger their position hardened.

Whatever he told the medical boards obviously wasn't enough for the Border Force. He's not getting much sympathy from the other players. I like Nadal more every day. And even if Novax wins his court case on Monday - which is HIGHLY unlikely - he's probably going to get a very hostile reception from the crowd. Life in Melbourne has been very hard the last two years.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to liffey For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (06-01-22)

Reviews

I would be raging if Djokovic beat the record for most grand slams. I hope he loses his appeal...the rules have to be the same for everyone. It seems like Serbia are getting involved for him. Fairly crazy from their government.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

liffey (08-01-22), Noregrets (06-01-22), robbie9 (06-01-22)

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast