Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Clonee Incident

Reviews

Mistake for SWAI to get involved.
    If they did feel the need to say something a simple "regret at the loss of a life" statement would have sufficed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (05-01-21), philipkntz (06-01-21)

Reviews

As a political movement Black Lives Matter advocates on behalf of the marginalised and they have a policy of supporting the decriminalisation of sex work, therefore the SWAI statement makes perfect sense.
    Institutional racism refers to the culture of an institution and doesn't mean individual members of the institution are racist, it's referring to the culture. Think of the RUC where individual members were alright and well meaning but the institution was rotten to the core.
    If you the Gardai or the justice system in Ireland treat the working class, blacks, travellers or sex workers the same as they treat the middle class, whites etc then you are blind to reality .

Quote Originally Posted by the devils dandruff View Post
    I dont dispute that part, I am glad the gardai cleared that up and dispelled that story.

What I do dispute is this “mental health problems” narrative. I’ve not seen any proof of that anywhere, except claims by his own brother, who isn’t exactly credible.

Reviews

strange he wasn't murdered bt Gardai , luckily he's white
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39937482.html

A FATHER-of-three threatened to slit a female garda’s throat when she stopped and questioned him on an inner city street.
    Gareth Lynch (39) was “not a good example” to the young children who were bystanders as he also threatened to headbutt the officer and shouted insults at her.
    Dublin District Court heard it “wasn’t a very pleasant experience” for the garda, who “bore the brunt” of Lynch’s aggression on the day.
    Judge Bryan Smyth spared him jail, giving him a two-month suspended sentence.
    Lynch, of Pearse House in central Dublin, pleaded guilty to threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour and failing to comply with garda directions.

Garda Maria Harmon said she was on duty on Sheriff Street on January 7 last year when she saw three men being approached by another at the junction of Crinian Strand.
    She became suspicious, and when she approached them, Lynch called her a “g** bag c**t” and said he would “slit my throat”, she told the court.
    Gda Harmon told him he would be arrested and he said he would headbutt her and moved towards her.
    Members of the public were in the area at the time, she said.

The garda had “borne the brunt” of Lynch’s aggression, but he came before the court a “very different person”, his barrister Donal Pattison said.
    Lynch could not recall the incident and was “shocked” at the evidence when his lawyer went through it with him.
    He apologised in court and said: “I can’t even remember that day.”

Lynch had a drug dependency but was tackling this, Mr Pattison said.
    The garda had been a victim of the accused’s addiction on the day.

“It wasn’t a very pleasant experience for Garda Harmon to be called these names,” Judge
    Smyth said, “and not a very good example to the young children who I understand were present.”
    Last edited by joggon; 06-01-21 at 13:53.
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post

A FATHER-of-three threatened to slit a female garda’s throat when she stopped and questioned him on an inner city street.
    Gareth Lynch (39) was “not a good example” to the young children who were bystanders as he also threatened to headbutt the officer and shouted insults at her.
    Dublin District Court heard it “wasn’t a very pleasant experience” for the garda, who “bore the brunt” of Lynch’s aggression on the day.
    Lynch, of Pearse House in central Dublin, pleaded guilty to threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour and failing to comply with garda directions.

Garda Maria Harmon said she was on duty on Sheriff Street on January 7 last year when she saw three men being approached by another at the junction of Crinian Strand.
    She became suspicious, and when she approached them, Lynch called her a “g** bag c**t” and said he would “slit my throat”, she told the court.
    Gda Harmon told him he would be arrested and he said he would headbutt her and moved towards her.

The garda had “borne the brunt” of Lynch’s aggression, but he came before the court a “very different person”, his barrister Donal Pattison said.
    Lynch could not recall the incident and was “shocked” at the evidence when his lawyer went through it with him.

“It wasn’t a very pleasant experience for Garda Harmon to be called these names,” Judge
    Smyth said, “and not a very good example to the young children who I understand were present.”
    If he had a knife and made the threat and lunged at the guard he would also more then likely be dead

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksey86 View Post
    If he had a knife and made the threat and lunged at the guard he would also more then likely be dead

you mean after resisting arrest which he does not appear to have done, and then after maybe 2 hours of alternate means used including pepper spray and tasers.

Get your facts right instead of trying to drum up anti cop hatred.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Noregrets For This Useful Post:

ShyRedViking (06-01-21)

Blog Entries

What was she going to shoot him with? From what I can tell she isn't ERU. Also a big diff between this and a guy armed with a dangerous impliment and moving to use it.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    What was she going to shoot him with? From what I can tell she isn't ERU. Also a big diff between this and a guy armed with a dangerous impliment and moving to use it.

Westside.
    no offence but ur a dope
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

11. The Following User Says Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

mrcumalot (07-01-21)

Blog Entries

no offence but ur a dope
    Let me get this. This is your response and I'm the dope?

Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Let me get this. This is your response and I'm the dope?

Westside.
    He's not wrong though.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESONCORK For This Useful Post:

mrcumalot (07-01-21)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast